Who Ya Got? (AFC version)

Jets
Browns
Titans
KC

WC
Raiders
Bills

wait...i thought the Broncos already won the super bowl? I am so confused. I think ESPN gave them the trophy already...and renamed it the Manning Trophy. :/

Nah that's called MVP bro.

Everyone here is wrong, wrong, wrong! Here's what the playoffs will really look like.

New England Jet Dolphins
Bengals
Jaguars
Chiefs

Chargers
Browns

And there you have it. And yes, England Jet Dolphins will be a team fusion. Don't worry about the quarterbacks from the original Jets and Dolphins, by the way. They all get fired.

Ok, it's the very beginning of training camp, so it's the perfect time for round one of "Who makes the playoffs?" In that light, let's see where people are now, while we're still looking at things basically unseen. 6 teams and, if you like, a couple of near misses. My first take:

Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Broncos
Colts
Bengals

Ravens
Dolphins
Chiefs

That's the right list of nine teams, IMO. I might move the Ravens and/or Dolphins into the top tier after the preseason and I would simply make the list "alphabetical" until that time. But, I'd be surprised if any other team cracked that group...of course that's what folks said about the 5--11 Pats heading into the 2001 season, so this list and $5.00 will get us an overpriced Starbucks Latte. :singing:

1- Broncos
2- Texans
3- Pats
4- Bengals
5- Steelers
6- Dolphins

At this point I see:

AFCE
Patriots win division easily. Anywhere from 11-5 to 14-2
Dolphins are second best, struggling to .500.
Jets and Bill each win somewhere from 3 to 6 games depending on who they hit on the right day, and how the ball bounces

AFN
Not sold on Cincy, think they will slide back to around .500.
Ravens have had a lot of turnover and were pretty mediocre until they got hot and rode it last year.See them somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7 also.
Pittsburgh is a quality organization and a well coached team but don't have the talent to be a SB contender. I see 10 wins and the division.
Browns will upset some people and look like they are going in the right direction with 5-7 wins.

AFCS
Houston peaked and is going the other way but still have enough in a weak division to to win it with 11 wins or so.
The Colts are not as good as last year made them appear and will come back down to .500
Titans are weak at QB and dont have the defense to overcome it and win more than 5-6 games.
Jags are a disaster

AFCW
Play against the NFCE and AFCS so at least 1 wc figures to come out of here.
Broncos take a step back in the reg season but still win the division prior to the next one and done for Manning.
Chiefs benefit from new coach weak schedule and weak division. Should get one wild card based on that.
Chargers should be a surprise because of weak schedule so should be in .500 range.
Raiders are awful.

So to summarze.
Jags and Raiders are hopeless.
Jets, Bills, Browns, Titans are 6 wins or less.

10 teams in the hunt.
Patriots
Steelers
Broncos
Texans
win divisions

Chiefs are one wild card

Bengals, Chargers, Ravens, Dolphins, Colts are all pretty much .500 teams that will fight for the last spot, depending on injuries and how they develop as a team and are coached.
Could be any of them, if I have to chose, I'll go Bengals.

Neither wc team puts up much of a threat.
Some combination of
Texans/Steelers at Patriots/Broncos in the divisional round and whichever goes to Mile High to see Peytononeanddone.9 comes here for the AFCCG

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back