PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ****** Unofficial Vikings v. Packers game thread ******

Webb TO Jenkinger!!!!!! Webb to Jenkinger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Webb to Jenkinger!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT OVER!!!!! ITS NOT OVER!!!!!

awww.. the kick returner didn't step out of bounds before handling the ball.

Touchdown vikings!!!!!

Webb TO Jenkinger!!!!!! Webb to Jenkinger!!!!!!!!!!!!! Webb to Jenkinger!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT OVER!!!!! ITS NOT OVER!!!!!

Pitty TD. It's been over.

lol at Brady's picture.

Pitty TD. It's been over.

It's never over when you got #14 standing over on the other sideline!

It's never over when you got #14 standing over on the other sideline!

If only he stayed there all game long.

He's up to 9 completions out of 27 attempts. Wasn't the over/under 10? Watch out now!

Personally I'm happy. I want Brady vs Rodgers.

Last edited:

I would've been all for Brady vs. Webb :cool:

He got it! 11 completions!

Good spike. A 14-point touchdown is still a possibility.

If only he stayed there all game long.

He's up to 9 completions out of 27 attempts. Wasn't the over/under 10? Watch out now!

I want Brady versus the worst backups each opponent has, particularly at the QB position. I'm never going to understand the idea of fans wanting to face players who can beat you. This isn't about measuring your game. It's about winning titles. Wanting to face Rodgers makes no sense. Nobody looks back on 2007 and says "Yeah, the Patriots lost, but at least they didn't play the 9 win Buccaneers for the title that year. That would have been a hollow victory."

I want Brady versus the worst backups each opponent has, particularly at the QB position. I'm never going to understand the idea of fans wanting to face players who can beat you. This isn't about measuring your game. It's about winning titles. Wanting to face Rodgers makes no sense. Nobody looks back on 2007 and says "Yeah, the Patriots lost, but at least they didn't play the 9 win Buccaneers for the title that year. That would have been a hollow victory."

Pride? Knowing you are the best?

It's not just about winning titles to me. We have titles. It's more than that now.

I get little satisfaction when beating up on a crappy team.

EDIT: Except the Jets.

Last edited:

Dungy's smoking crack if he thinks the Foreskins are going to beat the Seahawks tomorrow.

Already one great matchup for next week. Packers-SF saturday night. And of course our game Sunday afternoon is good regardless.

The other 2 games I believe will be decent at worst. Divisional round usually a great weekend of football and this year appears to be no different

Some people prefer to challenge themselves against the best rather than win against inferior opponents not at full strength.

You generally get a pretty good idea of a person's fortitude when presented with a challenge.

Pride? Knowing you are the best?

It's not just about winning titles to me. We have titles. It's more than that now.

I get little satisfaction when beating up on a crappy team.

EDIT: Except the Jets.

5 years after you win, nobody cares who you beat, unless you beat the 18-0 Patriots. Nobody's going to give a rat's ass if the Patriots beat the Redskins led by Kirk Cousins instead of the Packers led by Aaron Rodgers. That's because the professional sports leagues aren't about "pride" when it comes to the postseasons. They're about winning.

5 years after you win, nobody cares who you beat, unless you beat the 18-0 Patriots. Nobody's going to give a rat's ass if the Patriots beat the Redskins led by Kirk Cousins instead of the Packers led by Aaron Rodgers. That's because the professional sports leagues aren't about "pride" when it comes to the postseasons. They're about winning.

I care about it now.

And that's not exactly true. You never noticed how our Superbowls are always ranked among the best ever, because they were close, competitive games? For example, does anyone ever talk about the Buccaneers vs Raiders 48-21 Superbowl blowout? I remember watching that. Such a snooze fest.

Last edited:

Can't argue that. Those players work too hard to look back and say "Oh if only we could have earned this ring by beating Manning instead of Flacco". Especially considering how close this team has come seemingly year after year since 2006.

I care about it now.

That's foolish. That's really, really foolish.

And that's not exactly true. You never noticed how our Superbowls are always ranked among the best ever, because they were close, competitive games? For example, does anyone ever talk about the Buccaneers vs Raiders 48-21 Superbowl blowout? I remember watching that. Such a snooze fest.

Yes, it is true. Nobody cares who the winner beat, except for the momentous occasions. This isn't you against Bob from down the road in the all-neighborhood chess championships. This is the big time, and winning's what matters. Who you beat doesn't mean a damned thing.

Last edited:

I think/hope everyone just figured out how important Ponder has been to the Vikings season. If anything, their offensive scheme has been holding him back... and the loss of Harvin took away his only true WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes