PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zackary Bowman, Pats CB draft target, waived by Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im from Nebraska and saw him play alot. He's a stud. Shut down corner. Would of been first rounder if he hadn't been hurt. We need to sign him.

Ok im from Nebraska and saw him play alot. He's a stud. Shut down corner. Would of been first rounder if he hadn't been hurt. We need to sign him.

Zack? :)
---------

Oh come on. "Shut down" corners no longer exist especially corners that were average to slightly above average college players. I've watched him nearly every game and the guy got burnt...alot. That being said, we could do alot worse for a #5 CB.

You may be right but he still has speed and I think he will only get faster as he continues to get his legs under him. The biggest challenge for him will be unlearning everything Cosgrove/Elmissian taught him, you know, like actually looking for the ball to make a pick, and unlearn losing. If anyone could do that it is the Pats.

Kierkegaard???...now you SEE the problem?...how the hell am I supposed to argue ANY point with a dead Danish philosopher??

not fair

Probably wouldn't drop LeVoir until the OL health is improved, but I wouldn't be opposed to dropping CJ Jones from the 53, or Richardson from the PS. I don't want to drop either of our other rookie CBs though, and having THREE rookie CBs on the 53 would be too much.

Probably wouldn't drop LeVoir until the OL health is improved, but I wouldn't be opposed to dropping CJ Jones from the 53, or Richardson from the PS. I don't want to drop either of our other rookie CBs though, and having THREE rookie CBs on the 53 would be too much.
I think the Pats could find a way IF they really want him..will be interesting to see how/if it happens.

I think it's funny when people use "shut down corner" - I mean, I'm 37 and I've seen ONE shut down corner in my day and that was Dieon Sanders.

I think it's funny when people use "shut down corner" - I mean, I'm 37 and I've seen ONE shut down corner in my day and that was Dieon Sanders.

Champ Bailey is pretty close, and you could argue Ty Law in his prime. But to say it about a rookie is kind of silly.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way the Pats would keep three rookie CB's on the roster. This defense is far too complicated for that.

They wouldn't keep three rookie linebackers, either. The LB spot is even more complicated.

So, for all you guys hoping the Pats keep Mayo, Guyton, and Crable, I've got news for you.

What? They did? Really?

So, they were trying to draft three corners, in Wheatley, Wilhite, and Bowman? And they kept three rookie linebackers? At a far more complex position? Huh.

Well, then, I guess they might keep three rookie CB's. They certainly considered it when making the move to draft a third corner.

I think they try to keep the best 53.

Champ Bailey is pretty close, and you could argue Ty Law in his prime. But to say it about a rookie is kind of silly.

I agree those guys were great, but Shut Down? Na, no way.

Rookie shut down, I agree...Silly.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way the Pats would keep three rookie CB's on the roster. This defense is far too complicated for that.

They wouldn't keep three rookie linebackers, either. The LB spot is even more complicated.

So, for all you guys hoping the Pats keep Mayo, Guyton, and Crable, I've got news for you.

What? They did? Really?

So, they were trying to draft three corners, in Wheatley, Wilhite, and Bowman? And they kept three rookie linebackers? At a far more complex position? Huh.

Well, then, I guess they might keep three rookie CB's. They certainly considered it when making the move to draft a third corner.

I think they try to keep the best 53.

Sigh, where did I claim the scheme was too complicated for a rookie? Sure, they're looking for the best 53, and in my OPINION, having a mix of vets in there is a good thing.

If they choose to go with 3 rookies, I'll assume they were the best three candidates. But in all likelihood, a third rookie wouldn't beat out a vet without a full camp with the team.

I had the Pats pegged to select Bowman back in April, so I'm definitely on the side of snatching him up now!

Might be brought in and let LeVoir or someone like that get cut.

Couldnt hurt.
Yeah, it could. Bowman could suck and LeVoir could turn out to have been good and needed.

Not saying that this is the case. I don't know anything about either player. But any 53-man roster personnel decision has repercussions and needs to be made by careful analysis, not winging with with a, "What the heck, why not? Couldn't hurt." approach.

Yeah, it could. Bowman could suck and LeVoir could turn out to have been good and needed.

Not saying that this is the case. I don't know anything about either player. But any 53-man roster personnel decision has repercussions and needs to be made by careful analysis, not winging with with a, "What the heck, why not? Couldn't hurt." approach.

If the Pats want to put in a claim for Bowman, they have to

decide at the same time what player to cut. That player's name

has to be submitted along with the claim.

When does this guy clear waivers? Should be some time today, right?

I would rather have the Pats pick up Jamie Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand