PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will a Jet loss to the Steelers make us feel a wee bit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to see either one make the SB, so all I can do is think well one has to lose, so I get a very partial victory.

It seems to me that the Jets are there by the grace of a lot of strange bounces of the ball in several fourth quarters this year, and then two strangely uncharacteristic games by both Indy and our Pats. I think Pitt will win, but I can't stomach that big lug head of a quarterback going to the SB again.

Someone above said he couldn't stand how a Pitt victory wd make us look---hey we're in damn good company with our loss: Atlanta, New Orleans, Indy, and Baltimore.

I can't believe people want to see them in the Super Bowl. Just getting to the big game would be too much of a moral victory for them. Rex Ryan should never get to the Super Bowl. They deserve to choke here and now.

At this point, the only thing I hope on February 6 is a hard fought exciting game of football between teams I don't actually hate. I'm rooting for Steelers/Packers personally.

Last edited:
How about this scenario: Jets win SB, and their Thursday night opponent is...you guessed it. And the Patriots kick their asses in front of their own fans. Might be worth seeing them win the SB to be able to do that.

if i was a patriots fan i would want the jets to reach the super bowl and get blown out.

i doubt you guys want to hear big ben having 3 rings, and being better than brady(because he well lets be honest. big ben isnt)

We want both the Steelers and Jets to lose and IMO the best case scenario is that the Jets lose this week choking in the AFC Championship again and then to have the Steelers lose in the SB. That would make Big Ben 2-1 and Manning 1-1 and Brady 3-1 giving all three one SB loss.

I definately dont wanna see the Jets in the Superbowl. I dont want them to have the word "champs" attached to them at all, even if it is just afc champs. the fact is that if the Jets lose this week, their season ends as a 2nd place wild card team that got to play 1 more week of football than the Pats. there season still ends with NO titles (division, conference, or superbowl)

I definately dont wanna see the Jets in the Superbowl. I dont want them to have the word "champs" attached to them at all, even if it is just afc champs. the fact is that if the Jets lose this week, their season ends as a 2nd place wild card team that got to play 1 more week of football than the Pats. there season still ends with NO titles (division, conference, or superbowl)

Absolutely....and I cant believe people are saying otherwise and using past trends of what the SB loser does to explain their logic. You guys do realize that the fact past SB losers struggled doesnt mean it would have to happen to the Jets and they would be AFC champs by this logic and could at least in thoery talk as much teash to all of the AFC they wanted (not that they wont anyways but they would be justified). They lose to steelers and they can tak trash to us sure but we can still throw titles in their face and end the discussion.

We want both the Steelers and Jets to lose and IMO the best case scenario is that the Jets lose this week choking in the AFC Championship again and then to have the Steelers lose in the SB. That would make Big Ben 2-1 and Manning 1-1 and Brady 3-1 giving all three one SB loss.

i understand it from that position too. but you know the refs LOVE the steelers. if they make the superbowl they obviously can beat the packers/bears, but that just gives big ben a chance to get closer to that ring.

SB loss would dull the pain

That's best case scenario - my concern is that they (the Steelers) are probably the only ones that can beat the Packers, I don't think New York can, which is the only reason I feel the other way.

The scenario of the Jets getting close and not winning it (and potentially not getting back for a while) would be ideal should Pittsburgh lose this weekend. But as I said, big Ben with 3-rings will be a pain for the entire offseason (and forever unless Brady gets #4), almost as much as the Jets winning it all.

So there's only one perfect scenario (Steelers vs. GB and Steelers lose). Unfortunately after Sunday I don't know what to expect, and two very bad scenarios are looming. I don't plan on watching it unfold and have to work next weekend anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How about this scenario: Jets win SB, and their Thursday night opponent is...you guessed it. And the Patriots kick their asses in front of their own fans. Might be worth seeing them win the SB to be able to do that.
And then everyone would say the Pats can win in the regular season, but the Jets beat them when it counts. Plus, a month later few people other than those in NE and NY would remember, let alone care, about who won the opening game, but people around the world would remember the Jets winning their first SB in more than 40 years forever. Screw the Jest.. I hope Pitt beats them 76-0, and I despise the Steelers and their fans, as well.

At this point the only thing that will make me feel "good" is for the Pack to beat the Bears (hate Cutler), the Steelers to utterly humiliate the Jets and then for the Pack to beat the Steelers.

While I don't care much for the Packers it has largely been because of Brett and if they were to win in his "final" season that would just be satisfying for some reason. Especially if it meant he shows up again next year to try and expand on his career interception mark before he gets another season ending concussion.

I want the Jets to WIN the Super Bowl. I want Rex to shove it in the Pats' faces.

This Pats team plays best when it's pissed off. Look at what they did in Pittsburgh after that Cleveland loss. Look at what they did to NY in December with the division on the line with both teams at 9-2. That 45-3 drubbing made them take NY lightly this time around and it bit them in the arse.

I want the image of the Lombardi Trophy in their division rival's house to be a constant reminder that they let a prime title opportunity slip through their fingers...to those guys. Avenging a playoff loss is one thing, but making sure the Jets don't take another trophy by going through Foxborough is another.

Regards,
Chris

Yes. Lose early, lose big. Once the Jets are out, I couldn't care less who wins the SB.

I want to see them go to the SB and lose.

Teams that go to SB and lose as a rule are not a threat for a few years.

So let them go and then we can crap on their fans for choking for a few years.

i want them to go to Pittsburgh and lose 45-3.

And then everyone would say the Pats can win in the regular season, but the Jets beat them when it counts. Plus, a month later few people other than those in NE and NY would remember, let alone care, about who won the opening game, but people around the world would remember the Jets winning their first SB in more than 40 years forever. Screw the Jest.. I hope Pitt beats them 76-0, and I despise the Steelers and their fans, as well.

As an FYI - there are a ton of Steeler fans in queue now that I'm moderating users - and they haven't even won the Super Bowl yet. I don't think people realize how bad that scenario would be if Big Ben gets #3 in terms of our job dealing with that :eek:

I'll go with Jets winning the SB too for a couple reasons:
- It will seem less pointless that we lost to the eventual champion instead of being knocked out by a team we could've (and have) beaten this season
- It will make next year's game and rivalry that much more intense
- I don't want Steelers to go and get the third with Big Ben (and hope somebody like Big Sey who has a daughter punches him in the face again)

I vote SuperBowl champs...I need some offseason entertainment before the draft.

Absolutely.
Personally I think the Steelers D is going to stomp on Sanitize big time. He's not going to get the field position or the free ride he got here. Look for at least 2 picks by Sanitize.
Ben the Sexual Predator is not going to stand there and do the bunny hop waiting for receivers to come open. He'll run the ball and burn the Jets at critical times.
Like the Steelers to win rather comfortably and yes, AMERICA will rejoice that Toes and Who's-Your-Daddy are going bye bye.
Think of it this way Patriot fans.
Jets punked the Patriots in every way possible and yet at the end of the day they do not win the Super Bowl.
Raise your hand if you think the Jets will EVER punk Brady and BB in a playoff game like that again. Never happening!
Win it this year Jetties or you'll regret the lost opportunity for a long time.
We're hurting now but the payback will be so so sweet.

I fully agree that we want the Steelers to kill the Jets this week. And watching the Jets blow it and still have to be jealous of us would make me feel slightly better than now.

But then that leaves the Steelers in the SB again. And again without even having to play us:mad:

We would be rooting for them to lose the SB because if we ever want to catch them as a franchise they cant keep getting rings. Not to mention I want Brady to be the active QB with the most SBs.

I have more respect for the steelers though as they have been doing it for a decade now and while they talk some trash and what not they at least usually respect their opponents.

Go Packer or Bears. Really thats what this year comes down to? I have to root for teams that have beat us in a SB that I would normally never root for. There is only one NFC team I hate more than these two.

I agree with all of your reasons for wanting the Steelers not to win, but I still want them to crush the Jets simply because I respect the Steelers for the most part. I'd also love to see a Steelers/Packers SB, that would be one for the ages.

I see a loss by the Steelers to Green Bay accomplishing numerous positives: (1) Jets win neither division nor conference two years in a row, known only for playing spoiler in lower rounds after inconsistent play in season, (2) the Steelers lose Big Ben's pristine record in title games and (3) a likable franchise gets the W.

I could back the Saints last year. I can back the Pack this year. Set up an air of NFC domination and the Pats can re-claim the title for the AFC next year.

Rex's blather has lost its humor (and that was prior to the loss). My disdain for the Jets otherwise hinged on the individual serving as head coach (no way would I cheer for Mangini), not the owner. But for wanting to see Ryan silenced, I would probably not minding them winning it all given the time between championships. For now, I want them out fast to shut their yaps and see Tomlinson trip at the finish line again with his classy career light fading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes