PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Jets be following the Jags game?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Jets be following the Jags game during their game?

• Yes, they will be following it. How hard is it to follow scores on a jumbo tron.

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • No, a few bench players will but the key players will be to into their own game to follow the Jags.

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked option 1 because it's funnier!

Not at the press conference - on the Big Show with WEEI. They asked about moving the time of the game - and he very clearly said that with the Jets and Ravens game being moved he felt that it could be a positive in terms of not scoreboard watching and improving focus on the game at hand.

Here's what you're referring, starts at the 14:05 mark:
Coach Bill Belichick, NE Patriots

I do remember hearing that on the Big Show, good recall on your part.

He also had this to say on the 24th, his overall philosophy is to focus on the task at hand because otherwise it will be irrelevant what happens with the Jets, Dolphins and Ravens.

All Things Bill Belichick: 24-Dec-2008 Conference Call Transcript

On not controlling their playoff destiny:
Our attitude for this game is the same as it is for any other game and that is to try to prepare well and go in there on Sunday and play the best that we can. That's our approach to every game and we will try to do that. We will do the best we can at that and then whatever else happens, happens.

Does a Bear $h!t in the woods?

My guess is that scores of the Jags/Ravens game will not be posted in the Meadowlands Sunday.

That is pretty much standard operating procedure for NFL coaches in this type of situation.

Agreed, Mangina will dictate this....

You know, I have a funny feeling the Jags are going to win, too. Makes no logical sense, but I saw that Colts game and I'm telling you, I think it's possible.

Teams playing for spoiler play as hard as teams playing for a spot, imo.

jags looked pretty good against the Colts, and they have had 10 days to get ready for the ratbirds. I think they have a real good chance to pull an upset.

I don't think the Jets will lay down either way, but I think the Jags are playing hard enough to keep it close in Baltimore. So even if that WAS a concern, if the Jets look up at the scoreboard during a TV timeout and see

Bal 10
Jax 6

midway through the second quarter, they have every incentive to keep playing.

But I'm still not convinced that score, even if it's 41-0 Jax, will ever see the light of the Meadowlands day while the Jets-Phins game is still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes