Maybe Wilhite?
Green
Woods
Springs
Neal
Kazcur
Baker
Burgess

Vince Wilferk is one of the most overrated players in the game--people talk of him as a game changer, I don't think so. He's a fat man that can run pretty fast and stop the run with above average effectiveness, but he never touches the qb. Does this sound like a 100 million dollar player?

Do you watch the games? Do you relize what a NT job is? It is to plug up the middle, which he does. He is probably the # 2 down lineman in the game right now... He is one of the most productive Nose Tackle's in the game right now. Hence why he isn't the problem. Our problem is our lack of pass rush and the lack of play makers on this defense.

Here's who won't be back next year:

Green: A pass rusher and has no sacks? Goodbye.
Woods: Special teams guy little else.
Springs: What a blown signing he was.*
Neal: Getting older and time for a change.
Burgess: 2.0 Sacks :rolleyes: Good riddance. *
Baker: Who? Has he played?*
Whealthy: Been a bust. He maybe be back, but won't be a contibuting factor. Another blown draft pick.
Kazcur: Been horrible.
Pees: Should I say Piss?
O'Brien: This offense has all the weapons in the world and has been realtively a ineffective.
I put * next to this offseason's free agent signings, and what do they all have in common? That have all sucked ca ca. You can put Galloway into that category as well.
Adilius Thomas: What a freaking bust!!! Can't rush the passer or there support the run gone.
Junior Seau: Too old.
Matt Light: Older and slower. Can't get it done.
Subtractions:

Richard Seymour
Mike Vrabel
Deltha O'Neal
Matt Cassel

Look at these guys and look at where we are now. We wondering why we are in the situation we are in right now. It isn't Moss, it isn't Wilfork. It is the poor offseason and draft's over the past few seasons. This is why people and with the poor coaching, this is what happens.

Put blame where blame is due.

Last edited:
Do you watch the games? Do you relize what a NT job is? It is to plug up the middle, which he does. He is probably the # 2 down lineman in the game right now... He is one of the most productive Nose Tackle's in the game right now. Hence why he isn't the problem. Our problem is our lack of pass rush and the lack of play makers on this defense.

Whealthy: Been a bust. He maybe be back, but won't be a contibuting factor. Another blown draft pick.
O'Brien: This offense has all the weapons in the world and has been realtively a ineffective.
I put * next to this offseason's free agent signings, and what do they all have in common? That have all sucked ca ca. You can put Galloway into that category as well.

Subtractions:

Richard Seymour
Mike Vrabel
Deltha O'Neal
Matt Cassel

Look at these guys and look at where we are now. We wondering why we are in the situation we are in right now. It isn't Moss, it isn't Wilfork. It is the poor offseason and draft's over the past few seasons. This is why people and with the poor coaching, this is what happens.

They had a great draft in 2009.

They had a great draft in 2009.

Let me repharse. They have had several blown drafts. 2006 and 2007 are the most notable drafts where they came out with little to NOTHING. Thanks for pointing that out, because I do believe this draft will be. However, look at these drafts and offseason over the past few seasons. That's why we are in the problems we are in right now.

Last edited:

Here's my list:

1. We need a more effective OC and DC. Either Peas and O'Brien go, or someone senior is brought in as a "consultant" to provide direction.

2. Players who's contracts expire after this season who should not be renewed:

- Stephen Neal, OG - great when he's on, but too old, too injured, too expensive
- Jarvis Green, DE - an overpaid JAG
- Pierre Woods, OLB - too expensive for a STer
- Junior Seau, LB - clubhouse leadership only goes so far if you can't do it on the field
- Derrick Burgess, DE - expensive, and has done nothing
- Kevin Faulk, RB - terrific but aging, and we need a long term replacement; could be back if he is willing to take a bargain contract

We need to re-sign Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins, Ben Watson, Stephen Gostkowski, and Leigh Bodden if possible. Wilfork and Mankins could be traded if their contracts are too big, but only if we get a lot for them.

3. Players under contract for 2010 who need to be cut or traded

- Matt Light, OT - trade him while he's still worth something; Vollmer is the future, and a big upgrade
- James Sanders, S - expensive for a #4 safety; should be worth something in trade; could stay if he restructures
- Shawn Springs, CB - expensive, and has done nothing - cut him
- Adalius Thomas, LB - very expensive, and has done nothing - hopefully trade him

Chris Baker is fine, if we actually use him in the offensive scheme. He was a beast in the preseason. Wilhite and Wheatley are fine as the #3 and #4 CBs, but not as more than that. Kaczur is fine as the #3 OT, but not as the starting RT.

4. What we need to replace/get in the offseason (assuming we keep all of the key re-signings listed above):

- Two pass rushing DE/OLBs
- A 3-4 DE
- A RT and a OG/C
- Depth at RB

Obviously, if we lose some key players (Wilfork, Mankins, Gostkowski, Watson and Bodden) we'll have to find replacements as well.
- Depth at TE

If Kaczur is still here I'll be p'ssd.

August 24, 2009 update The Boston Globe's Mike Reiss blogged on 8/24/2009 that the "The following are details from Nick Kaczur's contract extension, which extends through 2012. The base salaries are as follows:

2009: $2 million
2010: $2.7 million
2011: $3.4 million
2012: $4.1 million
The deal includes an option bonus of $3.5 million. It is not known when the option bonus is due, but there is a clause in the contract that says if the option is not exercised, Kaczur's base salary would jump to $2.72 million in 2009. That seems to mean that Kaczur's option bonus is due at some point this year. Kaczur also has workout bonuses of $100,000 in 2010, 2011, and 2012.

What a waste.

Kaczur's fat azz should have been cut after his bullfighting exhibition against Indy.......he was equally inept again today......the guy is a 250 pound shoulder pad model........

Subtractions:

Richard Seymour
Mike Vrabel
Deltha O'Neal
Matt Cassel

what about Thomas.....what a freaking bust this guy has been overall.......

what about Thomas.....what a freaking bust this guy has been overall.......

You're not kidding. And this year has only been worse, especially since he was benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News