PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the better match up: Cincy or Kansas City?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Better Matchup for NE

• Cincinnati

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 19 31.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on who the pats match up better with - cincy or KC - and therefore who I should be rooting for on wild card weekend. Let's be honest, the texans aren't going to beat Kansas City which leaves these two other teams as our only possible match ups. Both teams have great defenses and are top 10 in sacks. I am more confident in our D against either the Cincy or KC offense.

Probably Cincy. KC is pretty resilient and don't seem to be as prone to some of the dumb decisions and buffoonery that's so prevalent in the NFL, even among this playoff corps.

I like our chances against either, but I'd rather have Cincy if confronted with the decision.

I wouldn't count out Houston, they've look much better past two weeks. I'd say Houston has a better shot vs KC than Cincy vs Pittsburgh. Cincy is a near guaranteed one and done.

I wouldn't count out Houston, they've look much better past two weeks. I'd say Houston has a better shot vs KC than Cincy vs Pittsburgh. Cincy is a near guaranteed one and done.

Have you been watching Pittsburgh play?

They are so bad that their own fans were rooting against them yesterday so that Mike Tomlin could be fired.

McCarron actually helped Cincy go toe-to-toe with Denver last week.

The two teams none of the AFC wants to face this postseason are, 1. New England (just because of past history, but NE isn't really looking all that great) & 2. Kansas City (because they're hot).

Denver with a Peyton Manning who can throw more than 10 yards is also in that mix.

I think the KC defense is good but the O is very containable.
Pitt has a nice passing game but their D is porus
Bring on Denver, HOU and CIN.

The only thing stopping the Pats is health, JE11 stuck in rust-mode, a line that can consistently pass block longer than 1.8 seconds and Dean Blandino

Have you been watching Pittsburgh play?

They are so bad that their own fans were rooting against them yesterday so that Mike Tomlin could be fired.

McCarron actually helped Cincy go toe-to-toe with Denver last week.

The two teams none of the AFC wants to face this postseason are, 1. New England (just because of past history, but NE isn't really looking all that great) & 2. Kansas City (because they're hot).

Denver with a Peyton Manning who can throw more than 10 yards is also in that mix.
I cant trust Cincy with Marvin Lewis. McCaron has won two BCS titles so maybe he wont choke like Dalton. Denver is far worse with Cheaton. Osweiler is the better QB by far.

Id rather play KC to be honest...

I know Cincy is Cincy, but look up and down that roster, theres talent there, esp on offense. And last couple of weeks, I feel Logan Ryan as regressed. I dont feel good with him matching up against Cincy's big receivers..

I want Cincy, because that would mean that Denver has to play KC and I like KC's chances of beating Denver so the Pats can hopefully host the AFCC.

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on who the pats match up better with - cincy or KC - and therefore who I should be rooting for on wild card weekend. Let's be honest, the texans aren't going to beat Kansas City which leaves these two other teams as our only possible match ups. Both teams have great defenses and are top 10 in sacks. I am more confident in our D against either the Cincy or KC offense.
We want KC because that means Pittsburgh is out in Denver.
No team with Alex Smith and Andy Reid scares me.

Yes. Houston is finally starting to get their act together, especially defensively. Hoyer is playing decently but is pretty battered. He's taken an awful beating his whole post-Pats career and is always one good hit away from finishing the season on the cart.

I see people have not been watching Pittsburgh much. They are terrible. I'd be shocked if they did anything this postseason.

I fear that nobody is a good matchup for NE if the O-Line does not get figured out. Being as how we've been saying this all season, I don't know how much of a difference two weeks will make. We all are assuming things will be all fixed when certain guys return. I don't doubt that things will look way better and I do feel confident going into any high stakes game with BB and TB, but that O-Line really looks bad and has for most of the season, even with guys in. I saw my football life flash when Tommy stayed down and then almost cried when I watched him hobble off the podium after the game. I'm hoping it's not a high sprain.

With all that said, it's still BB. It's still TB. And this is mostly still the same team that won it all last season. I like our chances more than if none of those things were true.

I see people have not been watching Pittsburgh much. They are terrible. I'd be shocked if they did anything this postseason.

Really? They can hang 30 on anyone..they hung 30on denver.

Mannings arm is still a noodle arm. If they gameplan to stop the short passes and make him go deep i can see them upsetting denver pretty easily

Go Texans and Steelers!

I want Cincy, because that would mean that Denver has to play KC and I like KC's chances of beating Denver so the Pats can hopefully host the AFCC.

This was my thought too. Assuming Houston is going to lose, I would much rather play home vs. Cincy then home vs. KC, rather than home vs. KC and road vs. Denver. And I don't see Pittsburgh going into Denver and winning. That defense will wither in the altitude as the game goes on.

I'd much rather play Cincy. KC is on he upswing and seems more dangerous, although I admit I'm not wild about having Burfict out there with our current oline.

Really? They can hang 30 on anyone..they hung 30on denver.

Mannings arm is still a noodle arm. If they gameplan to stop the short passes and make him go deep i can see them upsetting denver pretty easily
Shoots they already did it once at Demver.

the Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand