PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, that was petty of the league to suspend him for a glass of champagne. However, now after TWO suspensions, his back's against the wall. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that a third violation could result in a lifetime ban. I wouldn't want to see that happen, especially if he were a Patriot. That's why I'm against taking a chance on him, despite his phenomenal talent. Jmo...

Its not just the timing at the end of the season, the actual acts of what he has been done on have been somewhat dodgy as PSI readings from the wrong guage.

I believe that Gordon must be the unluckiest athlete ever to have been caught out in the way he has been with what has been used to ban him. What was the readings.. 0.01 or was it 0.1 and it was secondary.. one reading under the other reading over.

Dude needs to catch a break as far as I'm concerned since he entered the NFL

He had a drink at a wedding.
People who dont even drink have one at a wedding

yeah, that's the nutty thing about all this.
I don't even follow all these stories, so I have no idea about the details, but it seems he's basically blackballed from the league over a couple drinks + maybe smoking some weed.
I have no idea if there are any dui involved, but how is greg hardy still in the league + this guy gets 'nabbed' for having a drink?

Josh Gordon is not just a deep threat. He can run the full route tree. If the cost is only a mid to low round pick, I would be for it.

Josh Gordon is not just a deep threat. He can run the full route tree. If the cost is only a mid to low round pick, I would be for it.

oh yeah, I think he actually did a lot of that damage running slants when norv was there

It's just some random guy's thoughts on Josh Gordon's tweets.

oh yeah, of course --- I wasn't presenting that as anything other, but I don't follow gordon on twitter

He had a drink at a wedding.
People who dont even drink have one at a wedding

Remember,

Player who did bad thing while on another team = Satan's minion, but player who did bad thing while on the Patriots = Just a great guy who made a mistake.

Chandler Jones = Needs to be kept, despite having to be taken to the hospital for drugs, but Gordon shouldn't be a Patriot because idiotic league policy considers alcohol in the system to be a failed drug test.

I don't see how they couldn't re-instate a guy who simply smoked some weed, then had a drink of alcohol on a flight after his regular season ended, while most recently, guys like Hardy and Rice have been re-instated.

roger-goodell1.jpg

This thread is making me want Josh Gordon even more. The bummer is that it is probably a long shot. Damn thread, getting my hopes up.

Everyone in the Pats-Gordon equation wants to tell the league to GFY.

The guy has behavioral issues (only reason he'd fall to the Pats with his skill), this is a good thing at this juncture.

Browns may be concerned they will look as dumb as other teams have in giving players to NE for pennies on the dollar, only to watch them flourish (negative).

As far as other contender teams, I can really only see Baltimore going that hard after him.

I'm thinking book this.

He is an electric talent - No question. Wherever he ends up, Browns or elsewhere, he is on thin disciplinary ice. If he tests positive again, he'll be out of the league which is such a waste of talent. I can't believe this is about weed.:rolleyes:

Everyone in the Pats-Gordon equation wants to tell the league to GFY.

The guy has behavioral issues (only reason he'd fall to the Pats with his skill), this is a good thing at this juncture.

Browns may be concerned they will look as dumb as other teams have in giving players to NE for pennies on the dollar, only to watch them flourish (negative).

As far as other contender teams, I can really only see Baltimore going that hard after him.

I'm thinking book this.
I have a feeling Green Bay and Detroit who is losing Megatron could also join the bidding.
Also Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents