PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

why number 39?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher22/39

Rookie
Reaction score
I know it is just a number but still 39 seems wrong, should be 22! We here at Gopherville used the phrase "catch 22, if you can".

22's already taken.

gopher22/39 said:
I know it is just a number but still 39 seems wrong, should be 22! We here at Gopherville used the phrase "catch 22, if you can".
Duh. Because 39 is tight.

:cool: (kind of an inside joke if you haven't been lurking here the past month or so)

IMHO. 39 is indeed "wicked tight".

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Duh. Because 39 is tight.

:cool: (kind of an inside joke if you haven't been lurking here the past month or so)

No, 39 is the dumbest number a running back can have! He needs to have 22, 26, 31, 21, or 34. I hope he changes his number by the end of the training camp. Hey maybe Maroney can pull a Clintin Portis and challenge Samuel to a fight for the number 22. Remember Portis told that safety he would fight him for 26. The safety ended up getting cut.:rocker:

39 is TIGHT. Do the MATH.
3+9=12
1+2=3
3 is a MAGIC number! Like Duh!

PS I would allow him to take #21 (2+1=3), but otherwise he must remain #39.

Don't ask me, the number is pathetic...

I can't even buy his jersey now, what a shame.

gopher22/39 said:

Where is Gopherville, right next to east bum****??

Maybe those in "golpherville" don't know that #39 was Sam Bam Cunningham.

Maroney could do a lot worst than to stay with that #.

i prefer numbers that aren't very popular for that position.

It looks better.

THEARCHIVES said:
No, 39 is the dumbest number a running back can have! He needs to have 22, 26, 31, 21, or 34. I hope he changes his number by the end of the training camp. Hey maybe Maroney can pull a Clintin Portis and challenge Samuel to a fight for the number 22. Remember Portis told that safety he would fight him for 26. The safety ended up getting cut.:rocker:
Sam Bam. 'nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said in a prior post, I don't care if be wears 139, or 62B, who cares, as long as he becomes a hall fo famer. I wanna hear the announcers say "#39 runs for an 80 yard Super Bowl (SB 41 I mean) TD". But this year I want it to be Maroney instead of the Steelers fast Willie Parker (who wears #39).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST