PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this be the year we use a first rounder on a lb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Connor would project to an OLB in our system. I just love the way Laurinaitis plays, he's a ball hawk, and he's big enough (6'3 240-plus) to play inside. Plus, his dad was one of the Road Warriors in WWF! How cool is that?!

I think M.Jenkins - CB and V.Gholston - DE are going to be better pros than Laurinaitis. Don't get sucked in by the hype. Dad was a profession wrestler.
Means nothing at the next level. Remember, Andy Katzenmoyer? He had an unfortunate injury. But, he wasn't going to be a great pro.

SF pick projected #5: Trade out for a late #1 and late #2. Then select the best available QB or LB with each of those two picks..

I was on the Willis bandwagon. I dont see why we dont look into the lb class this year.

The Pats didn't have a chance to draft Willis. And there aren't any LBs in the next class that have shown to be his caliber.

Last edited:
I think our lb core is out only weakness on d. Lets be honest here. They are playing well , but how much better would we be if we had a young stud lb flying around with those vets?

Although the secondary is a question mark after ***ante takes off.

I expect BB to trade down in the 1st round and use that traded-down pick to select a secondary player to either replace Rodney Harrison (whom I expect he'd retire if he wins his 3rd ring this year) or Asante Samuel should he leave.

I'd be shocked to see BB pick a LB in the 1st round. I vividly remember reading a Boston Globe article a few years ago (can't find it now) that BB prefers veteran experience at LB, which is why he doesn't draft many of them. My impression is also that BB doesn't have much patience in grooming LBs unlike the other postiions on defense.

SF pick projected #5: Trade out for a late #1 and late #2. Then select the best available QB or LB with each of those two picks..

You can get more than that for the #5 pick.

For instance...the #5 pick is worth 1700 on the draft value chart (picks 16 and 26).

Realistically though, only Dallas I believe has 2 first-round picks, so if they trade down, they could get a late 1 this year, 1 next year, and a 2 or 3, something like that.

Last edited:

Trade out of the 5 spot for a late 1 and a late 2? :bricks:

edit: Just noticed the QB thing so I'm gonna guess this is sarcasm...

Last edited:
with so many needs u want us to waste a pick on a QB? on a QB whos not gonna play for like 5 years? (excluding an injury to u know who)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes