PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You F****ing kidding me? (rant) [tablet malfunctions; stadium wireless issues]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, let me get this out of the way first: In no way do I think those non-working Surfaces had anything to do with our loss. It’s pretty much all on the o-line, A couple bad throws by Brady, and some questionable playcalling. I would also like to apologize in advance for my foul language…. I’m sorry, I just can’t help myself. I’ve been reading these mocking tweets and listening to media rants dozens of times over the past couple of days, and the anger is being built inside of me, I’m about to explode…

Now, having the disclaimer/forward out of the way… let the anger spill out….

[rant]
I notice one trend on Twitter and in the media since the conclusion of the AFCCG: Everyone seems to be blaming and mocking the manufacturer of the equipment in use (Microsoft) instead of piling on the Donkeys and Sports Authority network infrastructure. And I know, yes, if it happens to the Pats no one gives a 5hit… everyone only cares when either the Pats are the culprit or if the malfunction takes place at Gillette - I get it!

But let’s back-track for a second to week 1: Steelers @ Patriots for the season opener. The Steelers had issues with the headsets, and everyone was immediately piling on with a new #HeadSetGate hashtag horse5hit. Now, in and of itself this is not surprising. We all as Patriots fans, have grown accustomed to this unfortunate negative biased discrimination against our team and this organization.

But what infuriates me the most that back then, everyone immediately piled on the Patriots and Gillette stadium yet no one mentioned the words ‘Bose’! No one *****ed and smeared Bose’s brand name. When that incident happened in week 1, immediately it was something to do with radio frequencies without even knowing the NATURE of the problem. Tomlin was claiming he was listening to Patriots radio and everyone immediately took his word for it. NO ONE questioned the equipment itself, and not a single mentioning of the brand ‘Bose’. It was all network/radio related immediately from the getgo. Everyone heard Tomlin complain about his headset not working, and immediately it was the Patriots fault, without even knowing WHAT WAS THE EXACT NATURE OF THE PROBLEM – i.e. gear/wiring/transponders/receivers/etc….. it was immediately “The Patriots were pumping their radio into the Steelers headsets”. Where in reality for all we knew, Tomlin’s could have been making all this 5hit up! No diagnostics results provided, no troubleshooting. No one even know if the gear was just muted or simply malfunctioned…. IT WAS ALL ON THE PATRIOTS, without even knowing WHAT was WRONG EXACTLY! :mad::mad::mad:

Fast forward to the AFCCG, and all of a sudden no one is at fault BUT Microsoft. It’s all Microsoft’s fault (which by the way, BALANTLY DENIED having anything to do with the malfunction, claiming their tablets did not malfunction at all). Instead, Microsoft AND the league issued a statement claiming it was a WiFi problem at Sports Authority. So with that said: Why is everyone still blaming this on the tablets themselves?!?! It is CLEAR that this was not a hardware problem, but rather a wireless network one. Will the league issue an investigation like it did back then after week 1?!?! BTW, If I were Microsoft's CEO I’d might consider suing the league for defamation while at that, especially since the team involved were the Patriots – the team that had just beat their local Seattle Seahawks in the superbowl. I’m no Microsoft fanboy by any stretch of the word, but to me their name is being dragged through mud here for no reason.

Also, how come league officials approached the Patriots bench back in week 1 and demanded they shut off their headset gear while the Steelers’ gear was being troubleshot, yet no one demanded the Broncos shut off THEIR tablets while the Pats’ were out of commission?

So to recap: When it was in Gillette, no one falsely accused/mocked the manufacturer of the gear in use even though there was no evidence of foul play. No one bad-mouthed Bose for issuing 5hitty *** gear – it was immediately all Patriots/Gillette stadium’s fault. But when a CLEAR interference/WiFi ‘malfunction’ takes place (in a championship game nonetheless) at a place other than Foxboro, all of a sudden everyone is mocking the equipment, and turn a blind eye AND BLATANTLY IGNORE the fact that the network is being provided and controlled by stadium? Why were the Broncos not asked to shut off their tablets while the Pats couldn’t use theirs? Why isn’t the league issuing an investigation just like they did in week 1? Why isn’t Kraft DEMAND an investigation?!? I mean after all, when it’s the Patriots, we get investigated on every little ********!

**** THIS LEAGUE! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

If I didn’t love this team so much, I’d stop watching football altogether. Bunch of f****ing assholes. I swear that f**ing Goodell douchebag will get his due karma one day. F***ing POS! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
[/rant]

tldr but a whiff of tinfoil emanates from within

If it was a Wifi problem, then no one's tablets should have been working. The signal can't discrimnate unless it was made to.

Alas, some Patriot fans will have to learn to endure this puerile treatment from the rest of the league/mediots/fan bases until if/when the team is no longer relevant/dominant.

On a personal note, my two cousins are die hard Steeler fans and both have blown up my Facebook newsfeed with anti Brady and Patriot memes.

I've learned over the course of the past year to laugh it off, and pity those who suffer from having TB12 and the NEP in their heads seemingly 24/7.

If it was a Wifi problem, then no one's tablets should have been working. The signal can't discrimnate unless it was made to.

Wrong. It was already reported that the stadium provides two different networks, to separate the data between the two teams, or else you could hop on your opponents' data and grab (or fck around with it). Two separate WiFi networks. It was said that only the Patriots' network was down, while the Broncos' was fully operational. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear someone pulled the Pats' router's plug....

Yes you did rant as stated. At this point it is all water under the bridge.

316-make-it-stop.jpg

Wrong. It was already reported that the stadium provides two different networks, to separate the data between the two teams, or else you could hop on your opponents' data and grab (or fck around with it). Two separate WiFi networks. It was said that only the Patriots' network was down, while the Broncos' was fully operational. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear someone pulled the Pats' router's plug....

Or maybe an enterprising hacker from Denver engaged in a little mischief.

Last edited:
Its Apple fanboys getting a dig in at a competitor. Its not unlike Patriot nation v rest of the league.

Bose didn't get mentioned I think because its less known they provide the headsets... plus Apple fanboys don't buy Apple headphones.

We'll if it was two different networks that's a different story. And you don't have to separate the network to separate the data, most platforms allow for granular access to data. I can't imagine they couldn't discriminate between which data went where based on login. So it sounds like someone in IT was pulling for the Donks

We'll if it was two different networks that's a different story. And you don't have to separate the network to separate the data, most platforms allow for granular access to data. I can't imagine they couldn't discriminate between which data went where based on login. So it sounds like someone in IT was pulling for the Donks

Wouldn't surprise me one bit

Shocker....

RT @getwired: "Surfaces have not experienced a single failure in the two years they’ve been used on NFL sidelines." //Even when beaten on Johnny's head.
Richard Hay @WinObs

I have been in enterprise networking (wireless and wired) for over 12 years and the NFL/Microsoft explanation is full of $****. Their explanation that it was a defective cable that caused the issue is laughable. In networking you always build in redundancy at every level including and ESPECIALLY at the Physical layer of the network. There should be redundant routers, redundant switches, redundant cable paths, redundant Wi-Fi towers and redundant tablets for each team. ALL failure scenarios should be tested for the day before the game even starts. Any failures that do occur during the game should have automatic redundant work-arounds. The ONLY explanation I would buy besides something nefarious by the Broncos would be that of Wi-Fi interference since there is no way to block that except moving to a different band. Or possibly a tablet system failure. Or complete incompetence by the engineer that designed the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST