PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Ridley be inactive Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's entirely on him. If he had held the ball with both arms, it would not have happened.

Two other school of thoughts:

1) If he had held it high and tight, the shoulder hit wouldn't have popped out the ball. Prior to contact, he was actually holding the ball with both hands, but inexplicably took his left hand/arm off it, presumably to push off.

2) As you brought up in another post, amongst other things, he has a responsibility to anticipate contact every time he turns his back on the play whether it be a spin move or cutback, etc.

Well after today's Madden update, Ridley has the lowest carry rating out of all starting RBs in the game. Geez, that's a little harsh.

Ridley will dress and Ridley will play

it is pointless to bench him as he is the best rushing RB the pats have

Curtis Martin was fumble prone with the pats....nobody seemed to complain then

Curtis Martin was fumble prone with the pats....nobody seemed to complain then

The guy had a fumble every 121 carries (29 fumbles in 3500 carries, and lost only half). With the Pats, he had a fumble every 87 carries. I would hardly call that fumble prone.

Is Blount healthy? I thought he had a concussion. We need Ridley as a backup. I understand that other teams have runners who fumble as much. On the patriots, this simply isn't acceptable.

If Vereen, Bolden and Blount are healthy, I could see Ridley not getting any reps.

Perhaps we are better with Ridley compared to Bolden. Hpwever, it is not clear that we are better off with a player who fumbles every other game. Does that make up for the additional yards he gains?

I don’t expect that Blount would get any carries ahead of Ridley he coughed it up on Sunday and also may have cost us what would have been the game tying touchdown against Cincinnati when he coughed it up just outside the red zone. I anticipate that Bolden will be the primary runner and Vereen will have his usual role with maybe more carries in the running game as well.

I don’t 100% rule out the possibility of Cierre Woods being added to the active roster as the 53rd player especially if Blount is out with a head injury.

Edit: I just saw they added Sealver Siliga to the 53 man so scratch that on Woods being added.

Figured it was getting to the point where today had to happen, hopefully he can work this issue out and get himself right for the playoffs.

"Doubt"? Unless he is injured there is zero point zero percentage chance that Ridley will be inactive. With due respect to the OP in order, this is a fool hardy question.
Brady, BB and JM all came out this week with comments in some way supporting Ridley. That isn't because they love this young a man like a son (well they might), it is because they know what Ridley brings to the table. Every Patriot fan with a TV and a set of eyes knows what he brings to the table (when not fumbling). They know what he can contribute is a B!F!D! for winning. What a god damned waste of excellent running production (by far our best running production) if BB was to make him inactive.

Lastly, the fact is the Texans are a mess right now. Doesn't mean they can't win but they are a mess. At this point some Texans probably are not giving their best (once they fall behind this team's day is mentally over). This is the perfect game to get Ridley some touches, maybe 10 or maybe 15, and allow him to produce without a fumble (one Ridley fumble should absolutely not keep the Patriots from winning). With two or three games like that? It should put him back on track. We need Ridley! He makes the running game MUCH more potent and is main component of the run game that makes a complimentary offense that can be a very significant two way potent threat. To make him inactive would be galacticly stupid IMHO and something I'll bet my house BB doesn't do this week. Provided his fumbling doesn't continue its increase, it won't be something BB even considers on any week this year.

Man, you were wrong but I agree with you 100%. Ridley is our best back without a doubt. I actually think we could struggle in this game without him. This could be a bad version of the Cincinnati game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes