PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ye Official + Certified Humble Pie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I eat my crow on Wilson.
I had a double helping of fricassee'ed crow on account of wilson. But i still say we could have taken him later on and gotten another ....oh never mind.

Seems like I might be the only person who wasn't super impressed with Wilson yesterday, but he looked like he belonged out there, which is good enough for me.

MF can tackle. That's +1 right there. Run support pass, support solid in game 1. He is off to a good start.

Would you rather have one the "Three Stooges" instead?

Josh Barrett
Sergio Brown
James Ihedigbo

Ihedigbo hurt his shoulder,while typing a response to your post:eek:

Unlike many posters OTG, you're willing to put yourself out there then make subsequent changes to your opinion where appropriate.

You're a credit to the board and yourself.

~ Excellent ~

Last edited:
I'll eat my crow on Ridley too, didn't like the pick that much. I never thought he could be this dynamic of a runner, if he becomes better in between the tackles, he may someday top Dillon's 2004 season.

So serve me up some of the crow..... mmmmmmmmm I LUH THE TASTE

Too soon to talk about him topping Corey Dillon.......but he did look good.

CD is a borderline HOF player

I don't know...I just don't trust this thread....

itsatarp128457783334398947.jpg

I am very happy to say that I was wrong about Chandler Jones. I was very critical of him in the lead up to the draft and I thought he was overrated. On tape I thought he was slow and lacked the lateral agility to be an elite pass rusher in the NFL. Well, it turns out that was because he was battling injury his final year at Syracuse and is a complete wrecking machine. I was very happy to be proved wrong and now have a Chandler Jones Jersey on the way.

I am also happy that I was completely wrong about Jermaine Cunningham. I thought he would be cut before camp and not even have a shot at making the roster. With last years performance and reports out of the lockeroom that he was a bit of an outsider, I thought his time in New England was up. Nobody has impressed me as much this season as Cunningham. It might just be me, but it looks like his body has changed and now he looks and plays like a beast. I think we will see a lot more of him lined up across from Jones instead on Ninko in the near future because that is a duo that can pressure the QB.

Unlike many posters OTG, you're willing to put yourself out there then make subsequent changes to your opinion where appropriate.

You're a credit to the board and yourself.

~ Excellent ~

That is extremely gracious of you, Brother Aussie. Thank ye kindly!!
beer.gif

I am very happy to say that I was wrong about Chandler Jones. I was very critical of him in the lead up to the draft and I thought he was overrated. On tape I thought he was slow and lacked the lateral agility to be an elite pass rusher in the NFL. Well, it turns out that was because he was battling injury his final year at Syracuse and is a complete wrecking machine. I was very happy to be proved wrong and now have a Chandler Jones Jersey on the way.

I am also happy that I was completely wrong about Jermaine Cunningham. I thought he would be cut before camp and not even have a shot at making the roster. With last years performance and reports out of the lockeroom that he was a bit of an outsider, I thought his time in New England was up. Nobody has impressed me as much this season as Cunningham. It might just be me, but it looks like his body has changed and now he looks and plays like a beast. I think we will see a lot more of him lined up across from Jones instead on Ninko in the near future because that is a duo that can pressure the QB.

The way JC laid waste to his blocker as a sub package dt gave me shivers. He is a much more physical and punishing pass rusher than he was in 2010, though his sack was finesse. If JC was in this kind of shape last year, the scheme would not have made a difference.

My tasty crow on rye is Brandon Lloyd :bricks:

"The Rams gave up a 7th for Lloyd? Didn't we give up a 2nd for Burgess?"

I was adamant that Waters would be back for game 1.

I really thought Carroll deserved at least one more year to mature.

I wasnt a fan of the new anti-Carroll, Belichick as a HC...

And as a bonus, only one of the following was true: ;)

I was really upset when we passed over Brady in the first..

I was really, really upset when we passed Brady over in the 2nd..

I was purple faced with anger when we passed over Brady in the 3rd..

Put my foot through the tv and almost elecrocuted myself when we passed on Brady in the 4th..

Was ready to cut my wrists with broken glass from the tv when we passed over Brady YET AGAIN in the 5th..

Said Brady who? when we drafted him in the sixth..

Last edited:
Ihedigbo hurt his shoulder while typing a response to your post:eek:

Actually the post veered a little to the right at the last second and Ihedigbo was badly fooled. He wound up posting on another computer, three offices down the hallway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe