PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork Restructures Contract (3 Yr 22.5 Mil)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was just signed by the Titans. Only JAGs are left at DE in free agency.

OK, must have been this PM I didn't look at the updates. Damn. He would be OK. DE in the draft it is - might just be a passing package guy, but what the heck, still gets some rest for the starter. Still, no credible back up for Jones. Could be a BB drafts two of them sort of year...

Super boners!

Do these writers not have access to Google and Bing?

Wilfork, who turns 34 this offseason, had refused to take a pay cut when initially approached by the team about it. He is coming off a season-ending Achilles injury and was slated to count $7.5 million under the salary cap next season.

How do you publish articles with these type of simplistic errors that shows that they do not even proof their work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...fter-reworked--three-year-deal-214041171.html

Trade down coming in 3...2...1

I think they might still go get Dee Ford. If Easley slips into the late 2nd, I hope they grab him.

Now I think they trade out of 29 and go TE, OL, LB with their first three. Of course, it all depends upon who falls to 29...

I never thought they'd trade up for Donald. He's not the BB type.

I could see a trade up for Ebron, but that's about it.

OK, must have been this PM I didn't look at the updates. Damn. He would be OK. DE in the draft it is - might just be a passing package guy, but what the heck, still gets some rest for the starter. Still, no credible back up for Jones. Could be a BB drafts two of them sort of year...

I think we're probably looking at DE and DT in the first two rounds as things currently stand with TE/RB in the third and fourth.

I like to thank Bianca and Vincent for giving me more free time:) Was working on a blog post that would have detailed my proposal to Wilfork and the Patriots. Can stop now:)

He was just signed by the Titans. Only JAGs are left at DE in free agency. A 2nd-3rd round DE could help as a 3rd pass rusher.

Robert Ayers is probably the best out there now (or Spencer, but he's down for the count, still). He's not bad, but never became what was expected.

This is truly great news.

Very surprised. I did not see this coming at all. I was one of those who thought it was a way for NE to move on from lots of money from an aging big man....

I'm not disappointed, just surprised.

I think we're probably looking at DE and DT in the first two rounds as things currently stand with TE/RB in the third and fourth.

So Ealy or Dee Ford in the first?

Easley in the 2nd?

We really need a linebacker. I suspect they might try to shift Wilson to a cover LB position, but we really need a 4th true LB.

Well I still value the players equally but at this point here is how I see DT.

If Donald hits 22 or higher (possible if he gets past 16) trade up for him... Won't cost you a ton and he is a true impact guy even though now it is not a need position.

If Hageman falls to 29 I still am leaning towards picking him as an option. But I would probably take Ealy over him if he falls that far.

Easley is someone you take now IF he falls to 62. I don't move up for that player at this point. No other DTs of note I would extend for and for me to pick one a good one needs to fall to pick 130 for me to want us to do it.

He was just signed by the Titans. Only JAGs are left at DE in free agency. A 2nd-3rd round DE could help as a 3rd pass rusher.

Robert Ayers is still out there, I think. He's an upper level JAG but he's young. He has good size, too.

That option looms large....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Vince Wilfork's new deal with Patriots really is a one-year, $8M deal that includes $3M guaranteed and deal has an option for 2 more years.

So his cap # must of gone down 3.6 million?

The numbers reported by Schefter seem reasonable and offer a nice exit strategy in case he cant return to his dominant self..

I can live with this deal...

I can only hope that what happened with Revis (1 year 12 million was really a 2-year deal) reminds people to wait for the official numbers before looking to see what Wilfork's 2014 cap number is.

Ben Volin is saying that the deal saves the Patriots $3.6 million in cap space this year, but I'll wait until Miguel gives his opinion on the matter sometime in the next few days...

Interior OL, period.

This is great news though! Vince will sure up the run defense and keep the backers free of a guard. The secondary is obviously much improved, and some depth/competition at LB is a must. A late safety pick would make sense as well, and maybe a late to mid on a big bodied dl IF the F/O expects nothing from Armstead. IF they know something we don't, we could theoretically stand pat and be fine for the year, signing a few UDFA and the like for camp fodder with the hopes one would bust out or prove worthy of a practice squad spot (wouldn't surprise me if they were high on Siliga btw, keep that name in mind).

From there, a safety flyer late wouldn't surprise, but the offensive line (interior) could use a day one/two body. Sprinkle in a te who falls and all is well. Maybe a low mid pick at mallet's replacement.

I would think that the 3 mil guarantee would give the Patriots at least
2 mil in salary cap relief.

Ben Volin is saying that the deal saves the Patriots $3.6 million in cap space this year, but I'll wait until Miguel gives his opinion on the matter sometime in the next few days...

Miguel had already tweeted that tomorrow is a vacation day for him, the slacker

[email protected] @patscap
Done writing my blog post on Aaron Hernandez. But since I expect many questions on it I will be publishing tomorrow - a vacation day

Looks like Jerry Thorton was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore