PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who goes in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost guarantee Big Vince is gone. He's going to be the most sought after free agent next year, exactly the kind of player we don't re-sign.

The franchise tag says "Cost: two first-round draft picks."

Pees- Wouldn't be against it
O'Brien- Please, yes. He needs to not be here anymore
Thomas- He's not the problem, but for the money he's making he needs to be part of the solution, and he isn't
Springs- Considering that my lasting memory of him this season is flexing his biceps menacingly after giving up a decisive first down on a fourth-quarter drive... yeah
Woods- Nah, he is what he is, and he's good at what he does. He struggles when he's asked to be something that he's not, but he earns his paycheck.
Kaczur- Sure, why not. If we can't find a better RT in the draft, then I dunno what to say.
Neal (injuries)- Nah, we just need to have a better backup. When he's healthy, he's really good
Sanders- Depends on what we can get for him
Green- Definition of JAG, which for what he's paid is a problem. He goes
Slater- What's wrong with Slater? He does well at what he does.
Lockett- Same as with Slate. Not great, but is he really the problem?

Vince Wilferk is one of the most overrated players in the game--people talk of him as a game changer, I don't think so. He's a fat man that can run pretty fast and stop the run with above average effectiveness, but he never touches the qb. Does this sound like a 100 million dollar player?

The problem here is the owners you may want to blame BB but I believe the owners have been and will continue not to spend money and I mean bonus money. You know trading 1st round picks for 2nd rounders less bonus money thats "value right". Not paying players that excel in your system such as Givens, Branch, Graham, Samuel. Letting guys like Gaffney go think we need a third reciever? THEY NEED PASS RUSHERS AND THE OWNERS NEED TO SPEND MONEY CUT THE VALUE CRAP.

Vince Wilferk is one of the most overrated players in the game--people talk of him as a game changer, I don't think so. He's a fat man that can run pretty fast and stop the run with above average effectiveness, but he never touches the qb. Does this sound like a 100 million dollar player?

hMM. i THINK he a great NT but wow.... I just realized he doesn't get to the QB at all. I just know we won't over pay him but we still need him..We cant replace him unless we franchise and trade.

Honestly, Vince Wilfork isn't even elite against the run. Look up the stats, he isn't worth 100M.

Watson would go to another team and he would have an amazing season...It is sad that the Patriots choose not to use him or do not know how to use him.
No way he resigns with this team.

hMM. i THINK he a great NT but wow.... I just realized he doesn't get to the QB at all. I just know we won't over pay him but we still need him..We cant replace him unless we franchise and trade.

Wilfork is one of the best NT in the league. The franchise NT ( top 5 guys ) is about $7.0 million per. 4 years, 32 million sounds about right. Half of it guaranteed.

Watson would go to another team and he would have an amazing season...It is sad that the Patriots choose not to use him or do not know how to use him.

Sounds about right. Watson a Bronco?

I think Wilfork is doing pretty well for being the only defensive lineman we have. Seymour's departure has certainly impacted Wilfork's effectiveness because you only need two players to block Warren and whoever else is on the line.

You only need a running back to block Jarvis Green.

We need a new OC. Our offense is too predicable and no 2nd half adjustments are made. Giving up on the running game, not using a TE,ect.

I don't believe Weis will be back. It would be like BB admitting he can't win with out him imo. Its all about pride.

Light
Neal
Green
Seau
Burgess
Woods?
Springs
Sanders

This offense has lost 5 games this season.

The defense has done its part.

This offense scores a boatload of points when it doesn't matter.

This offense is the A-Rod of the NFL (before this past season).

This offense has lost 5 games this season.

The defense has done its part.

This offense scores a boatload of points when it doesn't matter.

This offense is the A-Rod of the NFL (before this past season).

The Defense has done its part? Its part in what? Helping the cause of a losing effort? The Bend but dont break has broken many times this year. We have no pass rush so opposing QBs have all day to pick our soft secondary apart. We should have tried to keep Asante because the CBs we have now arent even close to his level.

I actually agree with this. Watson is a good TE who should and will go to another team and flourish. I honestly have no idea why the Pats stopped going to him. When they were targeting him at the beginning of the season, he did a very good job. Then O'Brien and/or Brady apparently forgot that the team has receiving options not named Moss, Welker and Faulk.

Last edited:
We need a new OC. Our offense is too predicable and no 2nd half adjustments are made. Giving up on the running game, not using a TE,ect.

I don't believe Weis will be back. It would be like BB admitting he can't win with out him imo. Its all about pride.

How do you know it's pride and not that he's not allowed to hire expensive coordinators?

How do you know it's pride and not that he's not allowed to hire expensive coordinators?

If it were about money, I don't think Kraft would have given BB a raise that equated to BB's fine after the Spygate punishment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST