Will Tate be Active this Sunday?

• Yes

Votes: 59 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's presser, BB said that Nunn, being on the practice squad, sometimes runs more routes than the regular receivers, in both scout team action and regular offense practice. He seems high on Nunn, so I'm guessing it's Nunn.

You do realise that you are asking people to vote on something that they don't have an earthly clue about.:)

All we know is that Tate is close to full fitness, anything after that is just speculation. A poll won't give you any sort of accurate read as to what will happen.

Hate to break it to you, but none of the polls on this message board besides "age range" provide information. It's ALL guesswork.

You do realise that you are asking people to vote on something that they don't have an earthly clue about.:)

All we know is that Tate is close to full fitness, anything after that is just speculation. A poll won't give you any sort of accurate read as to what will happen.

Fwiw (which ain't much) Schefter tweeted that his sense was Tate would play Sunday

Fwiw (which ain't much) Schefter tweeted that his sense was Tate would play Sunday

I saw that. Although it's interesting, it's not news-worthy.

I want to know WHY he thinks that. Sloppy journalism. No depth.

I saw that. Although it's interesting, it's not news-worthy.

I want to know WHY he thinks that. Sloppy journalism. No depth.
I was interested to read it, Shefter is right more often than most.

I'm quite fascinated to see if Tate and/or Nunn are active, if so whether they play much and, if so, how they do.

More often than most still isn't more often than not.
I'm not going to get into a fight over Shefter but he's right more often than not; that doesn't mean he's ALWAYS right. Regardless, hearing what he said is newsworthy to me.

I'm not going to get into a fight over Shefter but he's right more often than not; that doesn't mean he's ALWAYS right. Regardless, hearing what he said is newsworthy to me.

I'm not saying Shefter is unreliable. Actually I think hes quite good (not as good as when he was with NFLN IMO) but I want to know what he is basing his hunch on. Was Shef at practice? Did he see Tate run a ton of routes from TB? Did a little bridie tell him?

Inquiring minds wants to. After all, Tate will save our season :p

I'm not saying Shefter is unreliable. Actually I think hes quite good (not as good as when he was with NFLN IMO) but I want to know what he is basing his hunch on. Was Shef at practice? Did he see Tate run a ton of routes from TB? Did a little bridie tell him?

Inquiring minds wants to. After all, Tate will save our season :p

The Patriots need a return man. Tate set the NCAA career yardage record

as a return man. He will be active Sunday as a return man.

The Patriots need a return man. Tate set the NCAA career yardage record as a return man. He will be active Sunday as a return man.
Do we have two empty spots right now ? One for Galloway and one for Mitchell ? I could see both Tate and Nunn being active, Tate more as a returner, Nunn as a WR with Aiken as the #3/#4 WRs.

The Patriots need a return man. Tate set the NCAA career yardage record

as a return man. He will be active Sunday as a return man.

No argument. With Maroney needed to run and the KR game lacking, if the kid is healthy enough. Why not?

The WR job within the Patriots offense is one of the most complex in all of football. They have deeper route trees than pretty much any other team, and that is why so many guys seem to have trouble picking up the offense. Learning the playbook is an entirely different thing from being able to make the correct reads, and I highly doubt that Tate can do that after one week of practice.

Everyone is amazed how well Edelman has done with it, but you forget, he has been practicing with the team since the minicamps in may and june. He's had months to pick the stuff up. Tate hasn't. Nunn and Aiken have.

Aiken has had months to "pick the stuff up"? Could have fooled me with the way he has been playing.

As for this week, yes. I think Tate will be active, but only as a special teamer.

Last edited:
Well, he can't be any worse of a WR than Aiken!

I'm shocked, absolutely SHOCKED, that you haven't been crapped all over for this. I said the same thing last night in another thread and got attacked by numerous posters like a pack of hyenas.

The Patriots need a return man.

According to what?

Slater, Welker, Maroney and Faulk have all returned kicks and punts at an NFL level, and done well for themselves.

Butler and Wheatley, and I'm sure others, were all very good return men in college.

So, theres 6 guys atleast who could return kicks, although Welker and Maroney are probably off the list because of the injuries to Edelman and Morris/Taylor. SO I'd hardly say its a need.

Do we have two empty spots right now ? One for Galloway and one for Mitchell ? I could see both Tate and Nunn being active, Tate more as a returner, Nunn as a WR with Aiken as the #3/#4 WRs.

Good possibility. I was very disappointed to see Nunn cut and

Galloway kept.

According to what?

Slater, Welker, Maroney and Faulk have all returned kicks and punts at an NFL level, and done well for themselves.

Butler and Wheatley, and I'm sure others, were all very good return men in college.

So, theres 6 guys atleast who could return kicks, although Welker and Maroney are probably off the list because of the injuries to Edelman and Morris/Taylor. SO I'd hardly say its a need.

My gut tells me that Welker and Faulk will get the duties and if the game gets out of hand, they will insert maybe Tate, but others that you mention.

I agree I think they both could be active. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but here is what Brady said today

"I have confidence in all of our receivers. If you're on the roster and you have an opportunity to play, I have confidence," Brady said. "All of those guys have worked very hard, certainly with Wes and Randy. I don't have to worry about much with them. But Brandon is going to be out there, hopefully, and Terrence is going to be out there ... to see how they can go out there and perform. And hopefully they can go and do a good job."

Was he talking about practice or did he let it slip that Nunn will be active and maybe Tate also ?

Was he talking about practice or did he let it slip that Nunn will be active and maybe Tate also ?
He certainly said what you said. Whether he meant it, who knows, but right now all we have it Moss, Welker, Aiken and the TE so . . .

I would think one spot goes to Levoir as a swing tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back