Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How wins wildcard weekend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol somehow there are 49 votes for the first two games, 50 for the third and 48 for the fourth

Bengals @ Texans - I think it's going to come down to one turnover or big play. Should be relatively low scoring, I'm thinking like 17-14. I think the Bengals will eek it out in the end, but would not be surprised to see the Texans win either.

Lions @ Saints - I think that this one will be a high scoring affair, the exact opposite of the first game. I think the Lions will keep this close just because their offense is so capable, but the Saints will prove too much at home, 45-31.

Steelers @ Broncos - I think the Broncos' D will keep this closer than most are predicting. W/ Raplisberger banged up and no Mendenhall, the Steelers will struggle. That being said, I think the Steelers' D will completely shut Tebow and the Broncos' offense down. I think it'll finish 13-3, or thereabout.

Falcons @ Giants - for me, the Giants are the ultimate up and down team. I think they can beat anyone in the NFC or lose to anyone in the NFC. I think this game all comes down to the Falcons' o-line against the Giants' d-line. I'll take the Giants, 27-20.

-Bengals
-Saints
-Steelers
-Giants

I don't regard the Bengals pick as an "upset," but if any team is going to surprise me, I think it might be the Falcons if the "Good Eli" doesn't show up.

Lions-Saints will be close into the fourth quarter, but the Saints will beat the spread.

Where would I bet next month's mortgage payment? It would really, really, really surprise me be if the Steelers get Tebowed.

Last edited:
I am still of the opinion that Denver has a good chance to beat Pittsburgh.

If the game is anywhere close, say within 2 scores or less, going into the 4th quarter, then I wouldn't be at all surprised with a Denver win.

This game, more than any of the others this weekend, will come down to the team that wants the win the most.

Falcons over Giants

Saints over Lions

Steelers over Broncos

Bengals over Texans

Cin
Pit
Nyg
No

Bengals (I really hope so anyway)
Pit
Giants
Saints

Saints - Saints blowout! No way overrated Stafford is keeping up with Brees without a running game.

Texans - Both Texans and Bengals suck, but I think the Texans running game and D will help them a whole lot.

Broncos - Two garbage-y offenses and overrated defenses. I think Brady Quinn will put Tebow-mania to rest by surprising the Steelers with actual QB play.

Falcons @ Giants - I can't really decide between the two, The Giants should win this game, but then they should've won a lot of games this year... I really can't tell with this team. If the Falcons manage to get out of this one I can see them going to the SB, because they'll be hot and confident. But if I had to choose, I'm going with the Giants.

Okay here goes:

Bengals 20
Texans 17

Lions 21
Saints 38

Falcons 24
Giants 27

Steelers 13
Broncos 7

Bengals
Steelers
Giants
Saints

I don't know why, but I can see the Donkeys pulling it off!

Saints

Bengals

Falcons

Steelers

Next round

Pats over Bengals
Ravens over Steelers

Packers over Falcons
49ers Over Saints

CC

Pats over Ravens
(shocker) 49ers over Packers

SB

Pats over 49ers

I resevere the right to change my mind at anytime

and I still think the Bronocs might upset the steelers

Wow, shocking that more people have Cincinnati beating Houston than Pitt beating Denver (by a hair) but both road teams are picked here more than 2 to 1.

Lions
Texans
Broncos
Giants

It may be just "imaginative memory" but it seems to me that wildcard weekend usually features:
- two virtual blowouts (not necessarily indicated by a lopsided final score, but in which the winning team demonstrates early and often that its opponent has no business being there)
- two close games (multiple lead changes, comes down to the final possession)
- one stunning upset

With this in mind . . .

"Blowouts":
HOU 27-10 over CIN (including a garbage-time TD by the Bengals)
NYG 38-13 over ATL (might still be relatively close at halftime, though)

Close games:
NOL 37-30 over DET (possibly even in OT)
DEN 13-10 over PIT (the upset, but perhaps actually decided in Q3 with no Q4 scoring by either team)

Last edited:
Bengals @ Texans - The Bungles are still the Bungles. Playing on the road against one of the NFL's best defenses and running games. I'd like for the Pats to feast on Cincy in the second round, but I don't see it happening. Winner - Texans

Lions @ Saints - New Orleans is nearly unstoppable at home, it's on the road that they have problems. Detroit is a good but undisciplined team, and I think Brees and Co. are going to take the Kittens to school. Winner - Saints

Falcons @ Giants - Keep going back and forth. I think the Giants make enough mistakes in this one to keep it competitive and the Falcons' Matt Bryant will win it for the road team. Winner - Falcons

Steelers @ Broncos - The smart money is on the Steelers to win this game. But I don't gamble my money, and I have a feeling we're in store for some Tebow magic one last time. When has the wildcard round EVER gone as expected? Winner - Broncos

Texans
Saints
Steelers
Giants

Sorry came in late...Bungles/Texans tied near end of first half so figured it wouldn't be cheating ..LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST