PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Brady is better than Peyton for newbies

That 7-7 record, which you're apparently mocking as pedestrian, is still better than Manning's 9-11 career record. And also Manning's SB year where he threw for 2 TD and 7 INT in the postseason.

But discounting 10 playoff wins and three SB titles is definitely objective, at any rate. :rolleyes:

Don't get sensitive on me Susy. If you want to be truly objective you can roll your eyes all you want. The fact is in the last 14 playoff games Tom is 7-7. He is 0-2 in Super Bowls averaging 15.5 points a game with the greatest offense in the NFL.

I asked a legit question. As a 40 year season ticket holder I've earned that right. Didn't mock anything.

I just want to understand what the thoughts were since 2005. Better stats, but pedestrian post season results. Ok. Almost Peytonesque I'd say. Thats a fact.

3 straight passes (dump-offs ) to JR freakin Redmond to start/save the drive. anybody worried about the wrs should re-watch that 3 times ha ha

Also, is there any doubt in anybody's mind that the rams would have got that grounding call if the Pats had already won 3x in the previous 8 years (a la vs Gints).

I'm trying to wrap my head around that silly argument...

So you (Rick Sanford 25) want to throw out Tom Brady's three most successful years with regards to postseason accomplishments, then you supposedly argue that after such gyrations, Tom is still better than Peyton, but it's closer.

:crazy:

What if we then try to compare apples to apples and thus also throw out Peyton Manning's three most successful years with regards to postseason accomplishments?

Then we'd be comparing Manning at 1-9 to Brady at 7-7.

Or we could throw out nothing and compare Manning at 9-11 to Brady at 17-7.

Your choice. But you cannot carve away one guys career, fairly, without doing it to the other.

Peyton is Gator bait. No explanation needed. Peyton helping win games in the NFL says more about his team (decent team) and the NFL (mostly boring teams) than Peyton being good. Does Peyton deserve to be in the HOF? Why? He's not clutch or exciting to watch. He's a classless QB bot.

Brady? Now that's a classy clutch QB.

Don't get sensitive on me Susy. If you want to be truly objective you can roll your eyes all you want. The fact is in the last 14 playoff games Tom is 7-7. He is 0-2 in Super Bowls averaging 15.5 points a game with the greatest offense in the NFL.

I asked a legit question. As a 40 year season ticket holder I've earned that right. Didn't mock anything.

I just want to understand what the thoughts were since 2005. Better stats, but pedestrian post season results. Ok. Almost Peytonesque I'd say. Thats a fact.

Horrible game in 2005 (pick in the endzone stands out)
Defensive collapse and horrible officiating (face guarding call, really?) in 2006
Injuries in 2007
DNP 2008
Injuries/talent in 2009
Bonehead plays in 2010
Injuries in 2011
Injuries/talent/poor play in 2012

One can easily, and honestly, argue that the defensive collapse in '06 (when the defenders reportedly were sick and couldn't keep playing in the second half), probably cost TFB a Lombardi.

One can easily, and honestly, argue that injuries to Brady, Neal and the TE's in '07 cost TFB a Lombardi. One can also point to a non-penalty call for what should have been a hold on the Giants last TD drive, a blown INT by Samuel, and/or a helmet catch by a stiff who was soon out of the league.

One can easily, and honestly, argue that the injury to Gronk was the difference in 2011, and that a healthy Gronk would have led to another Lombardi. Obviously, the Welker drop could also be cited.

Brady's played well enough, post-2004, that one can legitimately argue he could possibly have won another 3 Lombardis but for injury timing, even independent of any plays that could have been made by healthy players.

That's nowhere near Peytonesque.

Reason why TB is better than PM # 59:

The list of things you will NEVER hear TB say:

'If it wasnt for that idiot kicker we would have won the game.'

'I had a tough time because the OL didnt protect me.'

'I can only throw the ball, I cant catch it too ' (ok, well Gisele would say that too.)

Feel free to pile-on........:bricks:

But still better than Manning. Which is the point of this thread.

One, at 19 posts excuse everyone for thinking you are a newbie or Peyton apologizer troll.

Two, one can say as Bruschi, Harrison, et al., got old they were not replaced and the team became the New England Colts (In that their offense carried them.) Only difference was they went 7-7 not, what was it 9-11?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back