PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woody Johnson Clear Cut Tampered Re: Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW has the league spoken anything about this violation? I don't know if I missed it. It was a direct violation of the NFL tampering rules there is zero doubt about that.

Quote where I ever said it was ok for the Jets to do wrong, all I said was we didn't need ten threads at 40 pages each about them, I never said they should break rules and get away with it, stop ****ing lying.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Last edited:
First off, troll, you have no right or privilege here to "Dislike" ANYONE'S posting on THIS board.

I am PM'ing Ian now to have that right taken away from you.

If you do that again, you will be banned immediately.

This is NOT your living room, get your damn feet off our couch.

Ouch. Lol.

Listen to the audio of it once it is posted on EEI's site. BB was very direct in stating that this is definitely something the league should look into. BB despises Woody Johnson.

Thank you. I saw a thread about the BB interview here and I'll check it out

Florio was back on it again today saying the league has to investigate regardless of whether the Pats file a complaint..He cited BB's comment on the radio yesterday as being spot on and worthy of an investigation of the Jets.
I won't post the link but in this case regarding Florio, to use the famous words of LBJ in reference to the FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, " I'd rather have him on the inside of the tent p*ssing out, than on the outside p*ssing in."
In an ideal world, Goodell continues his history of overreacting (e.g. Pats 2007, Bountygate) and slaps the Jets by making them swap 3rd rounders with the Pats..like that is going to happen. The Pats have suffered tangible damage as it affects the teams bargaining position re renegotiating w Revis. If it was a guy in year 2 of a 4 year contract, it would be a different scenario...

Honestly I am not going to pretend to be an expert of tampering rules, I enjoy law but NFL law? Yawn material IMO.

I just agree with the guy because you all seem to be focused on a simple comment by a 4-12 team only because it is the Jets, if we want Revis we get him, Brady just allowed that, simple and plain.

I am talking textbook tampering as in if this allows Revis to have a bad game and end our season it is not tampering, it is Revis having a bad game.Please don't fight with me guys I just don't care what Jets org says after firing a GM and coach, if anything I am fine with them saying they want our guys, anyone at 4-12 would want 12-4 guys.

But I never agreed with the constant hate for NYJ here, to me that rivalry is a joke compared to Lakers and Yankees in my 25-26 years of Boston sports. TL;DR : Who cares what Woody Johnson said in a press conference?

I don't hate the Jets either, but I care because it's an NFL team that did it, and it is clearly a violation by an owner who was warned about the exact thing less than a year ago.

If we're going to get spanked so hard for filming coaches signals from the wrong place, then any NFL team should face penalties under these circumstances. The fact that the offending team is the one who went crying to their ex-employee turned Commish during Crygate just ramps it up a bit, or should.

I dont think he ignored him, I think he just said what he feels and doesn't have the mental horsepower to catch himself before it came out of his mouth.

Or he knows the Commish is a former Jet and won't do a thing about it. Does anybody know where Goody is hiding?

At what point if you are in Mr. Kraft's position, do you say, " This is BS." we broke the rules and got penalized (fines/loss of draft pick/public censure) back in 2007 but the Jets also broke the rules repeatedly and they aren't penalized????
If he is as powerful an owner as we are led to believe, then this is one of those times when you call a few of your colleagues and line them up in support and call the Commish and remind him that he has 32 bosses, not just his former employee and you expect an investigation and punishment when he concludes they broke the rules...As a Pats fan, I like having a buffoon of an owner for the Jets but the other owners can't be happy that one of the teams in the biggest market of all is a clust*%$& of an organization...It impacts the value of all the teams negatively in the aggregate...

We screwed up, get over it dude, you get arrested and tell a judge but but but he did it and see how that works.

You are making the Jets fan look good, they haven't been anything in 4 years and we are mad at them but first seed? We broke the rules, end of discussion bro.

That's fine if you want to play the "we broke the rules" game, but the rules didn't change. The former Jets employee turned Commish decided to make it some sort of violation in 2007. Somehow, the Jets fans see that as a violation that led to "tainted" SB wins 5 years earlier. Not only do they suck at football, they suck at math too.

