PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woody....Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Taylor being gone and possibly Faulk also.....I also don't see a need for a RB on Day One of the draft......Possibly still get a solid pick in round 3 or 4 ......

Woody is shiftier than Faulk and has good YAC just like Kevin....I'd say if he is still in shape and wants to play..BB finds a spot for him....rotate him with Woody...Nothing like having a duo like that with no decline in production going to the backup....

Faulk was playing at a very high level when he got hurt and was one of the most valuable players on the team. He does so many things so well: receiver, blitz pick-up, goal line rusher, safe punt and KO returns, incredibly heady player who has been enormously effective despite lack of size and speed.

Woody has been an amazing story. He has been most effective as a rusher, but he can catch and block, as well. With experience and effort, he may well develop the broad skill set that Faulk possesses.

Faulk, like Bruschi and Troy Brown, is forever a Patriot and only a Patriot. I do not doubt the well-earned respect BB has for this player. Faulk is rehabbing as though he is preparing to play. If he is so inclined, he will be given a opportunity to compete, and let the chips fall where they may. I would not bet against him.

On defense, each of 11 players is of approximately equal importance. But on offense, that's not so true. The QB is clearly more important than the others. But I'd argue that the RB is more important than the others as well.

Thus, a part-time RB slot may be just as important as a full-time starter at, say, OG.

Thus, the Faulk/Woodhead position really has a claim on a backup, especially if the guys are useful on STs, as both Woodhead and Faulk in different ways are.

Also, having a backup for Woodhead increases the possibility of using Woodhead as backup feature back. Now, I'm not sure he can do well in the role -- Faulk didn't, particularly. But maybe he has the power to indeed take over BJGE's plays if BJGE (and perhaps a backup) go down.

I just don't see how Morris can earn a roster spot over Faulk at this stage of his career, so even if you think we need 2 feature back types and also think there are roster slots for just 4 RBs, I think Faulk comes back if he wants to.

See i'm not so sure about the draft Pick thing... i think the RB's will be BJGE, Woodhead, Faulk and rb/fb morris.

I honestly don't really see any need for a change.

I don't know...a 4-RB lineup that includes 2 "change of pace" backs and 2 guys in their mid-30's sounds pretty dicey to me. I'd be looking for a versatile RB/FB type in FA, and a mid-round draft prospect as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes