PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm fine with facing denver. would rather not face the jets.

ofc want to face texans...

would want to face bengals and chiefs

Doesn't matter to me. If we're at home, I believe we whack anyone.

Doesn't matter, you have to beat at least the good teams to win the tournament. Pittsburgh may have knocked themselves out yesterday, that won't hurt.

Still hoping for the squealers. Whoever's that 3rd seed will have a hard time even at home. Will the bungles be one and done again?

Anybody but the Chiefs and the Jets. Not concerned about the other trash.

With a lot of our injured players returning to action (hopefully), it would be nice if the first game was against an opponent that we had some 'room for error' against such as Houston or Indy.

Manning roided back on that HGH might be a scary thought now that I think about it. No investigation by the league, no 4 game suspension and Goodell said deflating balls is the equivalent of shooting up with PEDs. Beware of the fix, we're about to job to Goober and watch him give a SB speech about ppl counting him out and making cheating allegations, gaining sympathy and making him the new GOAT. Garbage.

whoever comes out of the nfc

But who?

- Legion of boom is dead

- Carolina is not as good as their record, but they got the refs on their side.

- GB sucks.

- The Vikings are up and down, but still can't score when their having an up day.

- Redskins suck.

- Cardinals aren't that scary, but I'll say, by default, the best the NFC has to offer this season.

respect all, fear none.

i believe we will have a competitive game whoever we face at home or away. if we do go to SB, we will have another nail biter.

I think Houston and the Broncos would be the easiest path, but if this team gets healthy then there's nobody in the AFC to fear.

respect all, fear none.

i believe we will have a competitive game whoever we face at home or away. if we do go to SB, we will have another nail biter.

Yep. Given all that has happened this year I am really happy the Patriots are situated the way they are. Miami is always a tough win at home but the Patriots will win there Sunday and I expect the Jets to win at Buffalo knocking the Steelers out. Ultimately I think the Patriots will face the Cardinals in the Super Bowl and it will come down to the last two minutes as always. Advantage Patriots as they have been there before and They can count on Belichick and Brady to come through when it matters most.

ideally we would play the Texans or Broncos and then the Bengals.

Doesn't matter to me, especially if we are relatively healed, healthy and at home. Wouldn't mind a chance to exact a little revenge and embarrass the Jets or Broncos in the playoffs.

respect all, fear none.

i believe we will have a competitive game whoever we face at home or away. WHEN we do go to SB, we will have another nail biter.

FIXED it for ya.

Yep. Given all that has happened this year I am really happy the Patriots are situated the way they are. Miami is always a tough win at home but the Patriots will win there Sunday and I expect the Jets to win at Buffalo knocking the Steelers out. Ultimately I think the Patriots will face the Cardinals in the Super Bowl and it will come down to the last two minutes as always. Advantage Patriots as they have been there before and They can count on Belichick and Brady to come through when it matters most.

It's logical that the Cards represent the NFC in the SB, but I don't see them beating Carolina, in Carolina(refs) or Seattle, now that their offense is gelling. The refs are definitely going to try to screw us against Denver, because they have to put another ring on Manning to keep the Brady vs Manning debate alive. I just hope we can overcome it, though.

In a perfect world, I would say: Patriots vs Carolina (14-0 teams always make the SB, right?), Under Armour would throw a party!

In a NFL fixed world though: Denver vs Carolina. Fans who don't watch Carolina games, but pay attention to their record, feel that they are the best team in the league this season. Newton's having a breakout year, probably the league MVP and the future of the NFL (spit). Manning back in full form for the last 3 games of his career and beating "the best team of 2015" sells papers and the game. Storylines for this matchup is bigger than any other one. Maybe Seattle, but they will have played the SB 3 times in a row, not good for Goodell's business.

As long as we get folks back I like the Patriots chances against any team though. Would least like the Jets and Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick