Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This threads will continue until Tebow (and his fans) find another NFL or CFL team, or Arena League I guess.

Meh, you might just have to wait until next season for that to happen :)

When we first signed Tebow, I admit, for some nonsensical reason I was a little excited. I didn't want him to get a single snap, I didn't want to pull Tom off the field to run any gimmicky crap, but I still thought it was cool he was a Patriot.

Honestly, we're not even into the 3rd week of Preseason and I'm already Tebow'ed out.

Over it.

This is Tom and Bill's team. Just want to go back to that. It's a real great team - the envy of the league.

Let's cut this guy and go back to that.

It's almost week #1! New England Autumn is settling in. Air is getting cooler. It's just about that time.

Time to drop Tebowmania get back to Patriot business
4rings4Brady!

Tom Brady - Greatest of All Time 2012 [HD] - YouTube

!!!!

When we first signed Tebow, I admit, for some nonsensical reason I was a little excited. I didn't want him to get a single snap, I didn't want to pull Tom off the field to run any gimmicky crap, but I still thought it was cool he was a Patriot.

Hey, I admit it, I was excited when we signed Tebow. I genuinely like the guy but he just plain sucks. I catch myself wanting him to have a great performance in the preseason but am amazed at how bad he his.

I still catch myself rooting for the guy but he hasn't earned a spot on the team. He brings nothing.

i had some hopes but now...not so much anymore

let's see what will happen but in the first 2 preseason games he playied so bad

i have not seen any progress infortunately

I notice you like to skip some of the top performers to make Tebow look better

3 cone drill for instance... "Off the charts" Matt Scott was a whole 3/100 of a second slower. Try stopping a stop watch within 3/100ths of a second..bet you can't. In other words it's negligible.

His "amazing" vertical is 4th best in the last several years.

Brad Smith grades out better than Tebow by that kind of crap and there aren't too many qbs who have ever played as bad. Also, don't give me that crap about him winning. He had 4 completions in the playoffs against the Patriots until about half way through the 4th when the Pats were playing the scrubs and only managed a few more completions. He's awful.

The post appeared in a side discussion where some wouldn't concede that Tebow is physically gifted. He clearly is. So is Brad Smith.

The point was not that physically gifted equates to good quarterback, or winning, or completions. Sometimes we have to keep things separate in our heads, to have any kind of discussion.

You do realise it's tongue in cheek?

Yes, the original article on the original site is a parody.

The fact that a Tebow fan site copied it from the said parody site verbatim and reported it as news without any reference to it being a parody is kind of freakin hilarious.

As is the headline saying "Tim Tebow won his second preseason game" after the steaming pile of equine excrement that he left on the field.

Oh wait... I forgot. QB's win games. Everybody knows that. So Tebow won that game. Yay!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Yes, the original article on the original site is a parody.

The fact that a Tebow fan site copied it from the said parody site verbatim and reported it as news is kind of freakin hilarious.

As is the headline saying "Tim Tebow won his second preseason game" after the steaming pile of equine excrement that he left on the field.

Oh wait... I forgot. QB's win games. Everybody knows that. So Tebow won that game. Yay!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

It looks like the fansite is just collating Tebow news. There was a post there saying that Tebow shouldn't make the 53.

It looks like the fansite is just collating Tebow news. There was a post there saying that Tebow shouldn't make the 53.

Well- I will admit I noticed the link to the parody site after I posted. If it was the Onion or Sportspickle it would have been a little more obvious I think. Still comical that the site just grabbed it as is it despite all the nonsense in there.

Well- I will admit I noticed the link to the parody site after I posted. If it was the Onion or Sportspickle it would have been a little more obvious I think. Still comical that the site just grabbed it as it despite all the nonsense in there.

I don't know but I found this pretty compelling:

8. Tebow is a better role model. Tebow is a practicing Christian. Brady is Catholic. Tebow is a virgin. Brady has had a child out of wedlock (with actress Bridget Moynahan). Brady is married to a foreigner. American girls apparently just aren’t good enough for Tom Brady.

I don't know but I found this pretty compelling:

"American girls aren't good enough for Brady"

Yeah to think he's playing for a team named the PATRIOTs and he "married a foreigner"! What a scandal!

The post appeared in a side discussion where some wouldn't concede that Tebow is physically gifted. He clearly is. So is Brad Smith.

The point was not that physically gifted equates to good quarterback, or winning, or completions. Sometimes we have to keep things separate in our heads, to have any kind of discussion.

I would say anyone play football in the NFL is physically gifted; in some form or another anyway, or at the very least compared to me :couch2:

Well- I will admit I noticed the link to the parody site after I posted. If it was the Onion or Sportspickle it would have been a little more obvious I think. Still comical that the site just grabbed it as is it despite all the nonsense in there.

It's an aggregator site, just feeding articles with any mention of Tebow. Not even sure it's being curated. All mentions, negative and joking, are getting pushed into that feed and driving traffic to those spam news links that you see everywhere.

For some reason, somebody thought they could get net traffic by re-spamming any article that mentioned Tebow. Like your link.

Fourth quarterback? It's got to sting when non controversial writer Reiss comes out and says it (almost).

5. Quarterback. Seems unlikely the team would bring in a fourth signal-caller at this point, but No. 3 quarterback Tim Tebow struggled Friday in three primary areas quarterbacks are evaluated -- accuracy, decision-making and moving the offense/scoring points.
New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes