PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Winners / Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he has 4 catches since that point.

Right, but you're laying that off on him:

he hasn't shown the ability to be a pass-catching threat

You can't catch the ball if it's not thrown to you. In the one season he was called upon to receive the ball to any real degree, he had 22 catches.

Last edited:
I missed the game and can't comment on how people performed. But I'm somewhere in-between the two Sanders camps based on past performance. I think Sanders is a valuable role player who makes a terrific 3rd safety in a 3 man rotation, which entirely warrants BBs confidence in him and willingness to resign him to a 3 year contract. But I also think that he will never be more than an adequate starting safety, and that there is plenty of room for someone like Chung to upgrade the starting position. Sanders is a fine asset, but he will never replace Rodney. Not sure anyone will, but I'm hoping. Meriweather seems to be progressing nicely, so if Chung steps up then we will have a fabulous safety rotation with Sanders and McGowan being strong backups.
Fair enough. I agree.
DW Toys

Yes he did. He only logged one tackle (for a loss), but in the limitted time he was in, the offense paid attention to him, and he did his job well.

Good post.
DW Toys

Right, but you're laying that off on him:

You can't catch the ball if it's not thrown to you. In the one season he was called upon to receive the ball to any real degree, he had 22 catches.

Fair enough. But I think I can count on my hands the # of times he's been used as a pass catching threat since his rookie year - if he was capable of it, I assume he would be used more in that regard. So I am laying it on him, for not earning the right to be in that position - as I trust the coaching staff. Granted, as I said, he does have one of the best pass catching RBs I've ever seen in front of him.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But I think I can count on my hands the # of times he's been used as a pass catching threat since his rookie year - if he was capable of it, I assume he would be used more in that regard. So I am laying it on him, for not earning the right to be in that position - as I trust the coaching staff. Granted, as I said, he does have one of the best pass catching RBs I've ever seen in front of him.

The issue is not his pass-catching skills, it's been his blitz pickup, something I've heard said is vastly improved this TC. If that's the case, then he may get used in pass plays more often and end up with maybe 16 catches this year, as he spells Faulk in that role. You might as well lay off him for another couple of weeks and see if he gets a chance to play and peform in that package.

Sorry, DW... Sanders has enough talent for the Pats to give him starter money ($3 million a year for 3 years). You just don't understand that he's lining up at Free Safety and is the last line of defense.

BTW, DW, you are hardly one to be calling someone else a fool for their posts. Especially with all the inaccuracies you have posted over the years.. Particularly about Sanders..

OH YEAH!......So there! Well I guess you would be wrong then. Seems to me if anything I have some accuracy right about now and you and your good buddy Jack have to rank on other people to feel good about yourself. Knock yourself out.
I took a stand quite some time ago about this kid from the Indy Championship game. At least I am consistent. Drafting a Safety (What?...you say taking Merriweather's place?) and picking up another along the way shouldn't make #36 comfortable as a starter for all 2009. What are you complaining about? I agree with you. He is a good role player.
I got on the other child because he was taking swipes at a poster who wasn't bad, and saying he was better than everyone else. I don't like bullies. Bruinz..You should really be P.O.ed. He says he is better than you too. Must be a mistake. I really think you two guys are the same. Is that legal on this site?
I admit he is better than me though. I can tell.
As soon as you two realize this is for fun and enjoyment and to consider everyone else s opinion even if you do not agree you will feel better and not have to spew venom.
DW Toys
p.s. Jack/debruinz Cousin or Cousins.... BB is paying Jarvis Green $5m to be a backup too (starter money?).

Last edited:
Perhaps you should go back and read again more thoroughly, as I never claimed to be better than anyone else.

However, if someone posts something that is, in my opinion, idiotic, I'll be sure to let them know.

Perhaps you should go back and read again more thoroughly, as I never claimed to be better than anyone else.

However, if someone posts something that is, in my opinion, idiotic, I'll be sure to let them know.

Yep..,.ya did! "Luckily no one of importance cares what you think" Let's assume you think you are pretty hot stuff. Knock yourself out!
Your quote "in my opinion" scares the hell out of me too. Why can't anyone else have an opinion or are we Jack Bauer rules?
DW Toys

Last edited:
Grecian Formula, Hair dye # 256 - Who are you kidding Randy Cross? You were completely gray last year. Could you at least get a hair dye color that looked like natural hair color. I swear I saw his dye dripping during the game.

Haha. I noticed this too...

Yep..,.ya did! "Luckily no one of importance cares what you think" Let's assume you think you are pretty hot stuff. Knock yourself out!
Your quote "in my opinion" scares the hell out of me too.
DW Toys

Well it's good to know you have little-to-no grasp of the English language.

Well it's good to know you have little-to-no grasp of the English language.
You win Jack. Happy?
You must have been the star of the "I got you last" game in grade school! Cool!
DW Toys

You win Jack. Happy?
You must have been the star of the "I got you last" game in grade school! Cool!
DW Toys

I don't really care.

With you, it's always the same song and dance. You say something wildly inaccurate or flat-out false, I correct you, and then you just give up with some sarcastic and childish remarks.

It gets old... fast.

The issue is not his pass-catching skills, it's been his blitz pickup, something I've heard said is vastly improved this TC. If that's the case, then he may get used in pass plays more often and end up with maybe 16 catches this year, as he spells Faulk in that role. You might as well lay off him for another couple of weeks and see if he gets a chance to play and peform in that package.

Again, there's nothing to lay off of, I've been a Maroney backer since the getgo. Merely pointing out that with improved versatility will come improved production.

I don't really care.

With you, it's always the same song and dance. You say something wildly inaccurate or flat-out false, I correct you, and then you just give up with some sarcastic and childish remarks.

It gets old... fast.
Thank you for correcting me Sensei. Sarcastic? You have an "S" on your wife beater tee-shirt (What do you bet it is an "extra petite"!). No sir.... you say false or inaccurate so that is, as you say "your opinion".
It is not just me. I could care less. I can read you like a book. You are a pseudo intellectual and a bore. You disrespect everyone who differs from you.........You got me last by the way!
DW Toys

Last edited:
You were responding to a post about Maroney, so you didn't need to directly mention him. Thats how conversation works. . Whats laughable is that every time Morris gets stuffed, its not his fault.

I didn't say Brady was like Walter, I said Brady makes some movements about a half second before every snap, and he does. He lifts his right foot and stomps it. Cassel does the same thing.

If you're going through life like this, I feel sorry for you.

Basically, if anyone compliments or makes an excuse for another Patriot, it could potentially be a direct insult to one of your binkies, according to you.

I'm a Maroney fan.

You need to grow up.

Sarcastic? You have an "S" on your wife beater tee-shirt. No sir.... you say false or inaccurate so that is, as you say "your opinion". It is not just me. I could care less. I can read you like a book. You are a pseudo intellectual and a bore. You disrespect everyone who differs from you.........You got me last by the way!
DW Toys

I may be a "pseudo intellectual" and a "bore," but at least I can comprehend basic English and actually, you know, back up my points with something other than my opinion.

And no, I don't disrespect everyone who disagrees with me. Just the people who keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over. Like you.

Remember that time you rated Sanders an "F-"? That's about as false and inaccurate as it comes...fact.

Last edited:
I may be a "pseudo intellectual" and a "bore," but at least I can comprehend basic English and actually, you know, back up my points with something other than my opinion.

And no, I don't disrespect everyone who disagrees with me. Just the people who keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over. Like you.

Remember that time you rated Sanders an "F-"?
Back up your points? What? Mr Opinion O.K. You win. How about a C-
DW Toys
Stop. No more. I am boring myself!

Last edited:
I don't even know why you bother arguing at all, because you end up conceding every single time.

This is definitely the Winners/Losers thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST