PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Brady will get a two-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a different poster. I am saying that if BB feels that JG is a franchise QB, they need to hold onto him at all costs, because good young QBs are extraordinary hard to acquire.

I think it's more likely that MacDaniels gets the Cleveland job after this season and gives the Patriots their first for Garrapolo.

Such wringing of and hands and gnashing of teeth...

I haven't seen anything like this since they traded the franchise quarterback to a division rival, no less, for some unknown JAG.

Such wringing of and hands and gnashing of teeth...

I haven't seen anything like this since they traded the franchise quarterback to a division rival, no less, for some unknown JAG.

You mean Brady? He's still a jag according to some here, they can replace him with a "franchise QB" anytime they want and still win 80% of their games and go to the Super Bowl every other year.

And BTW, when they traded Bledsoe the guy who WON the job had already won them their first Lombardi., and he had to make it through more than 6 quarters to do so.

I think it's more likely that MacDaniels gets the Cleveland job after this season and gives the Patriots their first for Garrapolo.
I hope, for his sake, that he's able to field some better opportunities than CLE, which is a job that he's already turned down even before last year's 0-16 chatter.

One can argue that they're going about their rebuilding process in the right manner now, so maybe that helps their cause. Personally, I believe that Hue Jackson will get another season or two to prove that there's some progress being made--unless of course, that progress isn't there, in which case we're back to debating why McDaniels would even want the job to begin with. Just thinking out loud.

If so, perhaps our fanbase rating shouldn't be #1 or even #2.
With the anal and poop references, a number #2 joke actually feels quite fitting here.

Getting things back on topic, I don't blame fans for chiming in on a debate about the QB situation; I just think that debate should be limited to ideas as to how they can make a transition in a few years. Of course, as we know, the odds of that happening would be slim for several different reasons.

Goodell: Brady will get a two-year suspension

Of course Belichick is always going to build the strongest team he can , that goes without saying, but he also certainly realizes that having a dynasty requires having a great QB to run your team, and there is simply no way the successor to Brady will ever come close to achieving what Brady has achieved,

Wrong way of thinking about it. The question is not what HAS Brady ACHIEVED. If that was the question there would be no question. He's the GOAT for a reason.

The question is, what WILL Brady ACHIEVE, and that's a thornier one full of situations and possibilities that we have no idea how they'll really play out.

I don't think that it pays to take a 40 year old player and try to go beyond a year to year basis. You CAN win with old players, if you manage your risks intelligently. You can't win with old players if you pretend they're 25 instead of 40 and just turn them loose with no contingency plan.

Now that doesn't have to be Garoppolo. You see someone in the draft that you like and think Brissett can hold servein the meantime, go for it. But you better have someone in the wings ready o go at all times, because the margin of error for great quarterbacks is so narrow that Kellerman is doing little more than stating the obvious and trying to make it sound original when he talks about cliffs.

Speaking of (Bo)Zo, has anyone heard from him since the Hayward signing? Crickets. He was drunk texting from the Cape last week ****ting on Ainge after the George trade. Maybe he's been passed out since yesterday.

You have to love how simpleton and quantum mechanic keep disliking and disagreeing with the Pro Brady position but neither can articulate any rational argument for Garrapolo getting the job over him.

Well, when faced with the likes of you there's not really much need to put in much effort, frankly.

And that's not even counting all the times when you outright lie about and misrepresent what other people say because apparently you're deathly afraid of losing your Brady hardon or something.

All I have ever said is there will come a time where the ever-shrinking number of games Brady has left in his career will outweigh the fact that he may well still be better than his replacement and the team will need to move on from Brady whether or not the replacement is better than Brady at that moment. To anyone who can rub a couple of brain cells together, that's not even close to some wild-eyed, crazy statement.

Further, I've specifically asked you and others that adhere to your simplistic way of "thinking" in this matter to tell us how few games of Brady you're willing to take for JG (or replacement of your choice) and you time and time again take the coward's way out. I imagine you'll do it again, but I'll ask again otherwise:

So for example, would you trade the remainder of JG's NFL career for 48 games of Brady? For 32? For 16? For 8? For 4? For 1? Where's the line? Because no matter how much you want to pretend there isn't a line, there is one.

I would be the happiest person in the world if Brady played another 5 seasons for NE. And if I knew he would I'd drop JG in a heartbeat without even a ghost of a second thought. On the flip side, if I knew Brady was done or otherwise will hang it up after the 2018 season (i.e. playing for a total of another two seasons) then it's very reasonable (though admittedly psychically tough) to let Brady go after this season if that were the only way of keeping JG.

Oh, and before you lie through your teeth again, there is no one here who wants to see anyone other than Brady be the starter for the upcoming 2017 season.

And that's not even counting all the times when you outright lie about and misrepresent what other people say because apparently you're deathly afraid of losing your Brady hardon or something.
I know one thing, I'll never lose my Brady hard on.

It says: Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Junior (no "JR" abbreviation) on it, and the writing starts about halfway up the shaft.

I haven't heard anyone scream for a better backup QB here ever.

Yes you have, unless you slept through 2008. Lots of people weren't very happy that Matt Cassel was the best the Patriots could do that year. Besides, once age became a real issue for Brady we had Mallett, a capable backup, and then Garoppolo who's considered a regular-starter quality quarterback. So no you might not have seen that kind of complaining, because BB has done his job and hedged his bets with good quarterbacks.

If we were still fielding Cassels and Malletts behind Brady now, you would see a lot of justified concern, and since you need a bit of remedial help with reading comprehension, that was in fact what I was saying in the quote you took of me.

Yes you have, unless you slept through 2008. Lots of people weren't very happy that Matt Cassel was the best the Patriots could do that year. Besides, once age became a real issue for Brady we had Mallett, a capable backup, and then Garoppolo who's considered a regular-starter quality quarterback. So no you might not have seen that kind of complaining, because BB has done his job and hedged his bets with good quarterbacks.

If we were still fielding Cassels and Malletts behind Brady now, you would see a lot of justified concern, and since you need a bit of remedial help with reading comprehension, that was in fact what I was saying in the quote you took of me.
No one was screaming about the backup.

Well, when faced with the likes of you there's not really much need to put in much effort, frankly.

All I have ever said is there will come a time where the ever-shrinking number of games Brady has left in his career will outweigh the fact that he may well still be better than his replacement and the team will need to move on from Brady whether or not the replacement is better than Brady at that moment. To anyone who can rub a couple of brain cells together, that's not even close to some wild-eyed, crazy statement.

Further, I've specifically asked you and others that adhere to your simplistic way of "thinking" in this matter to tell us how few games of Brady you're willing to take for JG (or replacement of your choice) and you time and time again take the coward's way out. I imagine you'll do it again, but I'll ask again otherwise:

So for example, would you trade the remainder of JG's NFL career for 48 games of Brady? For 32? For 16? For 8? For 4? For 1? Where's the line? Because no matter how much you want to pretend there isn't a line, there is one.

I would be the happiest person in the world if Brady played another 5 seasons for NE. And if I knew he would I'd drop JG in a heartbeat without even a ghost of a second thought. On the flip side, if I knew Brady was done or otherwise will hang it up after the 2018 season (i.e. playing for a total of another two seasons) then it's very reasonable (though admittedly psychically tough) to let Brady go after this season if that were the only way of keeping JG.

Oh, and before you lie through your teeth again, there is no one here who wants to see anyone other than Brady be the starter for the upcoming 2017 season.
You don't get an answer because your question is a false narrative. Brady does not have an expiration date printed on him.
It's also stated wrong because it's not Brady for x years vs garoppolos career.
It's Brady for x years plus the best guy the can find that isn't garoppolo (who could very well be better than garoppolo) vs garoppolo.
They won't be playing without a QB when brady retires.

The problem with this position for me is that you don't know how many games either of them have. We do know that Brady is able to deliver trophies. We know he can rally his team. We know that his teammates do not give up no matter the circumstances. etc...etc...

So it's not how many games are we trading rather how many SB's or SB runs are we trading for JG.

I've rewatched JG's two starts multiple times and I would advise others to do so as well. He played well but not well enough to win a playoff game. Can he become a playoff caliber QB? Absolutely and he did get noticeably better from week 1 to week 2 but he's not there based on those two games. He did overthrow wide open receivers multiple times in both games, he did, at times, hold onto the ball too long, he did almost throw a pick 6 in week 1, he did take multiple sacks and hits and he did, at times, have trouble finding his second reads. But, again, he did improve in most of those areas in the second week. I will also say that JG played better than the opposing QB's he faced (Palmer and Tannehill).

Anyways the only argument people can make for JG is "in BB we trust" because it can't be based on his performance during those two games. imo.

Lastly if JG becomes the starting QB for whatever reason I will support him more so than some in this forum because I already know that we will have to endure 40+ sack and double digit int seasons. I have a feeling that some here will **** their frilly little panties when they experience what a good QB really is. They've been accustomed to seeing historically great for the last 17 years.

I think Brady still has plenty left in the tank and that means I think there are two or three more possible SB runs. I don't want to trade that for an unknown commodity.

Last edited:
The problem with this position for me is that you don't know how many games either of them have. We do know what Brady is able to deliver trophies. We know he can rally his team. We know that his teammates do not give up no matter the circumstances. etc...etc...

So it's not how many games are we trading rather how many SB's or SB runs are we trading for JG.

I've rewatched JG's two starts multiple times and I would advise others to do so as well. He played well but not well enough to win a playoff game. Can he become a playoff caliber QB? Absolutely and he did get noticeably better from week 1 to week 2 but he's not there based on those two games. He did overthrow wide open receivers multiple times in both games, he did, at times, hold onto the ball too long, he did almost throw a pick 6 in week 1, he did take multiple sacks and hits and he did, at times, have trouble finding his second reads. But, again, he did improve in most of those areas in the second week. I will also say that JG played better than the opposing QB's he faced (Palmer and Tannehill).

Anyways the only argument people can make for JG is "in BB we trust" because it can't be based on his performance during those two games. imo.

Lastly if JG becomes the starting QB for whatever reason I will support him more so than some in this forum because I already know that we will have to endure 40+ sack and double digit int seasons. I have a feeling that some here will **** their frilly little panties when they experience what a good QB really is. They've been accustomed to seeing historically great for the last 17 years.

I think Brady still has plenty left in the tank and that means I think there are two or three more possible SB runs. I don't want to trade that for an unknown commodity.
The fact that defenses had yet to fully adjust to JAG has to be taken into account as well.

You don't get an answer because your question is a false narrative. Brady does not have an expiration date printed on him.
It's also stated wrong because it's not Brady for x years vs garoppolos career.
It's Brady for x years plus the best guy the can find that isn't garoppolo (who could very well be better than garoppolo) vs garoppolo.
They won't be playing without a QB when brady retires.
I guess if the patriots fail to win the next three SB's, it will because we didn't start JG. NOT!

I guess if the patriots fail to win the next three SB's, it will because we didn't start JG. NOT!
Well we already have a poster in record as saying if the patriots go 19-0 this year, they should cut Brady instead of trading JAG or letting him go to free agency.

Some great quarterbacks have never even one one Super Bowl. Brady won this team five. Leave the man alone.

Well we already have a poster in record as saying if the patriots go 19-0 this year, they should cut Brady instead of trading JAG or letting him go to free agency.
If the Patriots go 19-0, I'll wear a Goodell mask and run naked through Faneuil Hall. JG doesn't have to do anything.

I know one thing, I'll never lose my Brady hard on.

It says: Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Junior (no "JR" abbreviation) on it, and the writing starts about halfway up the shaft.

Brett Favre got a similar tattoo because he appreciates masters of his craft. However his just says "TB12".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes