PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest rips Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or better yet he could just take his 9 million and start getting better with his teammates. But maybe he thinks he actually won the last two SBs and believes whatever he's doing is good enough.
Do you think what he is doing isnt good enough?
Do you think producing the 19th highest receiving yards in a season in NFL history (coming 1 yard short of tying Jerry Rices 2nd best season of his career) should leave him thinking he sucked?

Wow, this thread has brought some new and unique perspective, truly invaluable insight.....while Belichick's hanging out on the Vineyard this weekend maybe he can peruse some of the wisdom offered here and do the only smart thing which is to pull the franchise tag and hope Wes goes to the Jets or Buffalo. A guy with his upcoming deficiencies would obviously be more valuable playing against us than for us.

Snark aside, I think the deal gets done when it gets done........there's plenty of time. Nothing I've heard or seen indicates anything outside the normal approach of our front office.

why should mcginest be the last guy?

mcginest never missed a day due to contracts......maybe welker should have taken the 2 years at 8M/per and countered with a player option 3rd year if certain numbers are met in year 2.

Willie missed a lot of days although never due to contracts until he got to the end of the road and still wanted to be overpaid as he was throughout his career, particularly in the pre Belichick portion of it.

How do you know Welker's side didn't counter, his agent David Dunn has a solid history of dealing with this organization and being a reasonable negotiator. Negotiations broke down last fall and the team never made another offer, instead opting to give a top of the market deal to Jerod Belichick...I mean Mayo 18 months early... Welker hasn't heard from the team since they placed the tag on him. If they really want him present for OTA's perhaps they should re-establish contact... Because for now he's not under contract and if that's alright with them it shouldn't be an issue for fans or former players turned mediot unless they're just irrational windbags.

Re: Willie McGinest: Sign the contract Wes

So you're saying 9 million isn't enough for him to live comfortably for the rest of his life?

Not only is that not relevant whatsoever, it's also not what I said at all. In the end, Welker wants to know that he has a long term future with the team. Thats why he's holding out. And I support him.

Re: Willie McGinest: Sign the contract Wes

Oh, the irony, the only one inciting flames and trolling here is you. Time to grow up DaBruinz.

No. YOU are the one trolling. Not myself. But you wouldn't understand that if some hit you with a 2x4 to prove it.

You are the last person to be telling anyone to grow up. Especially with the ridiculousness of your posts..

why should mcginest be the last guy?

mcginest never missed a day due to contracts......maybe welker should have taken the 2 years at 8M/per and countered with a player option 3rd year if certain numbers are met in year 2.

Could you please provide actual proof that Welker was offered a 2 year @ 8mil per year? All I have heard is pure speculation. Not to mention that Welker, himself, has said that he's not heard from the Pats since they are in Draft mode, but he's not worried about it either.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but the pats did things with mayo and now with welker because that's how they wanted to do things.

It doesn't matter what Welker does......slot WR's are only worth so much. Welker's got alot of miles and alot of contact built up on his body......the pats simply don't want to be on the hook for 7-8M after he breaks down

Willie missed a lot of days although never due to contracts until he got to the end of the road and still wanted to be overpaid as he was throughout his career, particularly in the pre Belichick portion of it.

How do you know Welker's side didn't counter, his agent David Dunn has a solid history of dealing with this organization and being a reasonable negotiator. Negotiations broke down last fall and the team never made another offer, instead opting to give a top of the market deal to Jerod Belichick...I mean Mayo 18 months early... Welker hasn't heard from the team since they placed the tag on him. If they really want him present for OTA's perhaps they should re-establish contact... Because for now he's not under contract and if that's alright with them it shouldn't be an issue for fans or former players turned mediot unless they're just irrational windbags.

Could you please provide actual proof that Welker was offered a 2 year @ 8mil per year? All I have heard is pure speculation. Not to mention that Welker, himself, has said that he's not heard from the Pats since they are in Draft mode, but he's not worried about it either.

it was in the globe......look it up yourself

Welker himself confirmed last week that 2/$16M was indeed the only offer the team made. He hasn't heard from them since they informed him they were tagging him. Reportedly most if not all of the $16M was guaranteed. That said, he'd get that much or more in signing bonus on a 3-4 year deal from a lot of teams and I'm sure he believes that if he's playing here in a system he knows inside out with a QB he shares a brain with his chances of seeing year 3 and 4 of a deal are better than if he has to start over with god knows who at QB and no guarantee the coaching staff or FO won't change hands before he sniffs those out years. He just doesn't understand why THIS team apparently doesn't see it that way... And for the most part fans are befuddled by that attitude too...

Welker himself confirmed last week that 2/$16M was indeed the only offer the team made. He hasn't heard from them since they informed him they were tagging him. Reportedly most if not all of the $16M was guaranteed. That said, he'd get that much or more in signing bonus on a 3-4 year deal from a lot of teams and I'm sure he believes that if he's playing here in a system he knows inside out with a QB he shares a brain with his chances of seeing year 3 and 4 of a deal are better than if he has to start over with god knows who at QB and no guarantee the coaching staff or FO won't change hands before he sniffs those out years. He just doesn't understand why THIS team apparently doesn't see it that way... And for the most part fans are befuddled by that attitude too...

not for the most part.

slot WR's aren't worth that much

Last edited:
Willie McGinest rips Wes Welker
By: John Morgan

The first and final 2012 Mock Draft. Mock is a good term for these exercises, considering the percentage of guesses that turn out to be correct. I'll keep this one simple, with no trades - which of course makes it unrealistic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST