PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whoa! M. Lombardi Publicly Outs The Real Reason Behind Fisher's Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it only me or did Fisher look like
1) A hobo on the sidelines
2) The loser relative that lives in the back shed
3) The guy that sells seafood out of his cooler by the side of the road (a Florida thing)
I said in the gameday thread that he looks like he honestly has a drinking problem. Complete mental disorganization by someone whose job is to be organized.

Skip Bayless said something that got my attention (I know, shocked me too) when he mentioned Jeff Fisher is one of those coaches who is cool with reporters. He, and I'm paraphrasing, "gives them inside information". That didn't surprise me and I don't blame the reporters for getting info anyway they can through all the channels they can.

But this is exactly why BB (and the Patriots by proxy or extension) is treated the way he is via the media. He doesn't give the full story, or he gives enough but not to the satisfaction of the reporter. He answers questions in a way that rubs them the wrong way and doesn't give any Rex Ryan-ish soundbites to be played on the 11pm SportsCenter. BB does it his way, not the league way and **** anyone who has an opinion about it. And you know what, it's worked for 16 years now, despite him not being a popular guy through the league. It makes me love having BB here even more.

It's not just the team's performance.

"Danny and Bob" are great running backs.....

"Where's my flag??" "Hey Ref....can I verbally throw the challenge flag??"

"Goff did well........Brady threw an incompletion too? "

What a clown.
Is a verbal challenge even allowed?

The whole flag getting stuck in his jacket incident from yesterday sums things up with Fisher perfectly.

It was so odd. With the jacket, he looked like he was stumbling towards the checkout line at the Qwik-Mart in February trying to find some loose change so he could buy a pack of smokes and scratch tickets.

0ap3000000750772_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

Last edited:
It is all about making your boss happy to get extended. What this really demonstrates is that Kronke is one of those owners who is the atypical "32". He is in it for the money and the 'being in the special club' and that is it. He doesn't care about the team competing or the fans being satisfied with the results. He just wants enough folks to fill the seats and turn on the tube.

Fisher supported his goal with that by sucking up to the league enabling Kronke to move to a major market with thousands of fans who don't really pay attention to standings anyway. They will come to be seen or see who else is there. They all won, just the true football fans lose out on getting any kind of quality product.

It was so odd. With the jacket, he looked like he was stumbling towards the checkout line at the Qwik-Mart in February trying to find some loose change so he could buy a pack of smokes and scratch tickets.

View attachment 15005

Around here they call them 'scratchers'. Also they call parmesan cheese 'shake cheese'. The west coast is weird.

Was it only me or did Fisher look like
1) A hobo on the sidelines
2) The loser relative that lives in the back shed
3) The guy that sells seafood out of his cooler by the side of the road (a Florida thing)
I was at the game and watched him a lot through binoculars. He paced back and forth, with his arms crossed, by himself most of the time. In the second half he put a parka on over his hoodie and continued pacing back and forth with his arms crossed. He seemed kind of disengaged, although he was wearing a headset.

They knew before kickoff they flew cross-country to lose. That must be a pretty despairing feeling. Still, the Rams defense played fairly well.

Who are our "allies"? New Orleans?

That depends. If we are talking about Brady and the Patriots the allies are few and only Payton has had the balls to back them publically, but if we are talking about getting rid of Goodell our allies are vast as most teams have fans who hate Goodell, and the proof is in the reception he gets at The Draft every year. Unfortunately the only people who actually support him write his filthy fat assed checks, and getting them to turn on him is a high bar to reach. We do however have his s words to fall back on, as his most common refrain is that the NFL is all about "giving the fans what they want. ". Maybe if we are loud enough and clear enough we can someday get them to give us his head on a pike.

I don't know technically but I suppose it is.
On Zolak's radio show today, that question arose. According to them, verbal challenges are permissible.

I've said it so many time but Fisher is a Music City Miracle away from having been out of the league a decade or better ago. Nobody have gotten more mileage out of one SB appearance.
Gruden actually got the trophy and didn't last that long relatively.

Skip Bayless said something that got my attention (I know, shocked me too) when he mentioned Jeff Fisher is one of those coaches who is cool with reporters. He, and I'm paraphrasing, "gives them inside information". That didn't surprise me and I don't blame the reporters for getting info anyway they can through all the channels they can.

But this is exactly why BB (and the Patriots by proxy or extension) is treated the way he is via the media. He doesn't give the full story, or he gives enough but not to the satisfaction of the reporter. He answers questions in a way that rubs them the wrong way and doesn't give any Rex Ryan-ish soundbites to be played on the 11pm SportsCenter. BB does it his way, not the league way and **** anyone who has an opinion about it. And you know what, it's worked for 16 years now, despite him not being a popular guy through the league. It makes me love having BB here even more.

Yea BB truly doesn't give a **** lol

The consequence is that the media creates scandals around him and constantly treat him and the team in a negative light. I wouldn't put it past them to triple down on the "gate" stuff if the Pats are going up against the Cowboys or Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News