PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge turnover forced by London Fletcher. One of the most underrated players in the NFL. In my estimation he should definitely have a case for the hall of fame.

Could be a big turning point in the game

Wonder if Lynch will get the ball again ...

wonder if seattle fans are screaming about lynch's 'fumble issues' and calling for him to be benched

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Browner plays a damn tough game. Did Garcon just injure himself?

That penalty call on Hall was absolute crap given what Seattle's CBs have gotten away with this game.

I thought the 5 yard rule was still a rule...it's not??

if it is, that call was ridiculous...he took two steps off the line

I came into this game with no real rooting interest. But Seattle's attempt to consistently act like bullies and my admiration for London Fletcher has me starting to root for the Skins,

BTW- Here's a thought. London Fletcher is the player at 37 that Ray Lewis wishes he can be. Here's a guy that doesn't miss games, been defensive player of week a few times, and has some tremendous stats, and all we here is how great Ray Lewis is. I have always thought that he was the best LB of his era, but now I wonder.

when RG3 isn't able to scramble. His whole game took a step back

"An eligible receiver is considered to be an obstructing opponent ONLY to a point five yards beyond the line of scrimmage unless the player who receives the snap clearly demonstrates no further intention to pass the ball. Within this five-yard zone, a defensive player may chuck an eligible player in front of him. A defensive player is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone until a point when the receiver is even with the defender. The defensive player cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an eligible receiver in a manner that restricts movement as the play develops. Beyond this five-yard limitation, a defender may use his hands or arms ONLY to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. In such reaction, the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him."

that call was bull...

I came into this game with no real rooting interest. But Seattle's attempt to consistently act like bullies and my admiration for London Fletcher has me starting to root for the Skins,

BTW- Here's a thought. London Fletcher is the player at 37 that Ray Lewis wishes he can be. Here's a guy that doesn't miss games, been defensive player of week a few times, and has some tremendous stats, and all we here is how great Ray Lewis is. I have always thought that he was the best LB of his era, but now I wonder.

He was NFC defensive player of the month in december :)

I'm not sure but at age 37 that has to be somekind of a record

Last edited:
will the Skins pull RG3?

That penalty call on Hall was absolute crap given what Seattle's CBs have gotten away with this game.

49ers have complained about seattle quite a bit saying seattle keeps doing it because they know it wont be called on every play.

seattle is making some dumb mistakes on offense.

will the Skins pull RG3?

They should pull him.

Can't believe I am saying this about a Pete Carroll team but I love the way Seattle plays.

Shanahan is going to kill RG3 with this bush league crap. The kid can hardly walk without limping.

since 2nd Q seatte has dominated 271 to 38 odd yards and still losing.

Joker said:
"An eligible receiver is considered to be an obstructing opponent ONLY to a point five yards beyond the line of scrimmage unless the player who receives the snap clearly demonstrates no further intention to pass the ball. Within this five-yard zone, a defensive player may chuck an eligible player in front of him. A defensive player is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone until a point when the receiver is even with the defender. The defensive player cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an eligible receiver in a manner that restricts movement as the play develops. Beyond this five-yard limitation, a defender may use his hands or arms ONLY to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. In such reaction, the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him."

that call was bull...

actually...the call was correct. it clearly says he can't hold onto the receiver...which he was. he wasn't just bumping him.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

As much as I respect the play of QB's RGIII and Russell Wilson, I would still much prefer a pure drop back QB with exceptional pocket awareness such as Brady and P-Manning. Eventually guys like RGIII and Wilson get injured and begin to break down much like Vick. If I have any knock on Brady its his inability to scramble when its the only option left and this is what makes QB's like Rodgers and Luck the ideal hybrid of the two styles.

Jeez, if Seattle can just score, they'll win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back