PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this be the year we use a first rounder on a lb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny88

Banned
Reaction score
Is this the year? With all the picks we have, seems like we can inject a shot of youth all over this team. Aside from the lb core, and old man harrison, we are young on defense.

I would love to see Jerry Jones give us those two first rounders and Marion the barbarian if our pick can land Mcfadden.

I know thats a lot to give up , but Jones is apparently obsessed with Mcfadden.

Last edited:
we need to stop with the Barber trade. that will never happen imo :\

we need to stop with the Barber trade. that will never happen imo :\

I know, but one can wish right? You dont think if we had say the fourth pick , and Mcfadden was on the board jones ( or someone else) would be foaming at the mouth for the kid?''

With what Petterson is doing this year, I feel like we could get big time value if we worked something out.

This team is so good right now. It would be almost illegal to have a patriots type draft and load up for the future, AGAIN.

Last edited:
Yes. We will use a #1 on a LB this year. It's the perfect storm of desperate need (Bruschi retiring, Seau POSSIBLY retiring) and opportunity (a high #1 and a good LB draft class).

Book it. Finally.

I doubt it. Not in our system. Most linebackers aren't big enough out of college. I can see them drafting a DE to play linebacker but not a college linebacker unless they really like him.

The nay-sayers can be rebutted with the following two words: Logan Mankins.

Last edited:
There's not really a LB worth a top 5 pick. Probably the only way the Pats take one is if they trade down.

I really think we need some youth at lb. Every year it's , there are no good lbs in the draft. How did paul poz do for the bills when he was healthy?

It depends how high the pick is. If it's 5-10 and Laurinaitis declares, I could see picking him or maybe dan connor. If it's top 5...I dunno I don't think that's great value for a top 5 pick, unless it is Laurinaitis. I would almost rather they pick up Kenny Phillips there at SS if JL doesn't come out.

I really think we need some youth at lb. Every year it's , there are no good lbs in the draft. How did paul poz do for the bills when he was healthy?

I think he was leading them in tackles until he went out.

I think he was leading them in tackles until he went out.

He looked really good. I think we have such a young talented line. I feel like some legit speed at the lb position would be huge.

Last edited:

Patrick Willis has been a monster in SF, too.

I think we would take an olb early. An edge pass-rusher. If we thought the right one was available. Just don't see us taking an ilb in the top half of the first round. I've seen a lot of Connor and Laurinitis. Neither is a sure-fire pro. Both will probably make it and be pretty good. But, not difference makers. If I'm in the Top 10, I want a difference maker. Stud lineman, pass-rusher, or great db. D.McFadden would make me reconsider though.

I think we would take an olb early. An edge pass-rusher. If we thought the right one was available. Just don't see us taking an ilb in the top half of the first round. I've seen a lot of Connor and Laurinitis. Neither is a sure-fire pro. Both will probably make it and be pretty good. But, not difference makers. If I'm in the Top 10, I want a difference maker. Stud lineman, pass-rusher, or great db. D.McFadden would make me reconsider though.

Glen Dorsey... hmmmmmm

True... the thing is, you never know what position the front office will draft. Just expect it.

I think our lb core is out only weakness on d. Lets be honest here. They are playing well , but how much better would we be if we had a young stud lb flying around with those vets?

Although the secondary is a question mark after ***ante takes off.

Last edited:
I think Connor would project to an OLB in our system. I just love the way Laurinaitis plays, he's a ball hawk, and he's big enough (6'3 240-plus) to play inside. Plus, his dad was one of the Road Warriors in WWF! How cool is that?!

I think Connor would project to an OLB in our system. I just love the way Laurinaitis plays, he's a ball hawk, and he's big enough (6'3 240-plus) to play inside. Plus, his dad was one of the Road Warriors in WWF! How cool is that?!

He has the size. I think people forget that a kid is going to put on some size as he matures.

I guess I will be obsessed with a lb this year. Then when the pats trade out of the first round or trade down I will have a reason to whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back