PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WSJ.com - Pats O on verge of breaking another record - most plays from scrimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 and 2011 were both basically within one play of winning it. 2001 Lost it on the two minute drive by Brady. These things happen.

"I agree 100% with that sentiment: "These things happen," which is a nice variant of "It is what it is." But, in all seriousness, your comment captures in three words why winning the SB is such a big ******* deal and why winning three in four years and going to five in 11 years is almost unbelievable.

Not only do a team's Skills on the field have to align, but so do its Stars in the heavens. I used to think that the only "gods" who controlled fate in a sport were the "Golf Gods," but now I'm pretty much also a believer in the "NFL Force." Just ask the Titans ("a reach away") or the Bills ("Wide Right") or any team that lost close CCG's and narrowly missed out on a chance even to get to the big game.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
God. We sound like a bunch of Brees/P.Manning/Marino fans, discovering new "records" we broke or a bunch of Bills fans talking about the "record" of going to four straight SB's.

Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely happy about, and, as a fan, proud of all the other accomplishments, but the only remaining record that matters is the one that would say: "SB XLVII Champion: Four Lombardi's for Belichick and Brady." That's the only unset record about which people will still be talking 25 years from now.

You got it wrong: none of us are trying to be like the other QB fans that you deride.

Only intention of posting the link was to share some fascinating insights - which were actually published in last Friday's print edition of the WSJ, not just their website - into how our O is so impressive and how it turn is influencing the NFL.

I agree, SB is the ultimate goal.

But to point out the obvious: steps to the SB
(1) enter the playoffs,
(2) reach the SB, and
(3) win the 19th game. Period.

Given our performance this decade, I am stunned to see how BB had the foresight to see how the the tide was turning and change the Pats from a mauling defense oriented team in 2001 to an attacking offense oriented team that the rest of the NFL is trying to catch up.

More importantly, BB has managed to place the team in a strong path to the SB every friggin year in the last 10+ years.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks - big time! :mad:- that such a well laid path and execution did not allow the team to gain the ultimate goal for a myriad of reasons including: distraction thanks the spygate smear on the eve of the big game or unbelievable last desperate throw by an opposing qb as he is going down or equally unbelievable lucky helmet catch by the opposing WR or refs not giving the 4th and 2nd catch that Faulk did catch in the AFC finals or the fact that our record setting TE was hobbled in the last SB.

But considering that you can win the SB only when you are in it, I am astonished when I realize how no other team in the past decade has come close to the SB this many times as our beloved Pats.

As a result, when I came over such an revealing article with quotes not seen anywhere, I couldn't help but want to post it for the rest of the fans to read.

To repeat - only intention of posting that link on our group is to share - not gloat over - the insights and thought process of the most important group in the team that is now a perennial contender. :)

---

Irrespective of the long winding post above, I fully agree with your second point - another SB would cement our legacy and bring so much joy to us lucky fans.

And may I add: consecrate BB and Brady as the best in NFL. :)

GO PATS!!

Oh we gloomy gusses killed the thread. It needs some OTGrid :)

Or cowbell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST