Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All-Star Break
AL East: 1st place (3 games up)

July 30th
AL East: 2nd place (3.5 games back)
Wild Card: 1st place (1.5 games up)

We're 4-8 (.333) and averaging under 4 runs a game since the All-Star break.

Our rotation is shot. Beckett, Lester, then we're screwed. Our #3 is a 42 year old knuckle ball pitcher on the DL, Penny wasn't even expected to still be on the team and John Smoltz is done. Add Dice-K being most likely done for the season and now bashing the team and you have a big problem.

Oh and did I mention, we can't hit and now have MORE blown saves then the Yankees this year now?

Ortiz is a cheater and done, completely useless. $13 million dollars to be hitting .224? WHAT A JOKE. Now that we officially know it was steriods that gave him his numbers we just have to bite the bullet and get RID of this guy. We never want to address the short stop issue it seems, we all saw how nice Green looked in the field a few nights ago.

Yankees win the East and Rangers take the Wild Card. I really wish we would have got Teixeira....

Last edited:
All-Star Break

July 30th

Our rotation is shot. Beckett, Lester, then we're screwed. Our #3 is a 42 year old knuckle ball pitcher on the DL, Penny wasn't even expected to still be on the team and John Smoltz is done. Add Dice-K being most likely done for the season and now bashing the team and you have a big problem.

Oh and did I mention, we can't hit and now have MORE blown saves then the Yankees this year now?

Ortiz is a cheater and done, completely useless. $13 million dollars to be hitting .224? WHAT A JOKE. Now that we officially know it was steriods that gave him his numbers we just have to bite the bullet and get RID of this guy. We never want to address the short stop issue it seems, we all saw how nice Green looked in the field a few nights ago.

Yankees win the East and Rangers take the Wild Card. I really wish we would have got Teixeira....

Just think of where they'd be had they not gone 8-0 vs the Yankees. Somehow I have a feeling it's going to go the other way from here on out vs them.

Really can't argue with anything you said, things are not looking very good right now.................

Guys, relax. They'll make the playoffs for sure. They're too good not to. The Yankees went through a similar rut, a few weeks before the allstar break, and then went off on a tear. Even good teams have bad stretches. It's likely to be Yanks/Sox in the playoffs, barring anything unforseen. TB could still make it mind you, but I think it's going to be the Yanks/Sox in some order. They're both too good not to make it. Granted, I've been out of te country since the middle of July, and only know the scores and standings. Still, talent wins out in the 162 game marathon that is the mlb regular season.

All-Star Break

July 30th

So? Every team has bad slumps. I guarantee there were atleast a couple times in 2007 where we went 4-8.

Lester and Beckett are studs. Our #3 is a 42 year old knuckleballer who has an ERA+ of 108 on the season, much better than league average. We have Bucholz, who is pitching well, and predicts out to a top half of the rotation starter. We've got Penny, who has an ERA+ of 92, slightly below league average. When your 5th starter is slightly below average, you're doing pretty well.

Smoltz, well, hes having some issues, but hes still striking out a ton of guys, and walking almost no one. Hes getting hit though... pretty much pitching exactly the way Lester was the first 6 weeks.

Ortiz is a cheater and done, completely useless. $13 million dollars to be hitting .224? WHAT A JOKE. N

David Ortiz is hitting .275/.352/.575 since June 1st. Yeah, he sucked before that, but how he was playing in May is irrelevant. How hes going to play the rest of the season is whats important.

Since this topic was made the Sox have gone 3-0 while scoring 18 runs as the Yankees went 0-3.

Ortiz then increased his average by 7 points while having 2 HR's and 5 RBIs.

Please continue to post.

Nothing like the power of positive thinking. This is the new Red Sawx, not the old one. Breathe. ;)

Does this mean you won't post anymore?
What pisses me off (roids or no roids) is when fans dump on a player who helped bring us to the promised land. Its kind of funny when they bring the salary into the equation, which has absolutely no bearing on the discussion (there is no salary cap in baseball).
"Ortiz is a cheater", thus, we should dump him? Who would we replace him with under those guidelines?
Not defending Ortiz, just clarifying band wagon fandom.
Oh yea, throw Wake under the bus while your ranting.

Sox will win the wild card. They will be tested by Tampa and Texas but I think they pull it out. I think their rotation needs some serious work though. That's why I don't have them leaping the Yankees for the division.

Sox will win the wild card. They will be tested by Tampa and Texas but I think they pull it out. I think their rotation needs some serious work though. That's why I don't have them leaping the Yankees for the division.

Which part of the Yankees rotation is better?

Had they delt for Halladay i think they would have been my favorite to win the AL East.

With their current rotation.. Im not so sure they have enough to git'er done. They may get the wildcard... but I wouldnt expect them to win it all. Dice-K being a mental midget has really put them behind the eight ball. What the hell is wrong with this guy? He goes out and pitches like an ace for the Japan team, but he cant hit the side of a barn when he is on the mound for us. It makes me furious. :mad:

The Back end. Smoltz, Penny, Buchholz. Need anything more be said?

I'll take the Sox rotaion over the Yankees. You sound like the Yankees's rotation is solid.

The Back end. Smoltz, Penny, Buchholz. Need anything more be said?

And how is the back end of the Yankees rotation?

Pettitte - sucks
Joba - getting shut down
Mitre - sucks a lot

I fail to see this edge the Yankees supposedly have in the rotation.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back