Will Tate be Active this Sunday?

• Yes

Votes: 59 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 71 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never review.... guess I should start :)

its ******* stupid if they rush this guy back..... especially right before a BUY WEEK..... utter stupidity if he is activated soon.:confused::confused::confused:
If he's healthy then it's not stupid. How can you say it's stupid to "rush" a guy back if he's healthy and not being rushed ? It's been over a year, with no setbacks it's fully reasonable that he's now 100%.

This isn't about the third WR on the field. Brandon Tate is here to return kicks. That's why I wanted him activated. Please don't say we need a third receiver for Randy Moss and Wes Welker to get open. That would rediculous. Aiken is number three or maybe Tate comes in to occupy space. So what, Randy Moss and Wes Welker are still out there. Besides, Watson is back and Brady would look his way before looking at Aiken and Ben has caught the ball really well this season.

Maybe Tate gets more involved. That would be great and a bonus. I just want a threatening return man.

Which is why he was activated over Nunn. If the Pats needed the best WR out there it would be Nunn who has many practices under his belt. Returning kicks doesn't require much mental capacity and the good news is Tate must of looked pretty good out there in practice returning kicks.

I never review.... guess I should start :)

And think twice about what you post.

At this point it is irrevelant whether or not Tate starts playing this week or after bye week. The reason he starts this week is because it's the soonest possible game he can be activated for.

He tore his knee just ONE month after Brady tore his, so theoretically he should have been ready to play in the season opener, but the Patriots chose to give him an additional two months just to be on the safe side.

If he's healthy then it's not stupid. How can you say it's stupid to "rush" a guy back if he's healthy and not being rushed ? It's been over a year, with no setbacks it's fully reasonable that he's now 100%.

Tom Brady is still not at a hundred percent........ that is almost a year. Both players had serious injuries(IT TAKES TIME) _______->more than a year at least to get back to where you once were. The BYE is next week. We will not need Tate to beat Tampa so why risk it?

You can argue the same about Brady, but that is a foolish comparison, so do not even try it. Brandon Tate is not necessary for the equation of beating Tampa Bay.:D

Tom Brady is still not at a hundred percent........ that is almost a year. Both players had serious injuries(IT TAKES TIME) _______->more than a year at least to get back to where you once were. The BYE is next week. We will not need Tate to beat Tampa so why risk it?
There is no risk above that of every football player with regard to re-injuring the knee. Brady's knee is at 100 percent. His game isn't but that's a combination of missing a year and whatever mental hurdles he has - the only way to get over what Brady needs to get over is to play and it's the same with Tate. The sooner he gets used to the knee getting hit and adjusts to game speed the better which is why he should play as soon as possible.

If Tate plays, it will be as much a surprise to me as Edelman having the impact he has had thus far. When the Pats drafted BT, I thought it would be a year at least before we saw dividends, much like what I thought of McKenzie the day he got injured. For one thing, I will be watching very closely on kickoff and punt returns.

In all reality, Tate is about where Brady was at the beginning of the season in terms of his injury. In my estimate, Brady will be at top (normal) form by game 8 or 9. So, expect to see a first-round talent at the WR position by the playoffs. That's definitely something to be excited about.

Edit: BTW I voted no on the poll

Last edited:
If Tate plays, it will be as much a surprise to me as Edelman having the impact he has had thus far. When the Pats drafted BT, I thought it would be a year at least before we saw dividends, much like what I thought of McKenzie the day he got injured. For one thing, I will be watching very closely on kickoff and punt returns.

In all reality, Tate is about where Brady was at the beginning of the season in terms of his injury. In my estimate, Brady will be at top (normal) form by game 8 or 9. So, expect to see a first-round talent at the WR position by the playoffs. That's definitely something to be excited about.

Edit: BTW I voted no on the poll
If Tate plays I fully expect him to receive 200 yards, score 4 touchdowns and return a 100 yard kick off touchdown. :p

If Tate plays I fully expect him to receive 200 yards, score 4 touchdowns and return a 100 yard kick off touchdown. :p

Hell, even i could put up those numbers against Tampa. :D

and for the record, i would say my 40 time is much slower than Wilforks ;)

Your expectations are too low. Did you know that he can play RB as well? Expected 350 rushing yds:p

Score one for the minority. :)

Real interested to see this kid in the return game. Hopefully he even gets in on some WR action in garbage time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes