PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

XLIX - Patriots vs. The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first thread, so a brief introduction before I get down to it. I’ve followed this board for a long time and I am grateful for all the insight and knowledge, passion and perspective I’ve gained here over the years. Based in the UK, I don’t have anyone to discuss the game with, as not many I know follow the NFL, so this board fills a void. I have flown from London to Boston for multiple Pats games and I live and breathe Patriots Football.

So this mentality: “Us against the World”. I heard about the Seahawks WR Baldwin who went on a rant against the media about how it was Seattle against the world - I laughed. He is angry because the media “doubted” them, when all I saw were accurate reports on their mediocre level of play early on this season. He has no true concept of what the Patriots have to face from 90% of the media and 31 other teams and their fan bases.

We’ve heard many former Patriots comment on how this mentality, and how the Pats use it to their advantage. Many of our recent playoff defeats have occurred when we have been the favorite to win. This time, we are a slight underdog, and have a new fire burning inside us to prove to all those creating ridiculous reasons for why New England continues to dominate. The last 2 Super Bowls, we played without the toughness and fire needed to get our hands on the Lombardi. This time, I have supreme confidence that we play 60 minutes lights out football.

On a fan level, I know we feel anger at this latest controversy. It is everywhere, and the worst part is there is seemingly nothing we can do about it. I even read an article in a British newspaper (which never covers the NFL) about how following the latest “scandal” New England are basically a dishonest team who only win because they cheat. The person that reported this first in the media angled it in a way they knew would gather most momentum and ultimately sell the most stories.

The way it should have been reported: “NFL to discipline match officials for not checking the ball air pressure properly prior to game”.

- But of course, no one would buy that newspaper, or click that boring, truthful article.

All it would take, is someone like Andrew Luck to come out and be the bigger man and admit they lost fair and square. Have the Colts no integrity? (I guess not!) If the situation was reversed, I am certain Tom Brady would hold his hands up and say they were the better team and lost fairly.

I read that one of the Colts cornerbacks, in a fit of childish bitterness, tweeted how they should play the game again – and I laughed once more. If this game was played again, it would be an even bigger FU blowout.

So next time you read a bitter comment relating to “deflated footballs” or if someone mentions spygate on a Pats article… don’t get mad, just smile to yourself knowingly.

In 2 weeks we will be World Champions.. and all of this will be insignificant.

I appreciate your comments on whether you think we will harness this negative energy and turn it into positive results on the field, as so many other great Patriot teams have done before them.

The problem is that this is going to be a home game for Seattle cause we are not the most liked team in the league to begin with. We will have our fan base in Arizona but the haters that will be there will be loud.

We are guilty in the court of public perception and that is not going away any time soon.

I do think our team will be ready and this will be an astronomically huge chip on their shoulder and for that I am very glad cause all the 53 and coaches and PS players do not deserve to be painted with the same brush...

Great post and I agree, this ridiculous controversy will only serve to piss off the team even more. Imagine the 2007 FU Roadshow on a Super Bowl scale.

The Seahawks are walking into a buzz saw.

That's all I have to say to the sore losers.

Depend on the ruling. If NFL decides pats at fault, then league will make sure Seattle wins the SB. Everyone, including the referees, will root for Seattle. We have no chance. Even worse, Pats will be called cheaters forever. For pats, the ruling is bigger than the SB.

Deflate Gate is dumb. I can't wait until we end and everyone cries

So the betting line started at Seahawks -2.5. After this controversy, it's at Pats -2.

Sounds like Vegas is hoping people bet Seahawks big.

There's no way that the noise advantage will be with Seattle as much as it is in their own stadium, but I agree there will be more people rooting against us.

It's Patriots vs the World, and come Super Bowl Sunday, Patriots fans all over the World will be fired up in a sense of unity and togetherness against all the haters. We'll drink beer, eat party food and have a fun night no matter what. They can't hold us down!

Depend on the ruling. If NFL decides pats at fault, then league will make sure Seattle wins the SB. Everyone, including the referees, will root for Seattle. We have no chance. Even worse, Pats will be called cheaters forever. For pats, the ruling is bigger than the SB.
An attempt at sarcasm....I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents