PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zeke???

Not sure where I read it but there was a claim that Zeke isn't a good pass-catcher anymore... which is nonsense, Pollard took over the bulk of that role last year. Zeke was an elite every down back in his prime, now he's clearly past that but he can still play all 3 downs.

Last edited:
Yes, they are both half washed. So is Cook. I do not understand why BB is intent on signing one of them if Harris and Strong took 2nd year leaps. I understand the contracts are cheap, but why take time away from the new guys? BB must want a vet.
It's all about pass protection. The undervalued part of the position that doesn't show up on stat sheets. You can't just throw someone out there and potentially get your QB killed. I mean, there's a reason Kevin Faulk played 15 years or whatever it was. Why Brandon Bolden still has a job in the league, etc.

One of the better pass protectors at his position. Hes been top 3 forever. You know Bill is thinking about that. I wouldn't hate it bc I'm assuming he'll command a lot less than Cook.

I still think we're set at RB and want to see Strong get some real reps.

One of the better pass protectors at his position. Hes been top 3 forever. You know Bill is thinking about that. I wouldn't hate it bc I'm assuming he'll command a lot less than Cook.

I still think we're set at RB and want to see Strong get some real reps.

Set? We have only 3 in the building worth a ****. (Not counting possible FB/HB/TE Anthony Frisker.). We need At Least one more, just to account for injuries.

Not sure where I read it but there was a claim that Zeke isn't a good pass-catcher anymore... which is nonsense, Pollard took over the bulk of that role last year. Zeke was an elite every down back in his prime, now he's clearly past that but he can still play all 3 downs.
Some bozo here posted that

No news on Cook yet? Interesting. Thought for sure it would be announced today if he was really going to the JETE.

I figure Zeke and the Pats will be waiting to hear on that before inking anything.

No news on Cook yet? Interesting. Thought for sure it would be announced today if he was really going to the JETE.

I figure Zeke and the Pats will be waiting to hear on that before inking anything.
Reports he was at jets camp observing practice and is taking a physical tomorrow.

I sure hope Mac screened his food for everything he doesn’t like. WTF do ya’ll think they are staring at?

IMG_2297.jpeg

I’m for it, excellent pass blocker, pretty good receiving back, really good short yardage. Just needs to be a situational guy.

Just one unfortunately, somewhere in Maine I believe.
I miss Ground Round. Used to have my parents take me there a lot as a kid. The Fresh Pond location specifically. I remember their “pay what you weigh” promotion, a penny per pound I think it was. Too offensive for today’s generation, but as a scrawny little kid it was to my benefit. I was there for the arcade machines and the mozzarella sticks. Good times. (Oh wait, that’s another place I miss…)

Nothing against Zeke, but I’m hoping if they sign him it’s for training camp, with nothing guaranteed so he can be cut without cost when the young legs run rings around him in preseason.

I miss Ground Round. Used to have my parents take me there a lot as a kid. The Fresh Pond location specifically. I remember their “pay what you weigh” promotion, a penny per pound I think it was. Too offensive for today’s generation, but as a scrawny little kid it was to my benefit. I was there for the arcade machines and the mozzarella sticks. Good times. (Oh wait, that’s another place I miss…)

Ahhh ground round near New Bedford and the York Steakhouse in Dartmouth were it for me….damn.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back