PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your top five favorite Patriots of All-Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilduce06410 said:
Oh Yeah. In Their Visitors Center, Do The Patriots Have Any Stuff on These Guys? It's A Crying Shame if They Don't.

4. Steve Grogan. Not the greatest passer, but good enough to start in the NFL. He loved to run the ball. Only QB in NFL ever to wear a LB's neckroll.
With Grogan at QB, Mini-Mack at HB, and Don Calhoun (a fine player) at FB, the patriots had the 1971 sarting backfield for Kansas State University. for about 2 years, as i recall.

Grogan. My favorite description of the way he threw the ball was that, early in his career, he'd try to throw it through the chest of any defender in the way. Sometimes it seemed like his arm was almost strong enough to do it! When he matured as a QB, of course, he threw over or around defenders, like Brady. After Brady, in the next three best Patriots QBs with Bledsoe and Babe Parilli. When all is said and done, they'd be a distant 2 - 3 - 4.

italianpatthepatriot said:
since the thread refers to '90:

1 - Brady
2 - Bledsoe
3 - Mc Ginest
4 - Seymour
5 - Bruschi

if we look the past then: Hannah, Grogan, Nelson, Cunningham, Tatupu, and many others...

and: Pat the Patriot over Flying Elvis (as always....)

don't be mislead by my comment.

I only used my favorite pats from 1990 and on because I did not watch Hannah and the other guys play.

Everyone else is free to pick whoever they would like though, which is why I made sure to add "ALL TIME" into the thread title

Favorite 5

1. Lawyer Milloy
2. Ben Coates
3. Andre Tippett
4. Drew Bledsoe
5. Johnny Rembert

1. Tommy Brady
2. Rodney Harrison
3. Bledsoe
4. Ben "Winter" Coates
5. Chris Floyd*

*OK, Chris Floyd deserves an explanation. Aside from being a Michigan guy, in 2000, Brady's 1st game was preseason at the Silverdome. We had called him, gotten tickets, and he was going to meet up with us after the game. Well, like Tommy, he goes and leads the winning drive, so the Detroit media was all over him and he got hung up. We were trying to get down on the field after the game, and this security guard wouldn't let us, even though Brady gave the OK. So, we were waiting outside the tunnel when we saw Floyd's family. I was with a couple of guys from UM who knew Floyd, so we started talking to them. Chris came down, and his mom told him we were looking to talk to Brady. So, Chris tells the security guard we're all with him, and it's his family. The security guard sees us (2 white dudes), and holds us up. He says that we were trying to sneak in. Chris looks at him, and says "They ALL my family." The look on that dude's face was priceless.

My list
1. Tom Brady
2. John Hannah
3. Gino Cappelletti
4. Tedy Bruschi
5. Darryl Stingley

Julius Adams
Darryl Stingley
Brady
Bruschi
Troy Brown

Teddy Bruschi
Steve Nelson
Andy Johnson
Sam "Bam" Cunningham
Steve Grogan

I know I have more players from the past, but I love those guys. Honorable mention to Brady, Bledsoe, Rodney, Viniateri and Stanley Morgan.

1.Brady
2.Bruschi
3.Rodney
4.Bledsoe
5.McGinest

Wow, this is hard!

1. Tommy, Tedy and BB
2. Charlie, RAC and Dante
3. Rodney, Ty, Willie, Vrabes and Sey
4. Matt Light, Adam, Corey
5. Curtis, Lawyer and Drew.......

Okay, following the rules this time

1. Tommy
2. Tedy
3. Adam
4. Andre Tippet
5. Curtis Martin

Buddylove said:
1. Lawyer Milloy
2. Ben Coates
3. Andre Tippett
4. Drew Bledsoe
5. Johnny Rembert

How the hell did I forget Johnny Rembert.:confused:

Curious...

So far Brady is on about 15/23 top 5's. I couldn't imagine a top 5 Pats list without him.

Pats w/ Brady = 3 Super Bowl's
Pats w/o Brady = 0 Super Bowl's

PATSNUTme said:
How the hell did I forget Johnny Rembert.:confused:

Your list was the best! Did you include Bruce Armstrong and Brian Holloway??

Bill's Girl said:
Your list was the best! Did you include Bruce Armstrong and Brian Holloway??

What the hell is wrong with me.:mad: I'll go fit them in right now.

Chris Slade??
I can't edit my original. So, 5dd Johnny Rembert, 5ee Bruce armstrong, 5ff Brian Holloway, 5gg Chris Slade.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
What the hell is wrong with me.:mad: I'll go fit them in right now.

Chris Slade??
I can't edit my original. So, 5dd Johnny Rembert, 5ee Bruce armstrong, 5ff Brian Holloway, 5gg Chris Slade.

Anyone else?

East Boston's own Jermaine Wiggins....he made some huge catches on that last drive in SB 36!

Last edited:
what a great thread!

As i read through everyones lists-i would flash back to seeing each and every one of those players. as a fan since the very beginning(i was 7 in 1960), this is an incredibly hard thing to do. the original post said your "favorite" pats-not the "best" pats. the 5 "best" pats are pretty easy- theres only 2 in the HOF-hannah and mike haynes-so you gotta start there. ive seen em all-imho haynes is the best cb in nfl history.period. hannah is widely regarded as not only the best g of all time-but many think the best ol of all time. i would have to add jim nance and brady next. nance was the closest thing to jim brown ive seen-along with bo jackson-but both nance and bo had their careers cut short by injuries.nance would easily be the best rb in the nfl right now. he was bigger than dillon and MUCH faster. he was one of the fastest guys in football when he played at ANY position-and he weighed around 230. he ran the 100yd dash in something ridiculous like 9.6-that would equate to a 4.2 40 today. the 5th best is a tough call-clayborn, nick buoniconti(to me,hes a pat,not a fish), seymour,stanley morgan in atie. but as for my favorite- bruschi is #1, rodney harrison #2(rodney basically IS tedy), grogan 3, stanley morgan 4, brady 5. honorable mention to my namesake, "Earthquake" Hunt. for pure entertainment, mini-mack was the most fun-to- watch pat of all time.

1.T.Brady
2.Teddy.Bru
3.T.Brown
4.W.McGinest
5.C.Dillon

keep in mind ive only been a fan for a short time:D

1. Brady (The Tom Brady Story will be one of these sports movies that will be panned as "so cheesy", but then everyone will remember that it's actually true with no embellishment)

2. Grogan (Last of the call-your-own-play QBs, played with a neck roll for God's sake!)

3. Mosi (Very underrated fullback in addition to his standout special teams play. His forced fumble won the Raiders playoff game in LA)

4. Bruschi (Took too many years for the coaches to figure out what they had in him, but once they did...)

5. Tippett (Became less effective as OLs around the league started sliding tackles out to block blitzing OLBs, but for a while was truly a nightmare for the RB assigned to pick up his blitz. Gave Jim Kelly the shivers)

1.Bruschi
2.Brady
3.Rodney
4.Tippet
5.T. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back