PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whoa! M. Lombardi Publicly Outs The Real Reason Behind Fisher's Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game and watched him a lot through binoculars. He paced back and forth, with his arms crossed, by himself most of the time. In the second half he put a parka on over his hoodie and continued pacing back and forth with his arms crossed. He seemed kind of disengaged, although he was wearing a headset.

They knew before kickoff they flew cross-country to lose. That must be a pretty despairing feeling. Still, the Rams defense played fairly well.

You forgot the rest of the story...you know...the part where you were on him from the kickoff to the end of the half walkoff...and then the rest of the game? I was actually beginning to fear for poor Jeff Fisher's life...well, not really. I can't stand him almost as much as you can't....

Yea BB truly doesn't give a **** lol

The consequence is that the media creates scandals around him and constantly treat him and the team in a negative light. I wouldn't put it past them to triple down on the "gate" stuff if the Pats are going up against the Cowboys or Giants

They won a SB during Defakegate so ****dell and his minions can do whatever they want...BB will always have his teams razor focused and determined to do their jobs. That's the biggest difference between him and a jabroni like Jeff Fisher or John Harbaugh. They'd rather complain and cry about what the Patriots do rather than improve their teams or "read the rulebook".

Skip Bayless said something that got my attention (I know, shocked me too) when he mentioned Jeff Fisher is one of those coaches who is cool with reporters. He, and I'm paraphrasing, "gives them inside information". That didn't surprise me and I don't blame the reporters for getting info anyway they can through all the channels they can.

But this is exactly why BB (and the Patriots by proxy or extension) is treated the way he is via the media. He doesn't give the full story, or he gives enough but not to the satisfaction of the reporter. He answers questions in a way that rubs them the wrong way and doesn't give any Rex Ryan-ish soundbites to be played on the 11pm SportsCenter. BB does it his way, not the league way and **** anyone who has an opinion about it. And you know what, it's worked for 16 years now, despite him not being a popular guy through the league. It makes me love having BB here even more.
Lombardi also called Fisher a "company man" i.e. he can always be counted on to carry the water for the league. It's another big difference between him and BB. BB is thinking about the Patriots and how to beat the other 31 teams, JF should be thinking about the Rams but he isn't.

it wasn't in his jacket, it was in his ***. Same place he pulls his game plans out of every week
I guess if you have ******** coaching abilities it is to be expected you would want to stay away from Red Flags.

Is this really that surprising to anyone?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Is this really that surprising to anyone?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Actually, yes.

I didn't know about the Rams GM being the son of Fischer's agent. Did you?

The Rams are falling apart and the LA fans won't support a team like this. I expect the Rams will lose on Thursday Night Football to Seattle making Fisher the most losing head coach in the history of the NFL. The owner Stan Kroenke should probably fire him then but I imagine he'll wait until the end of the season. Kroenke really doesn't give a F if he allows Fisher to coach next season.

The Rams biggest mistake was moving too soon on trying to get a franchise QB ahead of their move to LA. I know they probably thought they had to make a splash but it it is specious to give up so many draft picks - two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders (the Rams got back a fourth and a sixth too). The Rams didn't learn from the heist they pulled on the Redskins with the RG3 trade, they did exactly the same but to themselves.

Imagine if you've still got all those draft picks and you play out the first season in LA. The Rams by default location become one of the glamour teams in NFL. You can attract any free agent, just imagine the QBs that would want to come and play in LA and lead the team.

The Rams should have waited one more year and traded for Jimmy G and asked Josh to be their new coach. Lucky for us that is unlikely to happen. But Jimmy and Josh as your QB and coach in LA automatically gets a fan base interested and you give up for less picks to make that happen rather than a QB out of college who you have no idea whether he'll be serviceable in the league.

Mike is always a great listen.

That theme song + Shannon Sharpe's voice on the other hand... :eek:

I honestly cannot listen to his voice, it's too grating.

Sharpe kind of smacks his lips when he speaks.

Actually, yes.

I didn't know about the Rams GM being the son of Fischer's agent. Did you?
not specifically but he has always been a company man and thats why he was always given so much rope

not specifically but he has always been a company man and thats why he was always given so much rope

You're not paying attention. There was a conflict of interest/nepotism angle along with the whole "company man" part. Once THAT hit the national press this week, it was lights out. The PR hit was too much at that point.

Last edited:
If BB's motto is "Do your job", Fisher's is "Keep your job"

There's a difference.

I knew someone at a prior job that worked hard on cigarette breaks to influence managers how hard he was working while planting doubts on co-workers he considered vulnerable. He probably could have spent the same amount of energy just being competent instead. He didn't escape early retirement in a layoff round. :p

This may not exactly match Fisher's behavior, but sometimes you wonder if it's simpler to just be good at what you do.

Just another great lesson from Lombardi

Josh McDaniels could go to the Rams and not face the Patriots for three years. He'd have a first round draftee QB to develop in a lame division. Having Josh across the field could drive Pete Carroll off the deep end. Perfect fit.

I think that Josh will wait for the right job where he can have full control and the team will give him the time to develop his system. I'm not sure if that's the Rams. They do have a decent talent base though.

I stopped listening after the marble-mouthed bonehead started flapping his lips.

He's a bit boisterous but I've listened to him a few times on their new show and he hasn't been that bad.

Of course that's relevant to listening to Felchy and ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes