PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Green to Miami could mean someone like Lynch falls to the Pats

I think the most interesting part of your list of scenarios is the Culpepper to Oakland part.

Could Culpepper and Moss be reunited. I say, yes, but not for long. After all, if Oakland gets Culpepper, that means they will draft Calvin Johnson and thus be more inspired to trade Moss.

IT would be interesting though to see if that combo could rekindle the magic.

to be honest, i kinda forgot about all of that
that would be very interesting to see if they could bring each other back to what they once were, or even a fraction at that

So every move that happens in the nfl has a domino effect, some more than others
the trade of trent green could have a HUGE domino effect on the league
lets say that with the move culpepper is released
and lets also say for arguments sake that culpepper is then picked up by oakland, and they then select calvin johnson
what could happen because of that is a selection of adrian peterson by tampa bay, and a trade of cadillac williams
let's say that the team that trades for cadillac was the team that was gonna take lynch (buffalo? green bay? tennesse? giants?)
with dillon and turner (maybe) still goin to one of those teams, lynch could fall if all this happens
of course there are numerous other possibilities that could happen because of this move

I just don't see Lynch being successful in the NFL. He's got a very wierd running style where his legs flail out to the sides behind him. that actually makes him an easier target to tackle, in my opinion. I think that Lynch is goign to be a bust.

Personally, I wouldn't have any problem if they took Lynch. I think he is going to be a stud, I believe they need better insurance relative to a Maroney injury and I think it would be a great combination that would really cause problems for defenses. Having two top flight backs I think is the way to go in the modern day NFL with the size of defenders and the injuries backs can get.

Morris is a solid player, but lets face facts, if Maroney went down for the year....which is always possible, they are not winning the Super Bowl with Morris. Draft Lynch and you're all set. Plus with another first rounder, they can address other areas.

Like I said, no problem at all if they did that. It would be great value, Lynch is a top 15 talent.

J D Sal

Personally, I wouldn't have any problem if they took Lynch. I think he is going to be a stud, I believe they need better insurance relative to a Maroney injury and I think it would be a great combination that would really cause problems for defenses. Having two top flight backs I think is the way to go in the modern day NFL with the size of defenders and the injuries backs can get.

Morris is a solid player, but lets face facts, if Maroney went down for the year....which is always possible, they are not winning the Super Bowl with Morris. Draft Lynch and you're all set. Plus with another first rounder, they can address other areas.

Like I said, no problem at all if they did that. It would be great value, Lynch is a top 15 talent.

J D Sal

Lynch is going to be an absolute bust. And, I disagree with your assessment of sammy morris. If maroney goes down, I believe Morris along with Faulk could get the job done. Hell, I have seen this team overcome so many obstacles these last 5 yrs. that I believe they could do it. However, if we select another RB in round one, that could seriously hurt this team in the future. You just dont waste a high pick on a stupid choice like that. There are needs for us all over the field, but rb in rd one isnt one of them, and thats why BB wont do it.

Lynch is going to be an absolute bust.

Why is Lynch going to be a bust?

The similiarities between Maroney and Lynch are striking.

Height
------------
Maroney - 5'11
Lynch - 5'11

Weight
------------
Maroney - 217
Lynch - 215

40 yard dash
------------
Maroney - 4.48
Lynch - 4.46

Vertical jump
------------
Maroney - 36
Lynch- 35 1/2

Broad jump
------------
Maroney - 10'3"
Lynch - 10'5"

Production in college
------------
Maroney - 660 rushing attempts, 3,933 yards, 6.0 yards per carry average, 32 rushing TD's
Lynch - 490 rushing attempts, 3,230 yards, 6.6 yards per carry average, 29 rushing TD's

Both can return kickoffs. If we had both of these guys healthy then we would never lose a step. Maroney tired? Put in Lynch who is basically the exact same type of runner Maroney is. They can rotate on kickoffs.

Tony Hunt if he is their at 3 or dwayne wright in 6th is my projection.The 2 back system is getting too over blown.You always need a primary back and a secondary back who gets less carries then your primary back.Running game is also rhythm based so the primary will get most carries in the first quater and then in the 2nd quater go more towards a 50/50 split.

Last edited:
maroney is the featured franchise back , they arentgoing to draft another in the first round

It's 2004. Graham is the featured franchise TE, they aren't going to draft another in the first round. :bricks:

ok
so another scenario could happen
cleveland calls, having past on peterson in the first
says they'll give us their second and next yrs first for number 24 so they can take lynch

And get past both the Giants and Packers. Ha, I think he will be a bust anyway unless he goes to Green Bay.

And get past both the Giants and Packers. Ha, I think he will be a bust anyway unless he goes to Green Bay.

Why is Green Bay the only city where he could possibly succeed as a RB? Just wondering here as that sounds like a rather odd statement...

Last edited:
Hmmmmm lets trade away the rookie of the year since he had injury problems in his sophmore season and pick up another runningback in the top 5 whose unproven and has an even worse injury history than cadillac, genius!

Hmmmmm lets trade away the rookie of the year since he had injury problems in his sophmore season and pick up another runningback in the top 5 whose unproven and has an even worse injury history than cadillac, genius!

Maroney wasn't even close to being rookie of the year and he had injury problems in his rookie season. Lynch missed two games due to injury in his entire collegiate career.

Last edited:
Maroney wasn't even close to being rookie of the year and he had injury problems in his rookie season. Lynch missed two games due to injury in his entire collegiate career.

You mis-read what he said. He was NOT referring to Maroney. He was referring to Cadillac Williams.

Also, while Lynch only missed 2 whole games, he also missed parts of several others to injury. Including a bad back and sprained ankle.

You mis-read what he said. He was NOT referring to Maroney. He was referring to Cadillac Williams.

Also, while Lynch only missed 2 whole games, he also missed parts of several others to injury. Including a bad back and sprained ankle.

Ohhh ok. My mistake. I see now. He's talking about about the Bucs drafting Adrian Peterson... I think.

BTW, Maroney had a slight problem with his ankle in his Gopher days.

it actually wasnt my idea
i heard rumors about it a couple weeks ago
its prob untrue
but im jus tryin to take certain moves one step further and see how they COULD impact the rest of the league

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back