PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your favorite NFL idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is a very competitive field.

Several threads about various owners, coaches, players, sports writers saying stupid stuff.

Who is your favorite?

Respectfully ... this thread may have been better if it was themed favorite NFL aszhole ...

I'd have to say Geno Smith ... I hope that idiot stays in green for a few more years - he's clueless.

This is a very competitive field.

Several threads about various owners, coaches, players, sports writers saying stupid stuff.

Who is your favorite?
if by "idiot" you mean a-hole, then I don't know whether the term "favorite" applies...and the list would be long. Geno's been mentioned and Cam is definitely a candidate along with Bernard Pollard and John Harbaugh and Andrew "Salty" Luck... The list would be almost endless.

If by "idiot" you mean someone who's not afraid to be himself and doesn't care what people think about him, then Gronk has applied the term to himself in the past and so he'd be my number one. i also liked Marshawn Lynch's style, especially at the SB two years ago when he said he was just showing up so as not to get fined...very Belichickian! So, I guess, I'd put BB on that list as well.

^ I mean the former - not the latter.

The types that get a thread like Harbaugh.

Last edited:
Sexy Rexy

/thread
This guy?

sexy_20rexy_20front.jpg

Ohhhhhh....Rex RYAN. Yes him, always entertaining and always an idiot.

I've always thought Terry Bradshaw was the ultimate "meathead" of the NFL (besides Gronk). I know a lot of people here find him positively insufferable, but I don't mind his moronic antics, as maybe they've grown on me over the years.

Respectfully ... this thread may have been better if it was themed favorite NFL aszhole ...

I'd have to say Geno Smith ... I hope that idiot stays in green for a few more years - he's clueless.

C'mon, Geno's a likable idiot. I hope he sticks around for a long time too. If we can just avoid caving to Fitz's insane demands, this'll be the year Geno breaks out.

Favorite idiot? Tough. So many options.
Cool idiot (ie Gronk): Rex
@sshole idiot: Aaron Hernandez

My connotation of "idiot" is negative, there are so many; Vontez Burfit, James Harrison, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Trent Dilfer.. anyone who works for ESPN... anyone who works at the NFL headquarters.. etc. etc. etc.

What prompted me to start this thread is seeing stuff on John Harbaugh, Jerry Jones (possibly my favorite idiot), and of course Goodell. Peyton is too smart to qualify, plus he's retired.

After reading Dilbert and realizing almost every strip is taken from real-life situations, what passes as stupid is often greed, addiction, corruption, personal issues, but we laugh at it, maybe bitterly. For this reason, I'd put Johnny Manziel with the bunch as it's extremely obvious his off field antics need to stop, yet he doesn't.

The #1 ******* idiot is Roger.

This is like a real-life Dilbert episode. Dilbert is based upon "people are stupid" according to Scott Adams. I will get nit-picky and say he points out greed, corruption, personal issues that are not actually stupid, but come across that way.

I endorse the selection of Goodell as an NFL idiot, but is he really an idiot? No, he was pretty smart to get in his position to be a front man for a corrupt and inconsistent organization. He is often responding to the whims of owners - depending on the situation, he gives people a pass or overkills. There is nothing I like better than someone like him have to answer for that before Congress or a courtroom as it's absurd. I'd like to think he would have problems sleeping at night, but one of the requirements for the job must be you don't lose sleep at night.

Tie between the creator of the butt fumble and the person who called this play.

watudoin.0.gif
My favorite part of that play is that it wasn't even legal, thanks to Harbawl outlawing misaligned offensive linemen the previous offseason due to his crying over eligible/ineligible receivers in the infamous playoff game. The refs flagged this play as such. So even if this idiotic play somehow DID work, it all would have been for nothing because it would've been called back. That's the true level of stupidity on display here - not only was the design and execution mind-numbingly dumb, but the play caller was so stupid he didn't even know that the rules didn't allow it.

since the title says "favorite idiot" i have to kinda like the guy so rex ryan

This is like a real-life Dilbert episode. Dilbert is based upon "people are stupid" according to Scott Adams. I will get nit-picky and say he points out greed, corruption, personal issues that are not actually stupid, but come across that way.

I endorse the selection of Goodell as an NFL idiot, but is he really an idiot? No, he was pretty smart to get in his position to be a front man for a corrupt and inconsistent organization. He is often responding to the whims of owners - depending on the situation, he gives people a pass or overkills. There is nothing I like better than someone like him have to answer for that before Congress or a courtroom as it's absurd. I'd like to think he would have problems sleeping at night, but one of the requirements for the job must be you don't lose sleep at night.

Gotcha and I agree although one could argue that he did not get his position rather it was given to him by 32 owners (a few who may have been friends of Senator Goodell) who needed a idiot puppet to dangle in front of the public to absorb the heat and be their "fall guy".

I will always have a special place for Matt Millen, as one of the biggest mutton-headed GMs if all time.

He had a magic trick of drafting exactly the high risk high upside draft picks that his mediocre team didn't need, even if they did pan out. Some years it was impossible to comprehend why he chose to attend the Draft at all, since it was like he was throwing darts. And they would never fire him, for whatever reason, long after he was exposed as a moron. I took great joy in admiring his idiocy from afar and how he ruined that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back