• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well......lets hear it.

i dont know why, but from that list, i chose bob

To me it's hard to compare players that play different positions. Who's to judge that a safety is a better player than a nose tackle?

Kinda silly to compare players playing different position. I mean Ed Reed is top notch safety but I'm sure he can't rush the passer like(nor is he asked to) Jared Allen.

For God's sake, Bob Sanders can't cover anybody. He's little, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's always in on the tackle...but best defender in the NFL? No friggin' way. I just don't get the love affair with him.

For God's sake, Bob Sanders can't cover anybody. He's little, he's fast, he hits hard, and he's always in on the tackle...but best defender in the NFL? No friggin' way. I just don't get the love affair with him.

I chose Sanders basically because there might be more physically gifted defenders, but when he's in there the defensive intensity on the colts just gets ratcheted up about 10 notches - i don't think anyone has a greater impact on an overall defense right now.

From what little I've seen of him I'm a big DeMarcus Ware fan. He has great athletic ability but also seems to be in the right place a lot, pressing the issue.

Don't know and don't really care all that much, but this same poll next year will have Adalius Thomas as the leader. :rocker:

[could be slightly biased]

It's Jared Allen and it isn't close.

Bo Rudd :)

Seriously I would say Ed Reed

I might go off the board and take Julian Peterson. Patrick Willis will be there soon enough.

I might go off the board and take Julian Peterson. Patrick Willis will be there soon enough.

Julian Peterson isn't even the best defensive player on his own team.

I think the best defensive player is Ed Reed, but Bob Sanders is not too far behind, he does so much for that Indy D and is so important. Although he is too injury prone.

I think you can make a case for Michael Strahan down the strech last year, he was a force and transformed that Giants D last year to a force.

Here's is my wild card Justin Tuck could soon be it.

I went with Jared Allen. What he did with little help in KC speaks volumes about his singular ability.

I also agree with those who say it's stupid to compare positions. Out of that list, I feel Allen makes the most consistent impact to his team.

I chose Sanders basically because there might be more physically gifted defenders, but when he's in there the defensive intensity on the colts just gets ratcheted up about 10 notches - i don't think anyone has a greater impact on an overall defense right now.

Really? You mean for the Colts, right? Not the league.

I voted for Ed Reed, Jared Allen would have been second. If we were voting one year ago, it would have been Julius Peppers.

Julian Peterson isn't even the best defensive player on his own team.

I appreciate your opinion.

With all due respect to Son of Mosi, Patrick Kearney, and Grant Winstrom if he's still there, he most certainly is.

Last edited:
Really? You mean for the Colts, right? Not the league.

Nah, I didn't mean just the colts - I meant the league. Actually I think Albert Haynesworth might have even a greater impact on his team's defense than Sanders, but he wasn't on the list.

My justification for this is look at those two team's defensive stats when Sanders and Haynesworth play vs. when they don't - the colts get absolutely gashed by the run, and their pass defense is nowhere near as effective when Sanders is out, while the Titans fielded a top-10 defense when Haynesworth was in, and were just awful when he was out.

Like I said in my above post - there are certainly players out there that might be more physically dominant (Jared Allen, Brian Urlacher, Ed Reed) but those guys don't have a similar galvanizing effect on their defense, in my opinion.

Nah, I didn't mean just the colts - I meant the league. Actually I think Albert Haynesworth might have even a greater impact on his team's defense than Sanders, but he wasn't on the list.

My justification for this is look at those two team's defensive stats when Sanders and Haynesworth play vs. when they don't - the colts get absolutely gashed by the run, and their pass defense is nowhere near as effective when Sanders is out, while the Titans fielded a top-10 defense when Haynesworth was in, and were just awful when he was out.

Like I said in my above post - there are certainly players out there that might be more physically dominant (Jared Allen, Brian Urlacher, Ed Reed) but those guys don't have a similar galvanizing effect on their defense, in my opinion.

Haynesworth is a great selection.

Haynesworth is a great selection.

Yeah, the real question is will he be as dominant when he isn't in a contract year? I really think if he gets a huge contract from Tennessee he'll lose a little bit of his fire

Hard choice considering the names and taking into consideration different posistions but like someone else said, everytime Sanders suits up Indy's D suddenly becomes 3 times the force. The dude gets everywhere so I would say he's one of the most effective defensive players there is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back