PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is ready for an 8-2 run and some playoffs?

So was the Buffalo win just a mirage. Buffalo not a true contender. Bit of both?

So last week with the same exact "talent," the Patriot offense put up the most points scored, third most total yards and second most passing yards a much better Bill's defense has allowed all season... but this week they didn't have the talent against a much worse Dolphin's D?

Sounds legit...

How about Mac reverted back into the pumpkin he has been the majority of this season. He even tried to ruin us in the Buffalo game, only their linebacker dropped a sure interception and Mac fumbled the ball but one of our lineman recovered it. He did his best to submarine that game as well, but his teammates saved him from himself.
When they win.. the talent is still subpar, so no one is deviated from the talent. We all know the roster is compiled of back ups and unproven players.

The defense is without its 2 best players.. so it's expected for them to slip up especially in the secondary.. it's a talent issue whatever way you want to slice it..

We’re going the way of what every other great dynasty has gone, its all part of the deal brother! 49ers and cowboys saw some dark years in the 2000’s, same with the Steelers in the 80s. had to figure itll be some time before we start winning again. I had faith that the GOAT coach might have one more run in him but unfortunately its really looking like things have passed him by. We have to try(and likely fail) some new things now until we get it right again.

We SHOULD feel fortunate (and probably surprised) it hasn't happened before now. I thought 2020 was the bottom, in hindsight that was pretty optimistic. But for the last 30 years the Pats have defied the cyclical nature of most NFL team fortunes. Think about it -- this will be only the sixth losing season in three decades and FIRST TIME during that span they've failed to reach .500 back-to-back.

We have the worst record in the whole AFC, let that sink in.

Zappe blows, no reason to think Grier is any better... keep Mac until someone better comes along.
You know something.. purely out of respect for Mac I'd rather see him have a fresh start somewhere else.. he's been done wrong by this organization coming off a good rookie season.. the kid can play QB in this league. I know we'll never get to see his full potential if we never invest into the offense.

This is funny

ever since yesterday, the board has gone through all 5 stages of grief

Denial - Thinking we had a shot against a Sb contender-ish
Anger - We lost, things flare up even in the Patsfan dome
Bargaining - Punishments are distributed, sides are created for the Kontra-Pape argument
Depression - as archstanton543 said: We all lost a little

And now this thread and the realization that overall that, well... if this isn't rock bottom,it's not that far. Acceptance

Hey, at least in the NFL, you get high draft picks

We SHOULD feel fortunate (and probably surprised) it hasn't happened before now. I thought 2020 was the bottom, in hindsight that was pretty optimistic. But for the last 30 years the Pats have defied the cyclical nature of most NFL team fortunes. Think about it -- this will be only the sixth losing season in three decades and FIRST TIME during that span they've failed to reach .500 back-to-back.
I'd take 2020 over what we have had to witness this season..

Agreed, a dynasty never lasted near that long even when there was no salary cap. What we did is pretty incomprehensible given the current structure of the league

Seems odd to be fixated on the QB when the defense gave up 31 points, almost 400 yards of offense, 3 fourth down conversions, allowed 2 receivers to hit 100+ yards, couldn't get through a banged up OL to get to Tua and couldn't stop a nosebleed on 3rd and long.
You said they don’t have enough offensive weapons talent, the defense is irrelevant to the conversation.

Last edited:
Zappe blows, no reason to think Grier is any better... keep Mac until someone better comes along.
You’re just repeating the same opinion over and over with no evidence. Repeating yourself over and over doesn’t make something true… no matter what Oprah told you.

Last edited:
When they win.. the talent is still subpar, so no one is deviated from the talent. We all know the roster is compiled of back ups and unproven players.
The one time Mac played “good” the Pats offense put up the most points and nearly the most yards Buffalo’s defense allowed all season.

“We all know” is you pretending that everyone agrees with your opinion… they don’t.

Douglas, Bourne, Henry, Gesicki, Rhamondre, Zeke, Parker, Juju... this team has playmakers, but their QB sucks.

A top tier QB has this offense ranked in the top ten in points and yards… instead we have one of the worst starting QB’s in the NFL.

Detroit started 2-6 last year and finished 9-8. :cool:
Detroit has promising young talent all over and a steady qb. They are correctly building oline 1st we got none of that. We build special teams first it seems.

Detroit has promising young talent all over and a steady qb. They are correctly building oline 1st we got none of that. We build special teams first it seems.

I didn't mean for it to be about comparing Detroit to the Patriots directly, just noting there is precedent for teams turning things around midseason. We always can hope, however unrealistic it might seem.

lol, its as if ppl on this board are scared that zappe might actually be good

do y'all have bets out and money at stake?

it's between the 100% certainty that is Mac not being good enough to be the starter

vs something 0-100% that is Zappe not being good enough to be the starter

the choice, mathematically is clear...

lest I remind you that 32 NFL teams could have had the goat for just a 5th round draft pick one day long ago...and they all passed

lol, its as if ppl on this board are scared that zappe might actually be good

do y'all have bets out and money at stake?

it's between the 100% certainty that is Mac not being good enough to be the starter

vs something 0-100% that is Zappe not being good enough to be the starter

the choice, mathematically is clear...

lest I remind you that 32 NFL teams could have had the goat for just a 5th round draft pick one day long ago...and they all passed
lol Zappe showed that he is same crap as Mac, its not like he did not had chances to play and shine, but always nice to have the hopes up for a QB down the pack order will be next Tom Brady while the chances for that are probably 0.00000001%

Zappe is not better than Mac, he is on his best day at the level of an average Mac Jones and due to being 5feet small he will get 10 batted passes per qtr

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I would be happy seeing some tackle play where they weren’t trying to act like a turnstile…/shrug

The one time Mac played “good” the Pats offense put up the most points and nearly the most yards Buffalo’s defense allowed all season.

“We all know” is you pretending that everyone agrees with your opinion… they don’t.

Douglas, Bourne, Henry, Gesicki, Rhamondre, Zeke, Parker, Juju... this team has playmakers, but their QB sucks.

A top tier QB has this offense ranked in the top ten in points and yards… instead we have one of the worst starting QB’s in the NFL.
So let's get this top tier QB then if it's that easy.

You said they don’t have enough offensive weapons talent, the defense is irrelevant to the conversation.
You're blaming the QB (who had a C game) for the defense having an F game.

Last edited:
You’re just repeating the same opinion over and over with no evidence. Repeating yourself over and over doesn’t make something true… no matter what Oprah told you.
Cool so evidence you don't like doesn't count as evidence. Got it. Or maybe you missed the second half of the Bears game where Zappy smurf got a dozen balls batted down and the Bears were apparently quoted saying they don't think much of him as a QB. Must have also missed all preseason and all camp where he showed he couldn't handle running an NFL level offense. Or the senior bowl of his draft year which probably took him off the draft board for every other team except ours for some reason.

"NCAA record" lol. Teams still passed on him so that "accomplishment" is worthless. If we didn't take him in the 4th round he would have very likely been there as a UDFA. So BFD about that NCAA record. He sucks and doesn't belong in the league. The rest of the league could have had him for free in August but they all said no thanks. Logically it's reasonable to conclude they agree with me. The end.

I don't need to see Zappe (or Grier) play out the string or audition to start. The team learns nothing for 2024 from that. If there's someone out there better than Mac that will help the coaching staff get a good look at the rest of the offense then great let's get him and sit or trade Mac and audition the new guy for 2024. Until then Mac is the best QB on this team right now. Fact.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back