PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why I'm A Fan Of Marquice Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coler no cole there are no shut down corners or safety's in the Nfla no there never will be again. The nfl has designed the rule book to be sure of that.

Now is cole a top player, I don't know I don't think he plays enough to know that, but you can find faults in any defenders play on any given week because that's what the nfl wants, they set the rules that way.

I'm blown away when people think that we should have top depth for all positions, no one does and again the nfl makes sure no team does.

Top depth at all positions?? The Patriots don't have top starters at many positions on defense. Talib is about it. What's so troublesome is the injuries on D should be impacting their ability to stop the run. Belichick has spent a ton of draft picks and money trying to shore up that pass D and they still stink.
Why was Donta Hightower drafted??
Already had Mayo and Spikes as run stopping LB's. What was the point??? These are the decisions that have kept this D in suck mode for years.

That is the worst response ever, so basically every decision BB makes is correct?

Cole is a nice backup to a backup but should never see meaningful snaps because this happens Patriots snaps: CB Marquice Cole targeted quickly - ESPN Boston

The other coaches who study film know what kind of player he is.

Your first sentence is a hyperventilating D-.

Of course BB makes personnel mistakes. He doesn't however, go out and praise players he's had for 2 seasons who are continually bad.

You then somehow do a 180 and agree with the the original theme of this thread with your next 8 words. Make up your mind. No one ever said he is anything near starting cornerback quality. He IS a "nice backup to be a backup". Obviously, you missed the point about him being a good #48 on a 53 man roster.

Last edited:
Those who are not the prone to kneejerking over one play ('The Ghost had a bad game after 13 good ones - - cut him!') may gain something from this part of the Globe piece previously mentioned:

"But most of the time, Belichick noted, Cole has had to play cornerback in a game without th"e benefit of practice snaps, and he’s responded to the challenge.

“He learns quickly and he’s a pretty instinctive player. Just a lot of times we’ve thrown him in there the last couple years without maybe a lot of practice reps, somebody has gotten hurt during a game or whatever, and he goes in there and has just done a good job,” Belichick said. “I think he’s a valuable guy to have; he’s helped us out a lot.”

Your first sentence is a hyperventilating D-.

Of course BB makes personnel mistakes. He doesn't however, go out and praise players he's had for 2 seasons who are continually bad.

You then somehow do a 180 and agree with the the original theme of this thread with your next 8 words. Make up your mind. No one ever said he is anything near starting cornerback quality. He IS a "nice backup to be a backup". Obviously, you missed the point about him being a good #48 on a 53 man roster.

I have a history and long track record of missing the point, you are likely correct on this one as well. If you listen to BB he will make the 2008 Lions (0-16) sound like the 85 Bears. I don't doubt that he respects Cole as a professional veteran but he also cut him several times.

So in the end, good guy, BB likes him, serviceable special teamer but really just a JAG.

I have a history and long track record of missing the point, you are likely correct on this one as well. If you listen to BB he will make the 2008 Lions (0-16) sound like the 85 Bears. I don't doubt that he respects Cole as a professional veteran but he also cut him several times.

So in the end, good guy, BB likes him, serviceable special teamer but really just a JAG.

Agreed, CST, no one said he is starter material.

BTW, he was cut this earlier this year with a wink when he pulled his hammy, and was resigned the very next week. Same thing happened to Banta-Cain when he was a double digit sack guy. I won't go into how many times it happened to Ventrone (who is now doing quite well in SF).

BTW, earlier in this thread we already disproved sweet-talking NEXT WEEK'S OPPONENTS (not the 2008 Lions five years later - he will now tell anyone how terrible they were) as an "apples and oranges" comparison to hiring and keeping someone on your own roster and then going into detail to praise them.

There is a difference between "No, honey, that dress doesn't make you look fat" and "I'm glad I made that stock investment, it paid off well and met my expectations".

Last edited:
That works, happy holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes