PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whoa! M. Lombardi Publicly Outs The Real Reason Behind Fisher's Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unbelievable - - Mike is great. Blows open the business-incestuous reason for Jeff Fisher's extension. This is a public, almost violent BB-Through-Proxy revenge hit-job. Bill is the Godfather.

He publicly airs the league kiss up angle too.

Time to Google the name Kevin Demoff!!! :D

Enjoy!

Last edited:
This is savage. A comprehensive take down of a coach, an ownership and a franchise.

It's probably too long to go viral but you would wish the average fan of every team would watch this so they could see and understand the mediocrity of the Rams and how much this sport is a business.

It's not just the team's performance.

"Danny and Bob" are great running backs.....

"Where's my flag??" "Hey Ref....can I verbally throw the challenge flag??"

"Goff did well........Brady threw an incompletion too? "

What a clown.

When Belichick leaves the sidelines, he should open a management company that runs the football operations of five disfunctional teams. Set up shop on Nantucket.....10 Rings can be his war room/vessel. With just 20% focus, he could do a better job than the front offices of the Rams, Browns, Jags, JESTs, Bears. Each team pays him $20 million, and he will run their ops.

Or BB can run solo and just offer his services on a consulting basis. Hillary charged $250,000 / hour....BB's worth more.

It's not just the team's performance.

"Danny and Bob" are great running backs.....

"Where's my flag??" "Hey Ref....can I verbally throw the challenge flag??"

"Goff did well........Brady threw an incompletion too? "

What a clown.
Was it only me or did Fisher look like
1) A hobo on the sidelines
2) The loser relative that lives in the back shed
3) The guy that sells seafood out of his cooler by the side of the road (a Florida thing)

When Belichick leaves the sidelines, he should open a management company that runs the football operations of five disfunctional teams. Set up shop on Nantucket.....10 Rings can be his war room/vessel. With just 20% focus, he could do a better job than the front offices of the Rams, Browns, Jags, JESTs, Bears. Each team pays him $20 million, and he will run their ops.

Or BB can run solo and just offer his services on a consulting basis. Hillary charged $250,000 / hour....BB's worth more.

BB once consulted the jets.

images

3) The guy that sells seafood out of his cooler by the side of the road (a Florida thing)

Too funny.

Dude! My exact words during the game were, "He looks like he woke up to do some fishing today and someone told him the game is on in five minutes!"

To which he replied, "Oh ****, I'm still coach?"

My favorite quote from here: Reactions from LA to Patriots' 26-10 Victory over Rams - PatsFans.com

Nothing new for Teflon Fisher. He’s coached 22 years with only six winning seasons and three losses away from having more than any other head coach in NFL history. When a nuclear explosion rids the world of humanity, there will only be Jeff Fisher organizing a group of 53 ****roaches into a 7-9 insect football team.

A bit of a joke this, but what I came away with is that the League and roughly 29 other teams are mad at the Patriots for being "try hards".

Enforcing parity is forcing mediocrity. We deserve better as fans.

I hope there is a massive boycott by LA Rams fans until they fire his ass. Football deserves better.
I'm not in the habit of quoting NFL reporters, but:
The problem isn’t that the people running the NFL are stupid. They think everyone else is stupid. That’s the problem.
Ref: Curran: In Brown case, NFL -- again -- asleep at the investigatory switch

If the Rams fans keep showing up then the people running the NFL are right, they are stupid.

This is a 20 minute clip, can someone summarize?
It was a real slagging off of Fischer and Kronke and the entire Rams organization, on-field and off.

Mike Lombardi's main point is that by getting in front of the Hard Knocks camera and saying the Rams aren't a 7-9 team, or even a 9-7 team, Fischer in essence "fired himself", meaning he set the standard to judge him by, and that is the standard that should be used. Of course, he's not meeting that standard, yet he's getting a 2 year extension. It makes no sense to anybody on the show.

Lombardi pointed out how the most talented coaches often don't get the jobs, the most "electable" coaches get the jobs. He pointed out that Fischer is influential within the league and that is good when you're a relative newbie like Kronke who probably feels uncomfortable till the new stadium is up and running.

He also pointed out that Kevin Demoff (Rams Exec VP / COO) is the son of super-agent Marvin Demoff who has represented Fisher since he came out of college. He said that due to these things Kevin Demoff is in no position to be able to judge Fisher's performance.

TL;DR: Handbags were thrown.

A bit of a joke this, but what I came away with is that the League and roughly 29 other teams are mad at the Patriots for being "try hards".

Enforcing parity is forcing mediocrity. We deserve better as fans.

Who are our "allies"? New Orleans?

I'm not in the habit of quoting NFL reporters, but:

Ref: Curran: In Brown case, NFL -- again -- asleep at the investigatory switch

If the Rams fans keep showing up then the people running the NFL are right, they are stupid.

It was a real slagging off of Fischer and Kronke and the entire Rams organization, on-field and off.

Mike Lombardi's main point is that by getting in front of the Hard Knocks camera and saying the Rams aren't a 7-9 team, or even a 9-7 team, Fischer in essence "fired himself", meaning he set the standard to judge him by, and that is the standard that should be used. Of course, he's not meeting that standard, yet he's getting a 2 year extension. It makes no sense to anybody on the show.

Lombardi pointed out how the most talented coaches often don't get the jobs, the most "electable" coaches get the jobs. He pointed out that Fischer is influential within the league and that is good when you're a relative newbie like Kronke who probably feels uncomfortable till the new stadium is up and running.

He also pointed out that Kevin Demoff (Rams Exec VP / said that due to these things Kevin Demoff is in no position to be able to judge Fisher's performance.

TL;DR: Handbags were thrown.
Many thanks!

And in future news, after 1 year in the New Imbecilic Football League, Jeff Fisher's Ewes went 6-10. The league hopes to add a 2nd team next year.

When it comes to jobs, what happens in the NFL is what happens all over corporate america and other organizations.

Its not what you know, its who you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back