PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will BB even bother to show up for the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still work to be done at DE , RB, and LB, but if Hightower signs they could do most of it in remaining free agency.

What a great offseason day to be a Pats Fan Eh? All sorts of stuff to fret fantasize and generally admire for BB maneuvers. Thanks to those of you who took to time to recap everything and show all the talent being brought in and with mostly drafts. Will miss Bennett. But by game one we should be long gone forward and making other teams sweat and not in a good workout way, in a cold fearful clammy way. Maybe its all for showing Dallas that they cant touch this. (Cue the Hammer music)

After he receives a boatload of picks from Cleveland for Jimmy G.. there will be plenty of time for the draft prognosticators to get to work.

Until then there will only be dreams of what might be..

What a couple of days, usually the Pats are quiet when this starts.. this year less so, what makes BB so great is his unpredictability, as soon as we figure him out he does a 180... life is good Patsfans..

Give us a little more time. We'll figure out BB eventually.

Or maybe he will just pass on the draft and move to the UDFA pool.... a big FU to Goodell and to the NFL establishment.

He will be there because no..... Days.... Off .... NO DAYS OFF, NO DAYS OFF *awkward voice and smirk*

Since this draft is becoming less and less important, how about we take a kicker to give ghost a little competition?

I love the deals but I have to admit I'm s little bit bummed that the draft has gone from meaningful to almost meaningless. I guess I will still check it out just in case the make a deal or deals to get back into the first or second rounds.

I'm pretty sure Bill isn't done, and I still wouldn't consider the draft worthless.

Depth is still needed, as is some youth to groom at spots. We have some potential defections next year (Butler, Solder, Ealy, etc) that we need to prepare for.

With 2 3rds, we can still add immediate rotation help. Thuney and Mitchell were 3rd and 4th round immediate contributors last year.

The draft is still important.

I'm pretty sure Bill isn't done, and I still wouldn't consider the draft worthless.

Depth is still needed, as is some youth to groom at spots. We have some potential defections next year (Butler, Solder, Ealy, etc) that we need to prepare for.

With 2 3rds, we can still add immediate rotation help. Thuney and Mitchell were 3rd and 4th round immediate contributors last year.

The draft is still important.
The diagnosed needs are a developmental T,a reserve developmental DE, a LB( HTower) and a RB (Blount). I would add a Developmental C if Andrews can't get bigger and stronger.

All these can be met by signing our own FAs' and drafting the developmental linemen with our remaining picks which are well situated to just such a task.

The diagnosed needs are a developmental T,a reserve developmental DE, a LB( HTower) and a RB (Blount). I would add a Developmental C if Andrews can't get bigger and stronger.

All these can be met by signing our own FAs' and drafting the developmental linemen with our remaining picks which are well situated to just such a task.

Still think we need an end that can play right now. That can be had in free agency, but it'd also be nice to get some continuity on the roster. With Ealy a FA after the next and the possibility of a big deal, we'll be right back in the market for a starting end next year. Getting a rookie that can contribute this year and possibly start next year would be nice.

I also think we could use an LB that can play right now, even if Hightower is back.

But yes, I agree with the other developmental needs. Bill is set up to address them with the picks we have. It doesn't hurt to get more picks and upgrade other spots and set the team up for the next 4/5 years. Bill has failed with third rounders before and day three guys are always a crap shoot. So this draft is still important because it's never a good idea to punt the ability to land cheap, long term producers.

There's still work to be done at DE , RB, and LB, but if Hightower signs they could do most of it in remaining free agency.

That's usually the plan, right? Show up at the draft without dramatic needs?

I love the premise of the OP, and would be laughing for days if the Pats traded all of this year's picks, and then acquired the Mr. Irrlevant pick, then showed up at the draft only once, to make that final one. Leave their seats empty in the auditorium. What a great FU to the entire establishment of the NFL. The Pats would dominate the draft day TV coverage with this move...without even being there. All the other owners would just be furious.

But it also probably isn't the best strategy. I'm more prone to think that they are making room for picks they'll get in a JG trade that's being finalized over the next few days. There is a limit to how many rookies can be absorbed and taught the Patriot way in a given year.

As I look at the roster, they most need starting LB talent, a good backup OT (Solder or Cannon going down is a huge vulnerability right now), and a RB that weighs more than 135 pounds soaking wet.

And then if a JG trade nets a dynamic edge player, holy cr@p.

He will be there because no..... Days.... Off .... NO DAYS OFF, NO DAYS OFF *awkward voice and smirk*
Or, even better, he could show up and tell people that he's there to take a few "Days Off." ;)

That's usually the plan, right? Show up at the draft without dramatic needs?

I love the premise of the OP, and would be laughing for days if the Pats traded all of this year's picks, and then acquired the Mr. Irrlevant pick, then showed up at the draft only once, to make that final one. Leave their seats empty in the auditorium. What a great FU to the entire establishment of the NFL. The Pats would dominate the draft day TV coverage with this move...without even being there. All the other owners would just be furious.

But it also probably isn't the best strategy. I'm more prone to think that they are making room for picks they'll get in a JG trade that's being finalized over the next few days. There is a limit to how many rookies can be absorbed and taught the Patriot way in a given year.

As I look at the roster, they most need starting LB talent, a good backup OT (Solder or Cannon going down is a huge vulnerability right now), and a RB that weighs more than 135 pounds soaking wet.

And then if a JG trade nets a dynamic edge player, holy cr@p.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Cleveland capitulates and hands the Patriots the first overall. Imagine adding Garrett to this defense?

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Cleveland capitulates and hands the Patriots the first overall. Imagine adding Garrett to this defense?

I have been, secretly. More fun than even his contribution on the field would be listening to the fans of other teams. Really, I enjoy their suffering about this stuff so much I start to wonder about my true character as a human being.

Or, even better, he could show up and tell people that he's there to take a few "Days Off." ;)

Lets get it goin pfs74..... FEW DAYS OFF! FEW DAYS OFF! FEW DAYS OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes