PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the better match up: Cincy or Kansas City?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Better Matchup for NE

• Cincinnati

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 19 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the Steelers win and then smoke the Broncos. For some reason I could see the Texans beating the Chiefs in a 13-10 game.

Opposite.
Bengals have a better chance of beating Broncos. Steelers is overhyped...

For this team, I think the "better matchup" is usually the team with the worse defense. The Patriots offense is a little bit limited ATM, and will perhaps be a bit rusty in the first playoff game with Edelman getting back in action. I think Cincinnati's defense would be easier for a rusty Pats O to move the ball against. On the other side of the ball, I think the Cincinnati offense is maybe a bit better than KC's overall, but I think the Pats D can handle themselves either way.

Plus, you've got to include the fact that Cincinnati could just massively choke at any moment. Of course, by that admission, they'll most likely choke in round 1 and we won't even get to face them anyway.
Well..KC offense is struggled recently. and KC playing on the road in foxboro might be handled better than Cincy bringing both an offense and defense to foxboro after beating steelers .

Opposite.
Bengals have a better chance of beating Broncos. Steelers is overhyped...
Bengals wont play the broncos unless they beat us.

Bengals wont play the broncos unless they beat us.

My bad.. In that case, I don't think the Steelers/KC/Texans can beat the Broncos in Denver. :(

If you want something done right, do it yourself.... We go into Denver and beat the Broncos! :rolleyes:

KC has one WR that the pats can shutdown easy. cincy has a good inside pass rush and a true star WR that could take over a game at any time, i want houston and pitt but ill take KC over cincy

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
That's a tough one. I think KC is due for a loss. Alot if these wins were extremely close especially last few weeks.

I have a real hard time seeing cincy beat Pittsburgh.

I just realized that Cincy already beat Pittsburgh twice this season. It is very difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season. I fully expect Pittsburgh to win.

I just realized that Cincy already beat Pittsburgh twice this season. It is very difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season. I fully expect Pittsburgh to win.

Cincy and Pittsburgh both beat each other once

Remember Dalton went down in the most recent game against Pittsburgh

Regardless, I agree and think Pittsburgh wins

They split the season series.

I really don't think there is a team out there that I'd say "I definitely don't want to face". I think Denver, KC, Cincy and Pitt all have weaknesses and are all pretty evenly matched. The one team that I think is not that good is Houston and I would hope we would face them in the first round. I doubt that is going to happen, but in a perfect world, I would take both Houston and Pitt coming here.

No one scares me this year. I put up a brave front last year but I have to admit I was a little ascared of the Ravens and they did give us our toughest game. Some of the cheap shot pieces of crap on the Broncos make me nervous so I'd rather not see them. But as far as talent? None of these teams hold a candle to a healthy Patriots squad.

Of the 5 AFC playoff challengers, the Chiefs are the one that I'd most like the Patriots to avoid.

I would be interested in your take on why. Matchup? The KC win streak?

Probably the stifling defense, which mimics teams that have recently handed us postseason losses (Baltimore, NY Jets). Those teams give us problems.

That, and the fact that they're currently the hot team that seems to be playing with house money.

To answer the OP's question, I'd need to know if Dalton would be playing against us next week.

Judging by Marvin Lewis' comments that McCarron will be taking the reps "for at least the first part" of this week, I'd have to say that we'd be getting Dalton.

If that's the case, I'm concerned that CIN could be the more balanced team.

Probably the stifling defense, which mimics teams that have recently handed us postseason losses (Baltimore, NY Jets). Those teams give us problems.

That, and the fact that they're currently the hot team that seems to be playing with house money.

Yes.... They've got a great pass rushing duo (Houston/Hali), a monster in the middle of the D-line (Poe), good DB play (Smith/Peters/Berry), a good running game, a legit WR (Maclin) and a legit TE (Kelce). They ended the season at #3 in scoring defense and #9 in scoring offense. They beat the **** out of the Patriots last year, beat the **** out of the Broncos in their second game this year, and have won 10 straight games.

With the possible exception of the Seahawks, the Chiefs are the team in the league that I'd least like the Patriots to face right now. Between matchup issues and general unknowns, it's just a game I'd prefer be avoided.

Cincy and Pittsburgh both beat each other once

Remember Dalton went down in the most recent game against Pittsburgh

Regardless, I agree and think Pittsburgh wins

Thanks for the correction. In that case I think it may be tough for pittsburgh especially without Deangelo Williams at full strength. He won't be effective with an ankle sprain going on a short week.

To answer the OP's question, I'd need to know if Dalton would be playing against us next week.

Judging by Marvin Lewis' comments that McCarron will be taking the reps "for at least the first part" of this week, I'd have to say that we'd be getting Dalton.

If that's the case, I'm concerned that CIN could be the more balanced team.

Dalton ain't coming ain't coming back this season. That's what I think.

Yes.... They've got a great pass rushing duo (Houston/Hali), a monster in the middle of the D-line (Poe), good DB play (Smith/Peters/Berry), a good running game, a legit WR (Maclin) and a legit TE (Kelce). They ended the season at #3 in scoring defense and #9 in scoring offense. They beat the **** out of the Patriots last year, beat the **** out of the Broncos in their second game this year, and have won 10 straight games.

With the possible exception of the Seahawks, the Chiefs are the team in the league that I'd least like the Patriots to face right now. Between matchup issues and general unknowns, it's just a game I'd prefer be avoided.

Huh. Well, you have a point, particularly with respect to the exterior KC pass rushers (Houston/Hali) and the interior push from Poe. Brady of course is the ace-in-the-hole that largely negates good pass rushing teams with his quick release, but with him hobbled (and with his quickest separation receivers still injured) the Pats could be more susceptible than normal to a good pass rushing team like KC.

Dalton ain't coming ain't coming back this season. That's what I think.

HC Lewis said that he may practice this week, and is still in consideration for Saturday's game vs Pittsburgh. He had his cast removed yesterday.

Either way, he'd almost surely play next week vs NE, if they get that far. How effective he'd be is certainly a question, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes