PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zack Sudfeld

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is so full of fail it should come with a health warning.

If people are upset with the contribution from Sudfeld through week 3, people would be wise to see what Coby Fleener, Round 2 Pick 34 did in his rookie season with the Colts.

Gronkowski, Graham and Hernandez rookie seasons are the exception not the norm.

In my opinion the #1 priority of the offseason needs to be addressing the void left by Hernandez. It needs to be addressed not only for the importance to the offense, but also to put Hernandez behind us completely, if we are unable to return to a 2 tight end system again next season it will once again keep that POS name in the mouths of people, especially with his trial likely to go down right around the start of the season.

We can address it through the draft as you’ve already listed the names and there are some free agent options as well.

Jermichael Finely
Dustin Keller
Fred Davis
Jimmy Graham

Personally I think they should pony up and sign Jimmy Graham, if ever a time for us to go out and make a move that says we have moved on it is this situation. Give the fans back what Hernandez took away the best 2 tight end offense to ever take the field.

In my opinion the #1 priority of the offseason needs to be addressing the void left by Hernandez. It needs to be addressed not only for the importance to the offense, but also to put Hernandez behind us completely, if we are unable to return to a 2 tight end system again next season it will once again keep that POS name in the mouths of people, especially with his trial likely to go down right around the start of the season.

We can address it through the draft as you’ve already listed the names and there are some free agent options as well.

Jermichael Finely
Dustin Keller
Fred Davis
Jimmy Graham

Personally I think they should pony up and sign Jimmy Graham, if ever a time for us to go out and make a move that says we have moved on it is this situation. Give the fans back what Hernandez took away the best 2 tight end offense to ever take the field.
You're happy to pay Jimmy Graham more than Gronkowski (because that's what it is going to take) to be the #2 TE on the roster? That is not the way to build a championship caliber roster.

Re: Re: Zack Sudfeld

You're happy to pay Jimmy Graham more than Gronkowski (because that's what it is going to take) to be the #2 TE on the roster? That is not the way to build a championship caliber roster.

If this off season taught anything its that free agents aren't being paid big deals as often as in the past, so I don't know if that is true that we'd have to pay him more.

Joseph Fauria caught another TD pass yesterday...just sayin'.

If this off season taught anything its that free agents aren't being paid big deals as often as in the past, so I don't know if that is true that we'd have to pay him more.
The clear cut second best Tight End in the NFL with prodigious Red Zone production is going to be paid for pennies on the dollar because veterans pushing closer to 30 didn't receive big money deals one off season? C'mon Brady6, you know that's not going to happen with Graham.

Re: Re: Zack Sudfeld

The clearl cut second best Tight End in the NFL with prodigious Red Zone production is going to be paid for pennies on the dollar because veterans pushing closer to 30 didn't receive big money deals one off season? C'mon Brady6, you know that's not going to happen with Graham.

I know it's unlikely but I can dream :)

If you''re are going to have dreams about tight ends, why not simply dream than Sudfeld will be one of the top TE's in the league by next year? Wasn't everyone dreaming that only three or four weeks ago?

I know it's unlikely but I can dream :)

If people are upset with the contribution from Sudfeld through week 3, people would be wise to see what Coby Fleener, Round 2 Pick 34 did in his rookie season with the Colts.

Gronkowski, Graham and Hernandez rookie seasons are the exception not the norm.

Agreed... but some of the yahoos were actually comparing him to AH in the preseason. Better hands, better routes. :cool:

Its comforting to know that, despite a 3-0 start to the season, we have posters diligent enough to scour long and hard for something to gripe about - even if its a UDFA TE....you have to admire the commitment to pessimism.

There are people who cannot be happy unless they are unhappy about something.

After 2 active games an UDFA rookie is looking a bit like an UDFA rookie. That is something to post a thread with an angry face about.

Agreed... but some of the yahoos were actually comparing him to AH in the preseason. Better hands, better routes. :cool:

Lol. AH would have been a 1st/2nd rounder if he wasn't such a thug. Dude was a freak his whole life. Whomever though suds would be a AH was wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back