PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Jimmy G be IRd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not this week, but what if Brissett plays well the next two weeks.We don't need three QBs and you can bring one player back from injured reserve in an emergency.

Why not place him on injured reserve in a few weeks if he's still out for another month?

This is the kind of stuff that makes agents tell NFL*N reporters that "sources say" Belichick caused the LOLphins to injure his star backup.

NO!

What happens if TB gets hurt Week 17?

Who will be your backup QB for the next 2 games? You can't take JE off wr just to be backup, right?

One reason not to is that his recovery if ac separation is mainly pain management, which is highly individualistic and difficult to predict. But it also depends on other roster decisions.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
No. We can get by for now.

Heck, forfeit the Thursday night game to piss off the NFL and help a friend out. Too bad it's a home game and Kraft doesn't have the guts.

IR'd? There is talk he might play in 2 weeks

We can cut Karras or Roberts and keep Jimmy. We need Jimmy in case Brady or Brissett is hurt.

No. We can get by for now.

Heck, forfeit the Thursday night game to piss off the NFL and help a friend out. Too bad it's a home game and Kraft doesn't have the guts.

Are you effing serious w your comment about Kraft not having the "guts" to forfeit a game....? PLEASE tell me you're joking.

My lord, who thinks this way? YOU WANT TO FORFEIT A GAME?!?!

AND YOURE MAD AT THE OWNER FOR NOT?

Can you even tie your shoes in the mornings?

It'll be interesting to see what roster moves, if any, they're going to make. Do they cut someone and pick up a vet QB for 1-2 weeks or do they roll the dice and go into Thursday's game with 1 QB?

It'll be interesting to see what roster moves, if any, they're going to make. Do they cut someone and pick up a vet QB for 1-2 weeks or do they roll the dice and go into Thursday's game with 1 QB?
You HAVE to have another QB

Are you effing serious w your comment about Kraft not having the "guts" to forfeit a game....? PLEASE tell me you're joking.

My lord, who thinks this way? YOU WANT TO FORFEIT A GAME?!?!

AND YOURE MAD AT THE OWNER FOR NOT?

Can you even tie your shoes in the mornings?
"Relocated" from Jupiter to Mars...

Wild cat on Thursday Night Football. Beat the Texans by 28 and buy their whole team jackets

Wild cat on Thursday Night Football. Beat the Texans by 28 and buy their whole team jackets

I"m not sure Blount is the type of RB to run a wild cat. You need a faster RB.

Everyone is forgetting the new rules regarding Injured Reserve.

A few years ago teams could designate one player to be placed on Injured Reserve with a designation to return later in the season. That player had to be expected to miss six weeks (and do just that), and then after being activated to the 53-man roster still could not play for another two weeks but at that point being allowed to practice.

This year the rule has been amended so that teams do not have to designate a player prior to being placed on IR. A club could conceivably place two players on IR today and wait a month and a half to see how they are progressing, and then decide which player could return.

Right now the Patriots do not have any roster players on IR. Lewis, Vollmer and Flowers are all on Reserve/PUP. The Pats did not have to make a roster decision with Ninkovich and his injury since he was suspended.

Placing Garoppolo on Injured Reserve would be a wise decision in my opinion. Doing so would free up a valuable roster spot, and the time that he would have to sit neatly coincides with his injury rehab timetable.

The only downside is that should the Patriots go ahead and make this decision, then they cannot bring another player back on in-season IR this year. Hopefully that will not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes