PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who knew SD fans were so annoying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey man - not to offer an apology, but to provide context...

here we are in san diego, sunshine capital, and we for YEARS have been hoping and praying for a winning team. sure, we have the padres, and they flare up from time to time, but, well, their history speaks for itself :cool:

now - this year's chargers. we expected good things, and got really good things from them. every team expected us to fold in the end, and we won home field and a bye week. this is virgin territory for the modern fan...

and then, we had a week off, and quite candidly, the splits of the 2 afc games last week was about a bad as it could have been for us... i would have MUCH rather have played the chiefs or the jets, but then you had to go and ruin that for us...

so - all this adds up to a pent-up, overly excited fan base.

ok. no excuses for rudeness, but i wanted you to have a flavor of the backdrop.

I hear you. Like I said, some of you guys are welcome to come back any time.

The way I approach football is that I am grateful for all of our team's success, and I don't try to mess with karma. I will never go and predict a Pats playoff victory here or elsewhere. I have so much respect for the teams we play, and I think this weekend will be a huge struggle for the Pats. I don't know enough about the Chargers to really say anything intelligent about them, so I ain't gonna do any bragging before the game.

Superficially, I can say that we are usually good against the run, and I think some of your back-up WRs will have a huge game since we will concentrate on Gates and LT.

I also believe we will pick up the pass rush better than some of the trolls here expect, because we are going to be playing 'scared' just a bit. The Pats do better when they 'fear' the opponent a little, it keeps them on their toes. It keeps them focused in practice.

The pats do well on the road this year.

But I honestly think the real key to the game is if Brady's skill players get open. All Brady's supposed struggles and turn overs this year have been due to his new group of skill players trying to get assimiliated.

Frankly, our defense is #2 in points allowed and solid against the run. That will count for something, I hope. Will Brady's skill players be able to make plays against your defense, which is not ranked as high in points allowed???? I don't honestly know the answer to that. And stats are only worth so much in a grudge match like this game. It will be tough for us to pull off.

Take it all with a grain of salt. Thats why it's called "trash talk". The way I look at it is at least both our teams are here and giving us chance to talk smack.

Hey, I'm all for good trash talking, but you gotta draw the line at troll crap. Some jacka** in the other thread was spouting off racist diatribes. Sure, any fanbase is going to have their jackasses, it just feels like they all decided to register on patfans all at once.

It would never, ever even cross my mind to consider even thinking about the possibility of registering on a fan site for another team for the sole purpose of trolling. If you're coming for some good-natured trash talking, some debate, that's all good. But why sign up just to be a troll?

First of all... let me say that not all Charger fans are dipsh!ts. I've seen a few on here that made me cringe, but trust me they're not all like that.

I post on the forum listed above this post, and got linked here by one of the threads. I usually don't post on other boards, but I figured I might have to this week.

Should be a good game. Nobody is underestimating the Pats, as I'm sure none of the Pats are underestimating the Bolts.

Couple things to note though... I've noticed that many of your fans get caught up in stats to explain the Chargers team. That's a shame. Although stats can tell some of the story, they can blur the rest. I can understand your reasoning because you probably haven't watched too many games that the Chargers have played, so that is all you have to go on.

Let me tell you my point of view from a fan that has seen every game.

This team is good. Very solid all the way around. Plus we now have our entire starting offense and defense healthy. One of my concerns is Rivers. I am not sure how he will handle the game plan that your coaches have for him. If he is rattled early, it could be a long day for the Chargers.

Anyway…
Cheers to all. I may post a few more now that I went through the process.

“Stay classy”

That's exactly right. We talk about stats when it comes to the Chargers, because for a lot of us, that is all we see. And this game won't be about the stats at all. It will be a lot tougher than that.

I don't really know what to expect, because the stats book is likely to get thrown right out the window in this game. I think we will give up a lot of points, so I wonder how much we will score, and I think that will likely be the key to the game.

Hey, I'm all for good trash talking, but you gotta draw the line at troll crap. Some jacka** in the other thread was spouting off racist diatribes. Sure, any fanbase is going to have their jackasses, it just feels like they all decided to register on patfans all at once.

It would never, ever even cross my mind to consider even thinking about the possibility of registering on a fan site for another team for the sole purpose of trolling. If you're coming for some good-natured trash talking, some debate, that's all good. But why sign up just to be a troll?

Speak of the devil! ;)

And he has graced us with some more of his in depth analysis. :D

Apparently they are a dynasty now!

Last edited:
Sure, any fanbase is going to have their jackasses, it just feels like they all decided to register on patfans all at once.

PatsFans.com was linked over at the Chargers official website's message forum immediately after the Jets game. They are censored over there if they criticize the Chargers organization/NFL because the SD org. runs the forum. How lame. God bless third party, independent, fan sites like PatsFans.

To troll them back, go here: http://forums.chargers.com/

i miss pittsburg, indy, ny, and miami fans. at least those guys don't think that sacks and pro bowls are more important than points allowed and superbowls. i'm starting to think it isn't even worth trying to figure out the decent ones.

no group will ever be more obnoxious than yankees fans though

*edit* i've started ignore-listing them left and right. i ask that you all do the same. or just exercise restraint and not respond

Last edited:
I never hear from them until this week. Were have they been the last 10 years or so?

Anyway…
Cheers to all. I may post a few more now that I went through the process.

“Stay classy”

I love all the Ron Burgundy quotes. But, I have witnessed the putrid display of San Diego fans. And they were the women, nonetheless. I went to the Pats game three years ago in San Diego. Drove down from Los Angeles county and brought my 70+ year old father in law with me (2 1/2 hour drive). He is born and raised in SoCal but a sports fan and roots for my teams as long as they are not playing his LA teams. Great guy. We were in a suite at the stadium. Good game. Great time. After the game it was completely different.

I had my #12 jersey on an my father in law borrowed a Pats hat. We were walking out after LT ran all over us. Saying nothing, we were yelled at, screamed at and physicall threatened...one skank even rushed my father in law...by some "classy" women San Diego Charger fans. I mean, they were threatening a 70 year old guy simply because he was supporting his son in law. It was a disgusting display.

Since that time I had lost all respect for San Diego fans. The past 36 hours have confirmed what pathetic ingrates they truly are. I have bounced around this board and seen racist remarks, sexist remarks and just plain idiotic posts from fans of "the greatest team ever". I am a huge Pats fan and thought this game would be a big challenge for us. I think it will be close but LT and Gates will be a bit too much. God, I hope I am wrong. The Charger fans show no respect and/or class on this site. All they can say is "Brady is a homo", "Patriots suck" and the Chargers are the "Greatest team ever assembled".

They are all just a bunch of children and I hope we can go in there and smack them in the mouth.:rocker:

That's exactly right. We talk about stats when it comes to the Chargers, because for a lot of us, that is all we see. And this game won't be about the stats at all. It will be a lot tougher than that.

I don't really know what to expect, because the stats book is likely to get thrown right out the window in this game. I think we will give up a lot of points, so I wonder how much we will score, and I think that will likely be the key to the game.
Like I said... I get it.. I totally understand running to the stat sheets to explain when you have nothing else to go on.

Sometimes the stat sheet can explain a lot, sometimes it can hide deficiencies, and sometimes it can just straight up lie though.

Hopefully you can get a better understanding of the Chargers through some of the input from some of the logical Chargers fans posting here, just like we can get some valuable information from the logical Pats fans posting here.

One thing I do know right now, is it should be a great game. My heart is obviously with the Bolts, but I would have a hard time putting a ton of money on them.

Either way... we both can't win, so if your team pulls it off, good luck with the rest of your season. If you don't win, hopefully you can express the same.

Last edited:
As a bunch of others, seemingly classy Charger fans have posted before me, I ask you all not to judge us by (regrettably) many idiots that have shown up here since the end of the Jets game.

Nobody hopes more than I do that, as the game gets closer, those losers start to get bored with the trash talk and move on - leaving those who came her simply to talk football, like myself, to do what we intended.

If you guys are interested in what is probably the best Chargers board on the net, check out : http://www.thenflforum.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

A lot of classy, knowledgable guys over there who'll be more respectful than some who've shown up here.

Here's to being able to talk football in a civil manner for the next week. Try to ignore the idiots, every fan base has their bunch.

5 rings... gotcha'. i feel very much the same way about these things.

and again, you guys ARE a great team, and we MAY be the NEXT great team. of course, as a charger fan, I think that this is our year (easy-ish schedule, home field dominance, bye week, records set, etc...) time will tell...

niceties aside - a couple of counters to your points...

candidly, even good teams against the run struggle with LT, 'cuz he's more than just a power runner. he gets outside, he cuts back, he can catch underneath coverage for big yards, and jeez, he's got a better qb rating than many qb's in the nfc :p the guy just has a nose for the end-zone, and when he and the o-line are on, well, he just MAY be the best to ever play the position (time will tell...). the key to LT is not just the o-line and his desire, it's whether or not rivers can exploit your secondary enough to get your 8 guys out of the box... if he does, and you need to back off, then, i see LT pickin up at least one TD in this one...

and, i know you guys don't know his name yet, but there's a super-stud as LT's backup by the name of Michael Turner. Fast, big, explosive, up-the-gut runner. he has come through HUGE for SD this year, and if LT weren't LT, you'd be hearing a LOT about Turner. we won't be able to afford to keep him after this year, but he's gonna' be a star with another team - bank it. my guess is that you'll likely see all too much of him, which should give LT some needed breaks if you're still stacking the box.

while I know that you'll be focused on him, I personally think that Gates is gonna' light the joint up. gotta admit that I didn't see too many Pats games this year, and maybe the jets game wasn't a good example, but I didn't see enough speed to convince me that your LB's can keep up with him, or bring him down. we'll see on that one...

and - as far as picking up our D-Line, well... i am convinced that'll be the make-or-break part for the chargers. if we allow Tom, with all of his talent and accuracy enough time to wait for coverages to break, then, we're screwed, and you'll get him that next ring. if we can keep him on his back, or in quick drops, then i think our secondary should be able to hold on enough against your receiving corps...

regardless... it's gonna be great!!! this is what it's all about...

5 rings... gotcha'. i feel very much the same way about these things.

and again, you guys ARE a great team, and we MAY be the NEXT great team. of course, as a charger fan, I think that this is our year (easy-ish schedule, home field dominance, bye week, records set, etc...) time will tell...

Don't ever say that.. EVER. That's what Indy said last year and the Steelers the year before. It's like the death warrant.

I agree with the matchup problems though. I do imagine Bruschi and Vrabel chasing Gates on those scooters for the old folks. Just a funny thought.

OT: Anyone watching the BCS game?

If LT has a 100 yards and a TD, I might consider him 'contained'. :D

Hopefully he doesn't have one of his big days against us.

From what I've read, as a group, the SD fans have been really polite until poked with sharp sticks. Maybe there are one or two that are asses out of the gate, but I haven't seen it.

Just my 2 cents,

PfnV

Can't we just set up trap doors or something. Where's NaPolian when you need his hyperventilating butt?

Some of them are about as bad as the Bronco's fans that showed up in playoffs last year. However, unlike the Bronco's, there are a couple good ones.

I am not like many others on this board. I never post on a different teams forums, perhaps because I don't have the time.(I am not frowning on those who do). I use this forum as a portal to find community in my fancy for the Pats. I also use it for information. When I see posters from other forums come in here and try to instigate trouble (and when someone comes in here and posts that they think it's gonna be a blowout, i consider that instigating trouble), I get very angry.

Respect is key here. On our forum, we just want to be respected. I think most of us here agree that this will be a great game. We can talk about the matchups and what not, but really, in the end, it will come down to execution. And we can never predict execution.

Good luck Chargers fans. In our different ways, we'll both need it.

Last edited:
Honestly, San Diego has been generally so irrelevant in the sports world for so long that I hadn't had an opinion on their fans.

And as much as I hate Colts fans, Jets fans, Broncos fans, Yankees fans, Nets fans, Knicks fans, etc., etc. I can say that San Diego fans might be the most annoying and troll-some of them all - and that's only from about 20 hours of exposure.

"I'm Ron Burgundy. Go f*ck yourself, San Diego"

I knew they were that annoying!!!!!!!

Went to the SD/Pats game in 2002 and many of the drunk schmucks thought they were actually the SB champs and not the Patriots. I lost track of how many drunk SD fans tried to start fights with me and the Pats fans I was with who all happened to be living in SD at the time.

Now, I don't know about MOST annoying. That has to go to Yankee Fans and Eagles fans.

This is how I read your message: *cry cry cry* The Charger fans are mean! They think they're going to win.. *cry cry cry*

OMG god someone from the east coast has no place to tell anyone anything.. get back on the mayflower and go home homles.

Dude Pats fans are fat disgusting blobs

Nice sterotype you hyprcritical ******. Just a newsflash for you, without the Pilgrims, there wouldn't have been a United States.

You are a reject and give SD Fans a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back