And while we're on the subject of Crygate, how the heck is it called spying when the man was in full view in Pats gear? The closer I look at Crygate, the more it looks like a setup between the Jets and Goody.

What did any of that have to do with my post you quoted?
You're implying that it is silly to to despise the Jets because they are in last place. I just gave you a quick summary that explains why so many Pats fans hate the Jets. The inability to understand, if not agree with, such a logical and reasonable perspective is indicative of serious mental and social inflexibility.

Last edited:
The real question is who the Patriots take with the jets first rounder?

What is it, #6?
This is starting to sound like the 'Cleveland will give us the 6th overall pick for R Mallet' thread a couple of years ago. Goodell is Not going to give the pats the rats first pick. I doubt goodell gives the pats Anything, he'll fine the rodents or they'll lose a mid round draft pick

Last edited:
Kraft better not let this one slide.
Be prepared to be upset, then. Someone before said Kraft has been a "why can't we all just get along?", guy. I agree with that. His inaction after Spygate shows that to be the case on top of his unwavering support of Goodell after the Rice fiasco. It's definitely a weird behavior for a businessman who got to the position that he's in by not being a "why can't we all just get along?", guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/16/patriots-tripping-wall-jets_n_809722.html

"Sal Alosi, the New York Jets strength and conditioning coach, tripped a Miami Dolphins player after ordering his players to form tripping wall in Week 14. When the NFL met with the team as part of its investigation, special teams coach Mike Westhoff claimed that other teams, including the New England Patriots, do similar sideline wall tactics.

You were saying?
When in doubt blame it on the pats, and it worked. The jest should have been punished, but nothing happened. The same year as spygate a jest employee was caught filming from a forbotten location in Gillette. He said he had authorazation whcih the pats denied giving him. Goodell did nothing. Thats all one needs to know about goodell. He has no integrity

Last edited:
In an ideal world, Goodell continues his history of overreacting (e.g. Pats 2007, Bountygate)

Bountygate was pretty serious, IMO. Teams cannot compensate players outside of agreed-upon contractual commitments. That is circumventing the salary cap.

Spygate- I agree. Pats disregarded Emperor Goody's mandate and deserved to be fined. The severity was completely ridiculous.

If it was a guy in year 2 of a 4 year contract, it would be a different scenario...

Doesn't matter. A player under contract is a player under contract.

Doesn't matter. A player under contract is a player under contract.
True but it has more of an immediate impact if the contract is being extended/renegotiated at present versus future. They are both wrong, just one is more egregious..

This is a big issue and if Revis signs with the Jets, is an even bigger issue. This is clear cut tampering and makes the Pats ability to negotiate a contract with Revis much more difficult. this is why owners put these rules into place. It is a huge error on Johnsons's part that goes to the heart of free agency. If Revis signs with the Jets, this is a first round pick type of issue.

Be prepared to be upset, then. Someone before said Kraft has been a "why can't we all just get along?", guy. I agree with that. His inaction after Spygate shows that to be the case on top of his unwavering support of Goodell after the Rice fiasco. It's definitely a weird behavior for a businessman who got to the position that he's in by not being a "why can't we all just get along?", guy.

I think the behavior makes perfect sense. Kraft has much bigger fish to fry that the potential of swapping 5th round picks with the jets next year. He worries much more about the CBA, expansion abroad, etc. For that he needs owner consensus and votes so I doubt very much that he is going to make a big stink about. Which is why I also think you hear Belichick and certain people in the media bringing it up in back channels as something that Goodell should look into on his own. Its not something that he is going to the mattresses over directly but would want the league to address.

Last edited:
TamperGate (or TG as it shall be known) was mentioned on Mike & Mike Show. They think it will probably be a fine by the NFL.

If there is no swap of draft picks many Pat fans will be truly PO.....

I don't believe a swap of first round spots is going to happen, nor should it, but a swap of third round picks and Jets losing a later round pick along with a fine ala BB/Kraft's punishment would be appropriate.

Is that going to happen.....Not with Jetdell holding office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents