Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After taking a full day to stew on it.....

Holy hell, that was awful. He still has plenty of good attributes to be a roster consideration, but when you become that awful in passing, what the hell can a person say?! He's become as awful as his naysayers always hoped he would be.

I think he just got too caught up with the notion that he had to "reinvent" his passing skills, throwing motion 'n all. It looks like he has so much crap swimming in his head right now, that he can't even pass the ball on a basic level any more. And after a performance like that, I doubt he has the luxury of a season or three to get his head out of his butt.

It bums me out, because I like the specific combo of skills he brings to the table (1 man power run game, deep ball, clutch, step up under pressure), but if he can't get throwing back to basic competence, I don't see how he can play in any pro league.

I'll always root for the guy, but when you start playing that badly, it quickly becomes a matter of put up, or shut up. The series of events that his career started with were pretty damn terrible (McD fired, playing for Fox, dumped by Elway, playing for Rex,...), but at the end of the day he still has to overcome it and play at least on an adequate level.

He still has plenty of good attributes to be a roster consideration,

So if people are nice and work hard and are athletic, they should be considered for an NFL roster?

Thank you for the positive spin in a sea of well deserved negativity .

Hey man, Stop hating, Tebow had a combined 29 yards last night. Hes the next terry bradshaw.

Tebow needs to be cut. Last night's performance vs. the Bucs was the worst I've ever seen in almost 50 years of watching football. I can understand that he may have some value as a scout team qb before they play read option teams, but does this warrant a roster spot? I don't think so. If that's the case, why don't they just hire him as a coaching assistant.

Tebow needs to be cut. Last night's performance vs. the Bucs was the worst I've ever seen in almost 50 years of watching football. I can understand that he may have some value as a scout team qb before they play read option teams, but does this warrant a roster spot? I don't think so. If that's the case, why don't they just hire him as a coaching assistant.

makes no sense to cut im now...they need thre QBs in pre season o Brady can get hiswrk and then hbget him out. Mallet and Tebw will play most of th games. he will be cut though just not now but in the end

You might be right

Iron I do not see it as a negative honestly; when Tebow is cut on Aug 31st he will be in a better place than he was when he got here, he will leave with the ability to take everything he learned from Brady, Belichick, and McDaniels with him, he can continue to work on the things they’ve had him working on for the last 2 months, and if they resign him to a futures contract in the first week in Jan he will be able to work with the staff and trainers for 6 months before mandatory OTA’s take place. That means whether it is continuing to work as a quarterback or he switches to another position he will have the time he needs to prepare for the 2014 season.

Nobody is denying that Tebow has good athletic ability and is a superior competitor; my beef with Tebow fans has always been the expectation that he deserved a roster spot simply for being Tim Tebow. Whenever the question was raised about why he deserved a roster spot every argument was based around what he did 2-3 years ago, which ignore the reality that in the time since his playoff loss to us in 2011 playoffs something has happened to Tebow; if I had to guess I would say being traded out of Denver and then what he experienced in NY has dismantled him mentally and his confidence is nonexistent, but like I said that is just my opinion, no matter what it is the reality is 60 days in the Patriots organization was not going to fix him, so with that in mind if he made the roster he would be taking a spot from a player who was more deserving of the spot, and that to me is not fair, I know it sucks that Tebow had a tough couple of years but a player like Bolden or another guy who clearly outperformed Tebow should not have to suffer because of what happen to him elsewhere.

I hope Tebow figures his **** out; but even if he doesn’t the kid is in a really good place in his life just the same, I would gather to bet he is in a better place than anyone in this forum petitioning for him; he will have other opportunities in football either as a player or a coach, so let’s just look at the positives that are out there for this kid and stop trying to make him something he was never going to be.

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/368737609385656322
‏@BenVolin tweeted the following below

Belichick & McDaniels signed Tebow knowing he's a project. What he does during the week has far greater impact than what he does in games

so besides getting a job as a writer, what are his qualifications in making that statement? There are other people at the Globe who disagree with that and they have an equally "impressive" football background. In other words, everyone has an opinion. His has no weight either.

I'd be pissed off as a receiver if I were fighting for a job and Tebow was throwing me the ball. You might as well pack your bags because if and I say if Tebow throws the ball, it's probably not going to be in the same zip code.

Hey man, Stop hating, Tebow had a combined 29 yards last night. Hes the next terry bradshaw.

Haha yeah, great rebuttal to the argument nobody is making.

Man, I cannot wait for what happens in this thread when Teebs is on the final 53.

so besides getting a job as a writer, what are his qualifications in making that statement? There are other people at the Globe who disagree with that and they have an equally "impressive" football background. In other words, everyone has an opinion. His has no weight either.

First, dont bother wasting your time. These idiots are so brainwashed nothing you could show them would be justification for denying Teblow isnt a God given gift to the football world.

Holy hell, that was awful. ...
I think he just got too caught up with the notion that he had to "reinvent" his passing skills, throwing motion 'n all. It looks like he has so much crap swimming in his head right now, that he can't even pass the ball on a basic level any more. And after a performance like that, I doubt he has the luxury of a season or three to get his head out of his butt.

This is what I've been saying. I think this honestly is Josh McD's Pygmalion project, and everything else is "can we find a way to think of it as worth doing until he's fixed... if he's getting fixed."

The reason he's in such a haze is that instead of doing what comes natural, he has to do what he's supposed to be learning to do. It's not easy.

Odds are getting longer.

Maybe they'll do the post-season pickup. Of course (god I hate to get the Tebowites going but...) what if he plays lights-out in mop up duty in 3 or for a half in game 4?

:)

Buck up lil' buddies, could still happen!

This is what I've been saying. I think this honestly is Josh McD's Pygmalion project, and everything else is "can we find a way to think of it as worth doing until he's fixed... if he's getting fixed."

nah...I think it's more like THIS...Pig Alien

alien%5Bpigfarm-22.jpg

Haha yeah, great rebuttal to the argument nobody is making.

Man, I cannot wait for what happens in this thread when Teebs is on the final 53.

Really? because i just read someone who said essentially that you have to take into account the 30 yards he ran for.

Why are you still defending tebow?

If anyone is watching Seattle/Denver....Russell Wilson displays the proper form for throwing on the run in either direction with touch and accuracy...watch his footwork...Tebow should spend a month in the film room studying Wilson's footwork.

First, dont bother wasting your time. These idiots are so brainwashed nothing you could show them would be justification for denying Teblow isnt a God given gift to the football world.

It's kind funny, y'know... Even when everybody's on pretty much the same page on this topic, you still manage to find imaginary opponents to harass and argue with. Bravo.

It's kind funny, y'know... Even when everybody's on pretty much the same page on this topic, you still manage to find imaginary opponents to harass and argue with. Bravo.

Imagine that. I post the word "idiot" and voila...

Really? because i just read someone who said essentially that you have to take into account the 30 yards he ran for.

Taking account a 30 yard run = he's Terry Bradshaw? There's hyperbole and then there's your dumb post.

Why are you still defending tebow?

I've been honest in my assessment of his play so far - other than 2 mediocre series he's been awful - but if I'm defending him it's because he's a New England Patriot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents