PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow...I dont know what to say...(ugly thread on Bills board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wow...I dont know what to say..

Big difference between hoping a guy breaks his leg and saying a player should try to break his leg.

They're both ridiculous and uncalled for.

They're both ridiculous and uncalled for.

Oh, please. Saying, "I hope so-and-so breaks his leg" is a common expression of anger or dislike, it generally means nothing, and I guarantee that every single person on this board has uttered those words (or something akin to it) about someone else in their lives.

Actually calling for someone to break someone else's leg is a sign of a nutjob.

Like I said, big difference.

Re: Wow...I dont know what to say..(ugly thread on Bills board)

Actually.. "To break a leg" is considered a good luck thing to say... at least in the theatre world....

HOwever I do not think it was meant that way on these forums. I do not believe that anyone here would seriously wish bodily harm on any player.. It makes it less of a challenge which makes it less fun...

I just hate it as it is painful to people when the are hurt (I know. a real "duh" moment):eek:

Oh, please. Saying, "I hope so-and-so breaks his leg" is a common expression of anger or dislike, it generally means nothing, and I guarantee that every single person on this board has uttered those words (or something akin to it) about someone else in their lives.

Actually calling for someone to break someone else's leg is a sign of a nutjob.

Like I said, big difference.

I have never wished a broken leg upon anyone over a sporting event, and neither has anyone that I've ever spoken to. Then again, I don't tend to associate with psychotics. There's a world of difference between the theatre line of "break a leg!" and actually hoping someone breaks a leg.

I have never wished a broken leg upon anyone over a sporting event, and neither has anyone that I've ever spoken to.

First off, I never said "over a sporting event." I said "in their lives." Everyone has wished some type of bodily harm on someone else, even though they probably didn't mean it. "I hope he gets his ass kicked." "I hope he gets hit by a bus." "I hope he gets crushed by a falling piece of the Mir Space Station." Whatever. I just try to put a fun twist on it when I do it. :D

Secondly, saying that no one you've ever spoken to has said such a thing is just silly, and I bet I don't have to tell you why.

We have a poster on this board, with thousands of posts, who, last year, started a thread wishing injury on Vinatieri. Not only did he wish injury on him, but in his thread title, actively sought out others to agree with him.

To Patsfans credit, this guy received a lot less agreement than the Buffalo fella.

We have a poster on this board, with thousands of posts, who, last year, started a thread wishing injury on Vinatieri. Not only did he wish injury on him but, in his thread title, actively sought out others to agree with him.

To Patsfans credit, that guy received a lot less agreement than the Buffalo fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News