PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you take the 2007/08 Moss back for a year?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be Excited or Angry if the Patriots gave Randy Moss a contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCPatriot

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I know there was already a similar thread to this but that was asking a price, and I want to get people's opinion on this. I went back and saw the first 2 games with Moss and he did not look in the groove at all. Now I know, even after all Moss did for this organization, people turned against him because of his attitude, which is neither here nor there. People here are saying he is washed up and can't do this, and can't do that. Does anybody feel like this is Oakland all over again?

The guy is 34, he's younger than T.O., more versatile, smarter, and well face it, better. lol

Let's just say, HYPOTHETICALLY he would play somewhere near his 2007/08 form, would you sign him to a 1 year contract? Being a model citizen, mimicking his first and second year in NE. Lets just SAY, REGARDLESS of how hard that is for you to believe.

I am just pointing out, this guy is and has always been the person to prove people wrong, for whatever reason, that seems to be the thing that motivates him the most. Imagine if he came back, mentored the WR's, did his job, did not complain and had a GREAT year back in NE. That is a lot of what if's but it could happen.

Sign him in FA to a 1 year contract, let him compete against the everybody else for a roster spot, if he makes it, anything goes wrong, release or trade him by week 6. I'm sure a lot of you know, especially after watching that Vikings game but it absolutely KILLED Moss after he left. I am sure he would LOVE to come back to NE AND accept a lesser role to win, actually I am not just sure, it's almost fact.

I am hoping for great things next year but I am NOT expecting to go 14-2. RIGHT NOW I just want to get into the playoffs, me personally I don't care about what the final record is, as long as we reach the playoffs/win superbowl.

So if it were as simple as yes or no, this or that, here is the question.

Would you be excited or angry if the Patriots signed Randy Moss to a 1 year deal. Terms from above apply, no roster spot guarantee.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Despite what many think, Randy's a great team mate and leader when his heart is into it. He's charismatic.

Fitzgerald, though, is charismatic in the quieter sense. He uses his body very smartly to give himself leverage, and is younger.

Tough.

You missed the third option. Annoyed. Another waste of bandwidth Moss poll...about a player we couldn't win with in 08 when it mattered who isn't that hypothetical player any longer anyway...

I'd rather have the extra pick in the 3rd round --- the one we already have.

its time to move from this... move forward not back

The question in the topic title doesn't match the question in the poll

2007 Moss hell yeah. Who wouldn't. Now probably not, his legs look like they've gone

32 teams in the league would welcome 2007-8 Moss.

However, it seems very unlikely that any will get him.

I'd like to take back the 1996 Curtis Martin. Hell, why not Babe Parilli for that matter. Bottom line, it isnt going to happen. So how about, NO MORE MOSS THREADS? pleeeeeeese :D

p.s. I voted no to Moss

Sure! Where can we find him?

As for 2010 Moss, meh.

Can I sign the 2007 Randy Moss and then trade him for a 1976 John Hannah and a 1985 Andre Tippett?

Can I sign the 2007 Randy Moss and then trade him for a 1976 John Hannah and a 1985 Andre Tippett?

Ya think we can get Joe Montana as well? He was a 82nd pick in round three, so its possible.

And while we are at it - Can we move up in the '85 draft and get Jerry Rice? I think he'd be a good pickup.

The question in the topic title doesn't match the question in the poll

2007 Moss hell yeah. Who wouldn't. Now probably not, his legs look like they've gone

lol. yea I just realized that. I am pretty sure I am the second or third person to do this within a 3 day span. Somethings got to be in the water around here.

Anyway, just go with the poll question.

Yeah :D

....find a DeLorean and Doc and we'll get him back in no time.

Last edited:
At the veteran minimum and assuming he falls in line. Absolutely.

Everyone though T.O was done after his season in Buffalo. it will take more than one bad season for me to count out arguably the most talented WR to ever play the game.

Last edited:
The premise seems to be that he was not motivated last year, and that this year he will dominate to prove all of the doubters wrong.

Here's the problem with this logic....as a soon-to-be free agent, how would that have not motivated him last year? I am one of the biggest Moss supporters, and I would be ecstatic if he came back. The problem, however, is that I think his poor performance had more to do with his inability to create separation from defenders. We know he can catch the ball, he just doesn't have the separation to allow him to make those catches anymore.

Moss may have been a great team mate but he sure f'd over the owner when he acted like a buffoon at the dinner for all the teams' sponsors. Went and stood in the corner like little black sambo. He's a turd.

Ya think we can get Joe Montana as well? He was a 82nd pick in round three, so its possible.

And while we are at it - Can we move up in the '85 draft and get Jerry Rice? I think he'd be a good pickup.

Firstly, we have better than Montana.

Secondly, if we had Jerry Rice, it would be unfair. Brady would throw for 60 touchdowns a year!

Moss may have been a great team mate but he sure f'd over the owner when he acted like a buffoon at the dinner for all the teams' sponsors. Went and stood in the corner like little black sambo. He's a turd.

Some of you would be third stringers here even if it weren't tied to posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back