Texans/Colts
2 of Steelers/Ravens/Bengals

1: Broncos
2: Patriots
3: Texans
4: Bengals
5: Colts
6: Ravens

are my picks but Pittsburgh will be in the hunt if they stay healthy and Miami will as well if Tannehill turns out to be legit.

Same field as last year, slightly different order.

1. Broncos
2. Texans
3. Ravens
4. NE
5. Indy
6. Bengals

OK, in a spirit of (slight) contrarianism:

1. Broncos
2. Colts
3. Patriots
4. Ravens

+

5. Texans
6. Dolphins

I expect the Broncos to steamroller the regular season and am relying on one of the greatest coaches of all time to keep the Patriots solid. I'm predicting an upswing for the Colts over the Texans in the South. I'm not sold on Cincinnati and I agree that the Steelers' window may be closing. I also think that the demise of the Ravens may be being exaggerated. So they get the Central Division. And the well-there's-one-every-season team that over-achieves is the Fins.

Not a cricitism, just really curious of all of the love that the Colts are getting here. They dramatically overperformed their pythagorean W-L last year by winning a bunch of close games in pretty fluky fashion, and they might have had the worst free agency signings of any team: picked up a lot of decent talent for premium prices; basically the anti-Pats.

I just really don't see where the improvement that people are projecting is supposed to come from. I actually expect them to regress from last year's record, even assuming significant improvement by Luck.

Not a cricitism, just really curious of all of the love that the Colts are getting here. They dramatically overperformed their pythagorean W-L last year by winning a bunch of close games in pretty fluky fashion, and they might have had the worst free agency signings of any team: picked up a lot of decent talent for premium prices; basically the anti-Pats.

I just really don't see where the improvement that people are projecting is supposed to come from. I actually expect them to regress from last year's record, even assuming significant improvement by Luck.

So do I. They had a last place opponents' record schedule last season. Now they have a second place one, and much tougher.

They snuck up on a few teams and were also flukey lucky. Not this year.

Patriots
Bengals
Texans
Broncos
Ravens
Colts
Steelers and Chiefs near misses

I'd love to see the Pats take the #1 seed... but I absolutely loathe the schedule this year. Especially the road schedule.

A brutal slate of offensive opponents. So many good offenses are going to test this D... and how good is that D? We don't know yet.

Good post. Also, they had the Chuckstrong motivation. We'll sort of find out this year how good a head coach Pagano is.

I think Luck is probably good enough to help them win another wildcard. Luck seems like he'll progress into a better QB. That, plus the rest of the team not being farcically inept should have them in contention for a WC.

Patriots
Broncos
Steelers
Texans

Ravens
Colts
Dolphins

I can see the Steelers sliding further from last year, but I also think Roethlisberger could surprise a lot of people. He's a likely HOF QB who could show people a thing or two when a lot of folks would probably say he's not as good a QB as Flacco. Plus, they've got Sanders :bricks:

Not to speak for others but, in my case:

Two games against the Titans
Two games against the Jaguars
Games against the AFCW (Raiders/Chiefs/Chargers)
Game against Dolphins
Game against Rams
Game against Bengals
Game against Cardinals

That's a good amount of winnable games before we get to the likes of the Texans/Seahawks/49ers/Broncos. I want to see them in the exhibition games, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until then. I'm going to focus a lot on the Colts and Ravens, because I think both of them should be very interesting to follow.

In order of seeding:
Texans
Patriots
Broncos
Bengals
Ravens
Titans (that's my surprise pick).

Well, it's guesswork and contrarianism on my part.

I guess that I'm impressed that they've established an identity for themselves after the Manning/Polian years. I think it's reasonable to expect Luck to improve further and it's significant that they were getting a lot of contributions from rookies, who may well make a sophomore improvement. Perhaps Coby Fleener will come good for them -- and then there's my binkie, T.Y. Hilton, who's already pretty darned good.

We'll see (no bank accounts were harmed in the making of this thread).

I'm sure there may have been some other comments in the same vein, but I have a strange hunch that the KC Chiefs could be much more competitive with some healthy star players.

Probably not wild card worthy, but I really wouldn't be too surprised to see a nice turnaround in the sense of an 8-8 season.

Playoff teams

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Broncos
Bengals (WC1)
Steelers (WC2)

Teams that will have improved but are still not playoff worthy

Chiefs
Titans
Chargers
Dolphins
Browns

Teams that will have dropped a bit

Colts

Teams that still suck

Jets
Jaguars
Raiders
Bills

Denver
New England
Houston
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
San Diego

Pittsburg/Baltimore both just miss out

The Broncos are the class of the conference, don't even try and say otherwise. They also have the easiest schedule, and should be favored in every game. It's foolish to predict a realistic 16-0, and Manning always has his hiccups. 13-3 seems fair, barring injury.

Injury you say? :rolleyes:

Donkos are the class of the overrated...that part is true.

In no particular order of seeding:

North: Steelers
South: Texans
East: Patriots
West: Broncos
Wild Cards: Bengals & Colts

Ravens, Chargers & Dolphins are on outside looking in.

Patriots & Broncos will both get the first round bye.

AFCE-NE

AFCN-Cincinnatti

AFCS-Houston

AFCW-Denver

WC-Indy

WC-KC

Every team in the AFC has got its warts. I think the shaky interior line situation in Denver could be potentially problematic. Nothing an old immobile QB likes less then pressure right up the gut.

AFCE NE

AFCN Cin

AFCS Hou

AFCW KC

WC INDY
WC Den

Ok, it's the very beginning of training camp, so it's the perfect time for round one of "Who makes the playoffs?" In that light, let's see where people are now, while we're still looking at things basically unseen. 6 teams and, if you like, a couple of near misses. My first take:

Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Broncos
Colts
Bengals

Ravens
Dolphins
Chiefs

wait...i thought the Broncos already won the super bowl? I am so confused. I think ESPN gave them the trophy already...and renamed it the Manning Trophy. :/

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back